Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,132

    Default

    Talks about hard justice, beats people up, helmet covers the face completely and is a pikachu.

    #originalitypaysoff.

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What do the family even contribute to Batman, what does he even need them for? And why do fans of the family even want him around when all they do is trash him and say he's overexposed. It's crazy, on one hand there's complaints that Batman overshadows everyone but then there's complaints that the family is not appearing in Batman titles. Fans should be calling for a separate bat family book free of Batman where the family can do their own thing and Batman can get his Tec title back. DC needs to separate Batman from the family for awhile.
    True, he can get his ass handed to him by himself!

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    OMG! here we go again...just readed it...this was the 1000.000 time ive see a mind-reader fight, and it went down the same way it always does...and with the same flawled logic as always...mind-reader isnt a very quick or skilled fighter…but because he can read thoughts he gains skill and super-speed via plot!
    same thing here, Cass blitzed this guy in the begining of the fight, then he started to read her mind, and kabum! he now has the speed to keep up and the skill and fighting knowledge to even understand her thoughts and block her attacks...lol...i guess that if i get a mind-reading helmet ill be able to beat Connor Macgregor easy...oh wait…
    One loss to Red Hood and now to a Red Hood wanna-bee.

    Wanna-Kachu.

    Wanchu.

    This trope has been used before without the person in question being uber-skilled but I`m curious, where does it say that this guy is not skilled at all?

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Clapping wildly!

    Thank you.

    Now Batman is a detective right? What does a detective do? He used his RESOURCES. Because he can't be everywhere at once.

    Batman can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter. Duke & Tim & Damian can.

    Batman can surf the wide web like Babs can. Cyborg is another story.

    There are things everyone can do that Batman can not do for a various number of reasons.


    What do the family even contribute to Batman?
    Cassandra Cain proved females of colors could SELL.
    Tim Drake boasts 200+ issues Marvel would KILL for a teen hero to have that.
    Nightwing-proved a sidekick can get his OWN stuff and SELL over 200+ issue
    Harley-a female can SELL who is not named WW or Supergirl or Babs
    Babs-proved a wheelchair does not restrict what you can do and Batgirl does sell
    Birds of Prey-a team of females can sell
    Catwoman a female villianess can SELL 200 issues
    Azreal-100 issues
    Jason Todd-100 for a guy who was dead for 15 years?
    If they can get Duke right-they got a weapon to counter Miles Morales
    Batwoman-show me another LGBT person with 100+ solo issues

    His supporting cast PROVED they can stand on their own without him. Marvel would KILL for that to happen with X-Men.

    They don't hamper Batman-they make him better.

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    If they can get Duke right-they got a weapon to counter Miles Morales
    That ship has sailed long ago. Hopefully im wrong, but i believe the character will never hit it big. He is just boring, bland and comparing him to Miles is doing a disservice to Miles.


    His supporting cast PROVED they can stand on their own without him. Marvel would KILL for that to happen with X-Men.
    This is the most baffling thing, Batmans supporting cast (at least the pre flashpoint cast) is really well thought out. You could launch an entire line of comics about them and it would sell. You could make movies about them and people would go see them. These characters are very interesting. The Batman mythos really has the best toys.

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    No idea why family fans are getting their feathers ruffled. If the family is appearing in a Batman book then they will be supporting characters and as such they're expendable in pursuit of Batman's development. It would be one thing if Batman was appearing in their books but thats not the case at all. I find the complaints legit, why exactly is Black Lightning the star of a Batman book? Moreover Tec would collapse without Batman. Its entire status as a strong seller is built on the idea that its a flagship Batman book. Still just 3 more issues and its returning to being a solo Batman book anyway so I guess anti family guys should also chill.
    I'm just waiting for all the filler to be over with.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thank you.

    Now Batman is a detective right? What does a detective do? He used his RESOURCES. Because he can't be everywhere at once.

    Batman can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter. Duke & Tim & Damian can.

    Batman can surf the wide web like Babs can. Cyborg is another story.

    There are things everyone can do that Batman can not do for a various number of reasons.




    Cassandra Cain proved females of colors could SELL.
    Tim Drake boasts 200+ issues Marvel would KILL for a teen hero to have that.
    Nightwing-proved a sidekick can get his OWN stuff and SELL over 200+ issue
    Harley-a female can SELL who is not named WW or Supergirl or Babs
    Babs-proved a wheelchair does not restrict what you can do and Batgirl does sell
    Birds of Prey-a team of females can sell
    Catwoman a female villianess can SELL 200 issues
    Azreal-100 issues
    Jason Todd-100 for a guy who was dead for 15 years?
    If they can get Duke right-they got a weapon to counter Miles Morales
    Batwoman-show me another LGBT person with 100+ solo issues

    His supporting cast PROVED they can stand on their own without him. Marvel would KILL for that to happen with X-Men.

    They don't hamper Batman-they make him better.
    Some corrections, Jason Todd doesn't solo hundred issues. Even if you count Outlaws as a solo then we're looking at around 75-80 issues. Heck if you add Lost Days mini and Arkham Knight Genesis then it still rounds up to around 90.
    Batwoman doesn't even come close to having 100 issues even if you add her stint on Tec under Rucka. More like around 70.

    Besides I have no idea why we're measuring issue numbers. The argument was that Tec should be about Batman. If we're going by number of solo issues then Batman has that number down in multiple thousands so the rest are like ants next to him.
    Moreover the reason they even have all of that is because of Batman. Batmans popularity, exposure and status has benefited all these characters. In the grand scheme of things Batman is generating all the hype, revenue and momentum that those other characters benefit from. In case of Catwoman 3 of her ongoings were launched on the back of major Batman events/stories. Knightfall, Hush, Batman 50 and the same would apply to pretty much apply to the rest as well. Cass was launched on the back of NML, JPV from Knightfall, Steph from Morrison's run , Kate was given Tec all to herself to prepare her for her first solo and so on. The family benefits far more from Batman than vice versa. Because its not like you cant find characters like these in other comics. There are plenty of substitutes but the Batman brand is ultimately what differentiates these characters.
    Finally Miles only became a thing because Bendis made him Spider-Man and then went out of his way to push him as Spider-Man. Duke already had a shot as Robin, he's never ever going to be DC's answer to Spider-Man.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    No idea why family fans are getting their feathers ruffled. If the family is appearing in a Batman book then they will be supporting characters and as such they're expendable in pursuit of Batman's development. It would be one thing if Batman was appearing in their books but thats not the case at all. I find the complaints legit, why exactly is Black Lightning the star of a Batman book? Moreover Tec would collapse without Batman. Its entire status as a strong seller is built on the idea that its a flagship Batman book. Still just 3 more issues and its returning to being a solo Batman book anyway so I guess anti family guys should also chill.
    I'm just waiting for all the filler to be over with.
    If you count both the AK Comic and Genesis It's over a hundred.

    There is no feathers to be ruffled either way. For years you had comics solely dedicated for Batman, particularly his Legends but at the same time the mainline franchise books almost always featured the family as supporting cast since the 50s.

    Must as he appears In the other books.

    Why is BL here? Because Batman wants a teacher and he cant be everywhere.His status has bone global over a decade now. They could be doing that In another title but they chosed Tec.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 07-13-2018 at 03:49 AM.

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    25 issues of current Outlaws
    12 for R/A
    42 for previous volume
    6 Lost Days
    6 Genesis
    91 issues and 2 or 3 annuals.

    Key word being supporting but the argument here is that Batman is now being used to keep other characters published.

    If he can do everything he does then he can certainly teach and besides he's mentored and influenced a lot more people than BL did. Pierce is there because DC wants to push him that's all and since they're doing it in Batman's book then yes fans are going to question it

  10. #40
    Mighty Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Key word being supporting but the argument here is that Batman is now being used to keep other characters published.
    Well, you have Damian as your profile pic and he literally wouldn't have survived without "son of Batman" tagged to his name. Is it a bit rich of you to complain about this?

    I don't like current Tec nor most of the batfamily and I think it's getting bigger than necessary, but complaining non stop about the batfamily is getting stale especially considering that Batman is a character that has dozen stories coming every year.

  11. #41
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What do the family even contribute to Batman, what does he even need them for? And why do fans of the family even want him around when all they do is trash him and say he's overexposed. It's crazy, on one hand there's complaints that Batman overshadows everyone but then there's complaints that the family is not appearing in Batman titles. Fans should be calling for a separate bat family book free of Batman where the family can do their own thing and Batman can get his Tec title back. DC needs to separate Batman from the family for awhile.
    I don't think the people who complain that Batman is overexposed are the same people who love the Batfamily.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Cassandra Cain proved females of colors could SELL.
    Tim Drake boasts 200+ issues Marvel would KILL for a teen hero to have that.
    Nightwing-proved a sidekick can get his OWN stuff and SELL over 200+ issue
    Harley-a female can SELL who is not named WW or Supergirl or Babs
    Babs-proved a wheelchair does not restrict what you can do and Batgirl does sell
    Birds of Prey-a team of females can sell
    Catwoman a female villianess can SELL 200 issues
    Azreal-100 issues
    Jason Todd-100 for a guy who was dead for 15 years?
    If they can get Duke right-they got a weapon to counter Miles Morales
    Batwoman-show me another LGBT person with 100+ solo issues

    His supporting cast PROVED they can stand on their own without him. Marvel would KILL for that to happen with X-Men.

    They don't hamper Batman-they make him better.
    More clapping (though I think the numbers are a little off).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well, you have Damian as your profile pic and he literally wouldn't have survived without "son of Batman" tagged to his name. Is it a bit rich of you to complain about this?

    I don't like current Tec nor most of the batfamily and I think it's getting bigger than necessary, but complaining non stop about the batfamily is getting stale especially considering that Batman is a character that has dozen stories coming every year.
    I never complained about anything. Infact I literally said that family haters only have 3 more issues anyway so they should restrain themselves.
    Secondly I mentioned that family characters benefit far more from Batman (Damian included) than vice versa so if you're looking for irony then you wont find any.

    Batman having dozens of books is a separate matter entirely. No one will like their character being a support character in their own book period.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I never complained about anything. Infact I literally said that family haters only have 3 more issues anyway so they should restrain themselves.
    Secondly I mentioned that family characters benefit far more from Batman (Damian included) than vice versa so if you're looking for irony then you wont find any.

    Batman having dozens of books is a separate matter entirely. No one will like their character being a support character in their own book period.
    Your posts in Batman's threads say otherwise, but whatever you say.

    And Batman having dozens of books is definitely related. Tec isn't the only choice for any Batman fan because he is a character that feature in multiple books that come out every week and if you are a fan of solo Batman, you have plenty of choices to choose from.

    Batman is one of my favourite charaters and him taking the support role in one of his books for few issues isn't the end of the world to me. I will simply read something else if I didn't like it.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Your posts in Batman's threads say otherwise, but whatever you say.

    And Batman having dozens of books is definitely related. Tec isn't the only choice for any Batman fan because he is a character that feature in multiple books that come out every week and if you are a fan of solo Batman, you have plenty of choices to choose from.

    Batman is one of my favourite charaters and him taking the support role in one of his books for few issues isn't the end of the world to me. I will simply read something else if I didn't like it.
    I was talking about this thread and you know damn well.

    And it doesn't matter, if fans have been conditioned to believe that Tec is a Batman book then they will complain if they see it being usurped. Moreover DC's persistent usage of him to sell other characters in his own book at his expense will undoubtedly be grating for these fans.
    You are you, your behaviour is your own, you dont represent anyone else.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    If you count both the AK Comic and Genesis It's over a hundred.
    Jason was iirc not really the main protagonist of the AK Comics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •