View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Without outside power boosts? Legion hands down. No one on this list has even begun to do what he's done on the level he's done it on. Basically untrained, at that. This is otherwise a popularity contest. Legion beat Jean one on one in Legion Quest, Emma was terrified of him in X-Men Legacy (aka Legion solo). Xavier has been overpowered by him on numerous occasions and he's bested both Psylocke and Rachel's guards by completely installing new personalities into their minds in AoX (along with EVERYONE on Utopia). The Cuckoos, like Emma, got put on time-out by him in the same story. Quire lost some of his power in Gen-X, I believe... Anyone else?

There was that time X-Man (Nate Grey) pulled Xavier's physical body through the astral plane and out into the physical world again. Not sure if that was more telekinesis or telepathy; perhaps a ridiculous mixture of both powers?
    If we are talking raw power; Read my lip-... post. L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Why did you quote yourself?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    That's kinda funny that readers blame Marvel for rehashing old ideas/stories, when themselves rehash old polls.
    Well bringing a poll back after a few years works cause of changes in the comic, plus people at not at the time of the poll may not be as well up to date.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Emma Frost can rob other telepaths of their powers thus she wins
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I chose Betsy because she’s like better than everybody.....except Storm of course.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is a pretty loaded question and I don't think that there's a singular answer to it. Instead, there are probably at least three of them: which of the X-Men's telepaths is the most powerful? Which of them is the most skilled? What about their villains? And then you have to consider how many telepaths have been featured in the books... and yeah, it's pretty messy.

I am going to answer the question broken down into the three that I came up with based on my own interpretation, and on who seems to fit the best and who is relevant in the books at the moment.

The most powerful telepath is Jean. She is full of raw strength and limitless potential, meaning that as she gets older and uses her powers more, they're just going to grow even stronger. Even during the nineties - though admittedly during the post-Onslaught era - Jean was classified as the most powerful psi on the planet, and I think everything that we've seen since the demonstrates that.

I think that Emma Frost is the most skilled telepath. She's done a lot of refining of her powers, and though she's more powerful than Charles (or perhaps simply more skilled), she doesn't come anywhere near Jean or Rachel in terms of raw strength - she's had the most intricate uses of this ability though.

As for the villain... I'm going to say Cassandra Nova. Exodus and Shadow King are no slouches, but Cassandra is as strong or stronger than Charles - on his best day when she's at her worst.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The response to the "best" at anything is always going to be subjective and situational. For example, there are plenty powerful psi out there, but some of them can't read alien minds at all. In those instances, you'll either want someone like Oracle, who has been exposed to various minds across the galaxy by virtue of being a member of the Imperial Guard, or a psi that has strong empath leanings.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is a pretty loaded question and I don't think that there's a singular answer to it. Instead, there are probably at least three of them: which of the X-Men's telepaths is the most powerful? Which of them is the most skilled? What about their villains? And then you have to consider how many telepaths have been featured in the books... and yeah, it's pretty messy.

I am going to answer the question broken down into the three that I came up with based on my own interpretation, and on who seems to fit the best and who is relevant in the books at the moment.

The most powerful telepath is Jean. She is full of raw strength and limitless potential, meaning that as she gets older and uses her powers more, they're just going to grow even stronger. Even during the nineties - though admittedly during the post-Onslaught era - Jean was classified as the most powerful psi on the planet, and I think everything that we've seen since the demonstrates that.

I think that Emma Frost is the most skilled telepath. She's done a lot of refining of her powers, and though she's more powerful than Charles (or perhaps simply more skilled), she doesn't come anywhere near Jean or Rachel in terms of raw strength - she's had the most intricate uses of this ability though.

As for the villain... I'm going to say Cassandra Nova. Exodus and Shadow King are no slouches, but Cassandra is as strong or stronger than Charles - on his best day when she's at her worst.
    Emma is not more powerful than Charles, not even close. Jean is up there but I think being the Phoenix host boosted her. A lot of people sleep on Xavier but that's because he keeps himself in check. If he ever said the hell with it and just cut loose he would be an absolute monster. Onslaught gave us a view of a potential monster Xavier and we've seen several alt reality versions as well. Xavier with no self-imposed restrictions would be nigh unstoppable, but people would rather downgrade him.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Emma is not more powerful than Charles, not even close. Jean is up there but I think being the Phoenix host boosted her. A lot of people sleep on Xavier but that's because he keeps himself in check. If he ever said the hell with it and just cut loose he would be an absolute monster. Onslaught gave us a view of a potential monster Xavier and we've seen several alt reality versions as well. Xavier with no self-imposed restrictions would be nigh unstoppable, but people would rather downgrade him.
    Emma has beaten Charles numerous times, so she's proven that she is at least as powerful as him, and likely more skilled than he is. And we know via word of god that Jean can beat Emma, largely in part to the fact that Jean is more powerful than Emma is (sledgehammer beats scalpel, from the mouth of Jordan D. White). So while I think that Charles used to be the world's most powerful heroic telepath, he's not anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. Exactly how powerful "X" ends up being though ultimately remains to be seen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... emphasis.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do you ask? Is he not allowed to?...anyways,

After further consideration, and some insight from Harpsikord’s last post, think it may be a toss up between Emma and Jean.....Jean is more powerful and Emma has been alive a lot longer, so she is probably a bit more skilled. I’d say either of those.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Still doesn't stop the fact that she controlled a planet overrun by Annihilus's children and was able to keep psionic contact with her team....while bleeding at the nose of course.
    But it does put an end to the lies that she telepathically controlled a whole planet...people need to tell the whole truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Emma has beaten Charles numerous times, so she's proven that she is at least as powerful as him,

Issues number please.

Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-10-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I always loved when Rachel had the Phoenix avatar over her eye. They should totally bring that back without a huge crossover Phoenix event. Just sneak it in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I laughed, but then I remembered this is only going to encourage the Storm Fans.
    Are you trying to throw shade??

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    But it does put an end to the lies that she telepathically controlled a whole planet...people need to tell the whole truth.

Issues number please.

Her debut issue Uncanny X-men 130 and in X-men Legacy 215 and 216, even after he said he was stronger than her.