Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I take it you don't read that many comic books?

Besides the issue of DC Special Series #10 in 1978 (and if you haven't seen that story before, try http://blackcanaryfan.blogspot.com/2...nary-1978.html), as well as those two issues of Justice League of America back in 1983 that first introduced the "mother/daughter" concept for Black Canary, the post-CoIE origin(s) for both Black Canaries was retold/clarified back in 1990's Secret Origins #50.

During the New52, we got a glimpse into the revised backstory of Black Canary in Birds of Prey #25 (January 2014):

And then in 2015, Secret Origins #11 had her origin.

There may also be versions I'm not familiar with.

So, until they pin down whether there was still a separate Golden Age Black Canary with the (currently unaccounted for) JSA, and if/how that Black Canary may-or-may-not be connected to the one we have been reading about since DC Universe: Rebirth, I don't think we need/want any more origins for Black Canary yet.
    And the top one cited by the Major was by Alan Brennert. When it comes to the early age of modern superhero storytelling, you can't go wrong with Alan Brennert. The collection of his DC work, linked here, is fantastic:

https://www.comixology.com/Tales-of-...N1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Mon-El. I've tried to forget his various origins since the original.
    Given the choice I would much rather have his Zero Hour/Reboot era origin than his original version. The ZH version with him being Valor and being the seeder of the worlds that would latter go on to be the core members of the United Planets. I loved that some worlds even see him as holy figure since he helped start there world and then vanished for a 1000 years. It was just so much better than the "long lost brother with amnesia".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You need to provide more info on these. I get nothing on a Wiki search either.
    See that is why they need new Origins...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    See that is why they need new Origins...
    But if they don't exist in the first place, maybe they don't need "new" origins.

BANNED

The Falcon Rider needs retelling and so does Green Emerald
    Falcon Rider is the Mongolian Super Hero with powers to speak with the horse and ride with raptors

Green Emrald is an Indian Super Hero with a mystery and mystical twist

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Especially since there's been an 'Everything Happened' approach to hers (and Batman's) continuity lately, I think its high-time we had a retelling that sorts everything out - which reconciles her early burglaries as 'the Cat' with her early Year One escapades inspired by Batman.
    I don't think that you can really reconcile it. Especally if the also wan't to keep Rex Calabrese as her father.

The problem with Catwoman is that her origin is such a mess (even pre flashpoint she had two different origin stories that don't really mix) that 'Everything Happened' is in her case a really terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Falcon Rider is the Mongolian Super Hero with powers to speak with the horse and ride with raptors

Green Emrald is an Indian Super Hero with a mystery and mystical twist
    But, where (title and issue number) have they previously appeared? Were they one-appearance characters who almost nobody is aware that they ever existed?

Incredible Member

John Stewart

Guy Gardner

I'd like a 6 issue origin story for each.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    John Stewart

Guy Gardner

John, Guy, Hal and Kyle all need a new origin, and it can be done at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    John Stewart

Guy Gardner

John, Guy, Hal and Kyle all need a new origin, and it can be done at the same time.
    But don't forget Simon and Jessica!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But don't forget Simon and Jessica!
    It's like when someone leaves you out of his will. That doesn't mean he's forgotten you.

I'd leave Kyle out too, but with Grant Morrison writing Green Lantern, that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-14-2018 at 02:05 PM.

BANNED

Oh, and get rid of WILLPOWAH and "overcoming fear" in Green Lantern. As in, no Lantern is "greater" than any other because he's got a bigger WILLPOWAH or because he's "overcome more fear."
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-14-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Incredible Member

Green Lantern.

Give Hal, Guy, John and Kyle their rings at the same time and call them equals. Say that everything that's ever made them look bad never happened. Make Sinestro the killer of Abin Sur, so there will be no more efforts to make him a hero. Find something different for Baz and Cruz to do. Flush the emotional spectrum. Keep the Guardians off-camera except for very rare occasions. Keep Hal on Earth almost all the time. Software is making test pilots obsolete, so give Hal another profession that involves speed and danger, like race car driver. Make Guy something like a former pro football player. Don't make Kyle a god.
    Everything you just said here was ridiculous. And software isn't making test pilots obsolete. You realize that they still require test pilots to fly the aircraft to test new software correct? They don't just add it in and hope that it works out. So they definitely still need them and that works for Hal. Having them all become Green Lanterns at the same time makes zero sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Everything you just said here was ridiculous. And software isn't making test pilots obsolete. You realize that they still require test pilots to fly the aircraft to test new software correct? They don't just add it in and hope that it works out. So they definitely still need them and that works for Hal. Having them all become Green Lanterns at the same time makes zero sense.
    Sir, AIRLINE pilots are no longer needed. The only reason they still have jobs is that the public would be afraid to fly on a plane with no pilot.

Who is going to keep paying test pilots when software can safely test a plane? Maybe you would. Even though pretty soon there won't even be any jobs for truck drivers.

The purpose of giving the Lanterns their rings at the same time is so that there won't be a hierarchy among them, which guarantees that only one of them (at most) can sell a comic.

And this is what's ridiculous:

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #47 $2.99 DC 27,825 -- the all-time low sales for a comic starring Hal.

GREEN LANTERNS #48 $2.99 DC 23,994 -- a number that will continue to drop after Hal joins the cast.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-14-2018 at 05:00 PM.

. . . The purpose of giving the Lanterns their rings at the same time is so that there won't be a hierarchy among them, which guarantees that only one of them (at most) can sell a comic.

And this is what's ridiculous:

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #47 $2.99 DC 27,825 -- the all-time low sales for a comic starring Hal.

GREEN LANTERNS #48 $2.99 DC 23,994 -- a number that will continue to drop after Hal joins the cast.
    So, I take it your solution to all this is to drop Simon and Jessica, then have Hal undergo gender reassignment via his Power Ring?
    (Hey, if Arisia Rrab could use her ring to suddenly age herself from a teenager to an adult so she could have sex with Hal, . . . just sayin' . . . )