Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

He wasn't even the main antagonist of that comic even lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I was talking about this thread and you know damn well.

And it doesn't matter, if fans have been conditioned to believe that Tec is a Batman book then they will complain if they see it being usurped. Moreover DC's persistent usage of him to sell other characters in his own book at his expense will undoubtedly be grating for these fans.
    You are you, your behaviour is your own, you dont represent anyone else.
    You do realize that you are complaining right now, right?

And I'm not the one who spoke in the behalf of the others here. You are the one who made the claim that "no one like x" and I disgreed because I have no problem with him being in the background for a while in his book.

Tec never belonged to only Batman. It's a book that existed before he did and always featured different bat characters.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thank you.

Now Batman is a detective right? What does a detective do? He used his RESOURCES. Because he can't be everywhere at once.

Batman can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter. Duke & Tim & Damian can.
    Duke and Damian can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter unless the shooter happens to attend the same school as them.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Well, you have Damian as your profile pic and he literally wouldn't have survived without "son of Batman" tagged to his name.
    Literally? Speculation.

I like the family more than Batman but I can appreciate the Batman only fans being frustrated with Rebirth Tec. It wasn't balanced.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 07-13-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if Karma kills some of the lesser Bat-family and I can start reading about BATMAN in this book again.
    Shots fired at Batfam!

Release the DEFENDERS!!!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Duke and Damian can't cruise around a school looking for a kid shooter unless the shooter happens to attend the same school as them.
    I strongly disagree! Damian's gone undercover at least twice to infiiltrate school groups he doesn't belong to - Batgirl #17 (Stephanie Brown) and Gotham Academy. The Robins can be visiting students or friends or whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Literally? Speculation.

I like the family more than Batman but I can appreciate the Batman only fans being frustrated with Rebirth Tec. It wasn't balanced.
    I disagree about Rebirth Tec not being balanced - I still think there's tons of great Batman moment. Admittedly, for me, a lot of them are Batman hugging the family (please note that I said a lot, not all). And I know that just infuriates the solo Batman fans more. But since I think solo Batman fans fundamentally misunderstand Batman in the larger, thematic context...and they do the same for me...eh.

And I'm SO tempted to make a comment about how we'll have to see if Damian really does need Batman to be his father to sell...except there's no way that's actually going to change. I just think it's kinda hilarious.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Shots fired at Batfam!

Release the DEFENDERS!!!
    Haha. Already here.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Mighty Member

Some corrections, Jason Todd doesn't solo hundred issues. Even if you count Outlaws as a solo then we're looking at around 75-80 issues. Heck if you add Lost Days mini and Arkham Knight Genesis then it still rounds up to around 90.
    Batwoman doesn't even come close to having 100 issues even if you add her stint on Tec under Rucka. More like around 70.

Besides I have no idea why we're measuring issue numbers. The argument was that Tec should be about Batman. If we're going by number of solo issues then Batman has that number down in multiple thousands so the rest are like ants next to him.
    Moreover the reason they even have all of that is because of Batman. Batmans popularity, exposure and status has benefited all these characters. In the grand scheme of things Batman is generating all the hype, revenue and momentum that those other characters benefit from. In case of Catwoman 3 of her ongoings were launched on the back of major Batman events/stories. Knightfall, Hush, Batman 50 and the same would apply to pretty much apply to the rest as well. Cass was launched on the back of NML, JPV from Knightfall, Steph from Morrison's run , Kate was given Tec all to herself to prepare her for her first solo and so on. The family benefits far more from Batman than vice versa. Because its not like you cant find characters like these in other comics. There are plenty of substitutes but the Batman brand is ultimately what differentiates these characters.
    Finally Miles only became a thing because Bendis made him Spider-Man and then went out of his way to push him as Spider-Man. Duke already had a shot as Robin, he's never ever going to be DC's answer to Spider-Man.
    Exactly! It's not about sales, it's about exposure. Batman is perfectly capable of fighting crime without the family and he would sell just fine without their presence in any of his titles. But what I don't get is those who say the family don't need Batman, that they sell fine and then complain when they don't appear in his books. The family are only relevant because of their association with Batman, his popularity.
    -If Dick was not Bruce's ward and Batman's first partner.
    -If Barbara did not copy the bat symbol and emulate Batman to become Batgirl.
    -If Jason never encountered Batman and became Robin and then Red Hood.
    -If Tim was never Robin, he was just a smart kid with no connection to Batman.
    -If Kate did not take Batman's symbol, name, and likeness.
    -If Damien was not Bruce's son but just Talia's and someone else.
    Where would any of those characters be without their ties to Batman? Would they be as relevant, as popular? I think not. But Batman would still be as big as he is because he is the central character and can exist just fine without any of them. Now can any of the family stand on their own without Bruce? Sure, Dick and Barbara maybe Jason but only because of their past history with Batman. So I'm not arguing that the family should be killed off but should be in their own books to do their own thing free of Batman and likewise Batman should do his own thing free from them. Tec #982 was a perfect example of what the Tec title should be, gritty stories of Batman in the underbelly of Gotham. This need some have to saddle Batman with the family needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Exactly! It's not about sales, it's about exposure. Batman is perfectly capable of fighting crime without the family and he would sell just fine without their presence in any of his titles. But what I don't get is those who say the family don't need Batman, that they sell fine and then complain when they don't appear in his books.
    1) Who are these mythical family fans who want to get rid of Batman in Batfamily titles? Family fans do want solos for the Batfamily characters, but as far as I can tell, they're not opposed to Batman showing up in those solos. Since it's a family. Most of the family fans I'm aware of also liked Bruce in Tynion's Tec, even if they had other problems with the book.

2) This need some have to saddle Batman with loneliness needs to end. Oh, wait, it did. In the 1940s. Ugh.

You don't like the Batfamily? Don't read them. Don't rain on the parade of those who do.

I was talking about this thread and you know damn well.

And it doesn't matter, if fans have been conditioned to believe that Tec is a Batman book then they will complain if they see it being usurped. Moreover DC's persistent usage of him to sell other characters in his own book at his expense will undoubtedly be grating for these fans.
    You are you, your behaviour is your own, you dont represent anyone else.
    No one is conditioning the fans to believe Detective Comics is a solo Batman book besides other fans, my guy. This arguement boils down to this; if you want to read solo batman then read his solo series and stop complaining that this ensemble book isn't a Batman solo. That's the point everyone is trying to make. If it's been how ever many issues where they have consistently shown that this is a team book, why would you come back every 2 weeks expecting something different? That's literal madness...

Or you're intentionally being dense to troll in which case, do you I guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    No one is conditioning the fans to believe Detective Comics is a solo Batman book besides other fans, my guy. This arguement boils down to this; if you want to read solo batman then read his solo series and stop complaining that this ensemble book isn't a Batman solo. That's the point everyone is trying to make. If it's been how ever many issues where they have consistently shown that this is a team book, why would you come back every 2 weeks expecting something different? That's literal madness...

Or you're intentionally being dense to troll in which case, do you I guess
    I'm sorry but what are you even talking about? Detective literally has the word Batman emblazoned on every cover . Infact even during these last 2 years of Rebirth when the title has featured other characters its Batman who has been present on virtually every cover and variant cover. Its a Batman book and if you think its an ensemble book then your knowledge only extends to 2 years. 3 issues later you're literally getting a solo Batman book all over again. Still if DC wants this to be an ensemble book of which I have seen zero evidence then why do they go out of their way to have Batman in the book and promote it as a Batman book? Batman, Superman and Spider-Man all have multiple books.

Secondly I dont come back every 2 weeks, check again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You do realize that you are complaining right now, right?

And I'm not the one who spoke in the behalf of the others here. You are the one who made the claim that "no one like x" and I disgreed because I have no problem with him being in the background for a while in his book.

Tec never belonged to only Batman. It's a book that existed before he did and always featured different bat characters.
    Um no I'm not, stick to the argument instead of trying to make me a topic. I let your attempts to find irony slide, dont make this personal.

You're giving your own personal example as if anyone asked for it, you have your behavior pattern, others have theirs.

Honestly I dont care who it belongs to. But this book is only under publication because its a Batman book and that's all there is to it, how many other comics can you name that have survived 8 decades straight?

I'm sorry but what are you even talking about? Detective literally has the word Batman emblazoned on every cover . Infact even during these last 2 years of Rebirth when the title has featured other characters its Batman who has been present on virtually every cover and variant cover. Its a Batman book and if you think its an ensemble book then your knowledge only extends to 2 years. 3 issues later you're literally getting a solo Batman book all over again. Still if DC wants this to be an ensemble book of which I have seen zero evidence then why do they go out of their way to have Batman in the book and promote it as a Batman book? Batman, Superman and Spider-Man all have multiple books.

Secondly I dont come back every 2 weeks, check again.
    I agree with you that Detective sells largely because Batman is in it. However, saying that it's always a Batman solo book is just as inaccurate as saying that it's always an ensemble book. There are tons of Detective stories that are about Batman and Robin, or nearly a whole year about Batwoman, or where it's a team-up book (Dini's run).

I didn't really like this issue. I found it rather boring. Just my two cents.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Um no I'm not, stick to the argument instead of trying to make me a topic. I let your attempts to find irony slide, dont make this personal.

You're giving your own personal example as if anyone asked for it, you have your behavior pattern, others have theirs.

Honestly I dont care who it belongs to. But this book is only under publication because its a Batman book and that's all there is to it, how many other comics can you name that have survived 8 decades straight?
    I don't need to make any effort because the irony is dripping from your posts without me trying to look for it.

And I don't need anyone to ask for my "personal opinion" because I'm free to share it if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Batman isn't a real person who worked hard to reach the top, he is fictional character who had many people working hard and putting so much effort on him to become a powerful brand and I believe the company which he belongs to and worked hard to make him stay popular are entitled to use one of his many books to give exposure to their other characters. Enjoy and let others to enjoy too.
    Last edited by Rise; 07-13-2018 at 09:58 AM.