Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Default You are....i am....this is....wild dog appreciation thread!!!!

Yup....I've gone and done it....because I truly think this character deserves some appreciation and another shot at a comic appearance.

Action_Comics_640.jpgWhos-Who-DC-Comics-Wild-Dog.jpgWild_Dog_001.jpg

I know I'll probably be the only fan in here, but it's worth getting **** over.

Nope. Was a Big Fan from way back in the day. Got every ish of the Org Mini and every apperance from Action Comics Weekly in a Comic Box setting right behind me. The though of him appearin on the upcoming Arrow fills me with both anticipation and dread....

There is nothing wrong in being a lone fan of something and talking about what you love on a comic book forum to get others interested OP. I would rather read what's cool than what's bad (we get too much of that as of late) anyway. I don't know that he has been seen in print since Maxwell Lord forced him to suicide years ago in an alternate time-stream where Booster Gold attempted to save the life of Blue Beetle. Rebirth could do a lot worse than bringing back Jack Wheeler. A more heroic pastiche of Punisher style vigilantes.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Wheeler_(New_Earth)
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Nope. Was a Big Fan from way back in the day. Got every ish of the Org Mini and every apperance from Action Comics Weekly in a Comic Box setting right behind me. The though of him appearin on the upcoming Arrow fills me with both anticipation and dread....
    Awesome! I am glad to meet other fans of the character. I just read earlier today about the news of him appearing in Arrow. I honestly think that's going to be the best part of season 5. Maybe if he is done well enough, DC will give him another mini-series, or an appearance in Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    There is nothing wrong in being a lone fan of something and talking about what you love on a comic book forum to get others interested OP. I would rather read what's cool than what's bad (we get too much of that as of late) anyway. I don't know that he has been seen in print since Maxwell Lord forced him to suicide years ago in an alternate time-stream where Booster Gold attempted to save the life of Blue Beetle. Rebirth could do a lot worse than bringing back Jack Wheeler. A more heroic pastiche of Punisher style vigilantes.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Wheeler_(New_Earth)

I honestly think that with the right creative team, there is a lot of potential for this character to be written as a more heroic version of the Punisher. As a fan of Frank Castle, I would definitely buy a new series starring Jack Wheeler.

My Fav thing about the Org Mini was how it was alomst a "How to become a Vigilante" Instruction book. It was great.

My Fav thing about the Org Mini was how it was alomst a "How to become a Vigilante" Instruction book. It was great.
    The people that wrote Burn Notice for TV could have a lot of fun doing a Wild Dog series. I remember the mini but no longer own a copy. Makes me want to find a digital version.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

My copies are buried in my DC boxes. I need to re-read all of those stories, as it's been quite some time since I have done so. I do remember parts of it. I loved the build up.

The people that wrote Burn Notice for TV could have a lot of fun doing a Wild Dog series. I remember the mini but no longer own a copy. Makes me want to find a digital version.
    I admit I have not watched Burn Notice, but I will perhaps have to check it out. It would be cool to have a digital release, or for someone like me who doesn't do digital comics, a collected run of all of the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I admit I have not watched Burn Notice, but I will perhaps have to check it out. It would be cool to have a digital release, or for someone like me who doesn't do digital comics, a collected run of all of the stories.
    In a nutshell, Burn Notice was about a spy that for unknown reasons was black listed by the government so all of his money and assets were seized leaving him broke and alone in Miami. The episodes played out with a narrative education explaining how all the secretive tools of the spy trade were really used to accomplish a goal. As such the mention of the comic mini series as a how to be a vigilante guide really fit that kind of concept in my mind. It was a fun popcorn show with some spy geekery.

The old mini isn't that hard to get a hold of any more if you visit one of the better On line Comic book shops. A lot of those old Comics are actually pretty cheap. The Action Comics Weekly can be tough to get a hold of but that is because of them being actually rare.

In a nutshell, Burn Notice was about a spy that for unknown reasons was black listed by the government so all of his money and assets were seized leaving him broke and alone in Miami. The episodes played out with a narrative education explaining how all the secretive tools of the spy trade were really used to accomplish a goal. As such the mention of the comic mini series as a how to be a vigilante guide really fit that kind of concept in my mind. It was a fun popcorn show with some spy geekery.
    I see you read Ninjak. The plot for Burn Notice sounds almost like what's going on in that title right now. It's been a good story.

Back on topic though....thinking about what Flyattractor said....if Wild Dog got another series, it would be cool to use that idea of the series being a guide to becoming a vigilante.

Vigilante and Wild Dog...

Burn Notice is so good, I love that show. It's essentially a superhero/vigilante type show.

Has there been any news on the costume of Wild Dog for his upcoming appearance on Arrow?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Burn Notice is so good, I love that show. It's essentially a superhero/vigilante type show.

Has there been any news on the costume of Wild Dog for his upcoming appearance on Arrow?
    No, but I imagine it'll be pretty accurate given it's a very basic, practical, yet iconic look .