Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm doubling down on the mystery fig bein' Nate Grey. Here, you can see much clearer:

... that the eye has it.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow. If I'm right, I promise not to gloat... too much.
    The only reason I don't think it's him as he does not have any chronal or temporal powers, and any dimensional powers he had back in the day have been stripped of him. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I'm a doubting Thomas on it being Nate.

Also I can't tell if they are referring to Magneto or old Hank as "old man". Since Hank started the whole mess.

BANNED

I'm just goin' off the visuals pretty much, it lookin' like a dude, and somebody sayin' psi powers were demonstrated. Plus his relation to Cable, if that in fact, is who the "old man" comment is supposed to be referring to. Beyond that, just gut instinct, I guess. I'll have to check recent marketing ploys & merchandising product, to see if he's been included. The just released Flair cards, would be a good place to start.

BANNED

Sure enough, he's the #2 base card. To be fair tho, Nope was in there as well, @ #27.

Kinda bummed this is still a month away. I'll have to frequent the Gold and Blue review threads more often to stay in the loop for the lead up.

Astonishing Member

I guess Nate grey is possible. It definitely look like a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Kinda bummed this is still a month away. I'll have to frequent the Gold and Blue review threads more often to stay in the loop for the lead up.
    Well, at least we have Cable #159 to tide us over with the final Countdown to Extermination page.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, at least we have Cable #159 to tide us over with the final Countdown to Extermination page.
    Yeah and that issue of Cable looks really great

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    Oh look, X-Men again having some time travel stuff about some dark and hopeless future. Bleh
    My thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    Oh look, X-Men again having some time travel stuff about some dark and hopeless future. Bleh
    Kinda like America circa 2016

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I have been saying it from the start. Now CBR is finally noticing it as well.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-blue-magne...ation-secrets/
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Two days to go
    I've really been looking forward to this mini. Do you guys think the 'old bastard' referred to in the preview could be Magneto after what they showed in Blue? The page we got in Cable 159 makes me think Cable will come in to fix things but isn't responsible for what happened.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Two days to go
    I've really been looking forward to this mini. Do you guys think the 'old bastard' referred to in the preview could be Magneto after what they showed in Blue? The page we got in Cable 159 makes me think Cable will come in to fix things but isn't responsible for what happened.
    I do think they r referencing Magneto, Seems like the same future he visited.
    When is the issue dropping?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Two days to go
    I do think they r referencing Magneto, Seems like the same future he visited.
    When is the issue dropping?

Fantastic Member

In about 34 hours.

Vague spoilers below:

spoilers:

Appearances from:
    The 05 + Bloodstorm
    Cece Reyes
    Rachel Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Ahab
    Cable
    Jean Grey
    Nightcrawler

Two deaths, both confirmed on-panel. One of them won't surprise many people, the other one is a bit of a shock and has some interesting ramifications attached.

We do find out who the mysterious figure is in the first issue, so much appreciation to Brisson for not dragging that out. Also, we don't spend more time in the standard-sub-standard dystopian setting than we see in the preview, another plus.

The art is kick ass all the way through.

There's definitely a sense of something bigger building even in this first issue. I imagine I'd be more invested if I cared about the 05 (beyond wanting to see them gone), but it does feel like Brisson intends to make the conclusion to their story have genuine impact on the X-Books.

All in all, nice way to kick off the event. Looking forward to the next issue.
    end of spoilers