Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And a sixth ongoing Giant, they just haven't announced what it is yet.

They probably just mean the conclusion of the arc and Terrifics #4 will be in Superman Giant #4. If I had access to the issue I could confirm that as there'll be a next issue synopsis page. Can someone check please?
    The fact that they're adding Flash means that Justice League will have an open reprint slot. I'm very curious about what will replace it.

I'm not convinced that they're going to continue with Terrifics. I'm still surprised that they went with Rebirth titles in these reprints, and I'd expect them to give smaller "tastes" because those potentially still have sales the reprints might be cannibalizing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

They could run Cyborg, or move Green Lantern from the Superman Giant (that slot could in turn go to one of the Super family comics - New Super-Man, perhaps). Or maybe Justice League Dark?

They really don't care about cannibalised trade sales. If they did, Titan's UK mags in a similar format (example) wouldn't exist.

If someone has issue #3, and checks the next issue page at the end of the Terrifics story, we can confirm right now if Terrifics #4 will run in Superman Giant #4.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They could run Cyborg, or move Green Lantern from the Superman Giant (that slot could in turn go to one of the Super family comics - New Super-Man, perhaps). Or maybe Justice League Dark?

They really don't care about cannibalised trade sales. If they did, Titan's UK mags in a similar format (example) wouldn't exist.

If someone has issue #3, and checks the next issue page at the end of the Terrifics story, we can confirm right now if Terrifics #4 will run in Superman Giant #4.
    No, I'm talking about cannibalized floppy sales. These issues are still in some shops.

I'm hoping to get my copies of #3 after work today...fingers crossed!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

My money is on the sixth ongoing being WW.

This. One of the things that Apple started to understand in the second era of Jobs was that sales cannibalisation was only a bad thing if someone other than yourself did it.

Would DC prefer that all customers buy their most expensive issues? Sure? But books are largely sold on a reverse auction, and so are reprints. And it's arguably more important for DC to gain new customers than it is to get more money out of existing customers given the state of the market.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm not convinced that they're going to continue with Terrifics. I'm still surprised that they went with Rebirth titles in these reprints, and I'd expect them to give smaller "tastes" because those potentially still have sales the reprints might be cannibalizing.
    If they are smart-they WOULD.

Because here is your issue-Barnes & Nobles is running buy 2 DC trades and get a 3rd one free. For my birthday-I was going to try to take advantage of that by actually going to a store or pick up from store option.

One issue-Excluding Batman & his son Duke trade-the ones I wanted were NOT in the store. It was the same "entitlement" group whose books were there. You know Batman, Superman, Barry, Titans, Arrow, Harley, WW, Deathstroke, Aquaman & Justice League.

Who did I NOT mention? The franchise with the green ring guys. Superman's cousin. Superman & Batman's kids. That is a lot of folks MIA.
    So if these reprints could get interest in Terrifics enough to get it in place like Barnes & Nobles. So be it.

DC are not going to get new readers with the same little group every time. Batman and his friends GOT those who will buy that stuff already.
    DC has to get the person who reads Ms Marvel or Saga or Lion Forge or who LOVES guys who fit the ranges of Static, Jaime, Plastic Man and so on but can't find anything with them in it.

You got all these folks on tv shows-where are they in theses books? Now would be a GREAT time to run Shazam in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My money is on the sixth ongoing being WW.
    That seems really unlikely, to me, since she's already the headliner of JLA. But I guess we'll see! (My money is on Green Lantern or Aquaman, since they expanded from Flash)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That seems really unlikely, to me, since she's already the headliner of JLA. But I guess we'll see! (My money is on Green Lantern or Aquaman, since they expanded from Flash)
    On the other hand, from a marketing standpoint I'd say that Wonder Woman is the obvious path to go, given her current strong position in pop culture and that it'd open up the female market in a way that other superheroes don't. JLA still have the option to rotate between say Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, and possibly Mera.

Or as I believe I said earlier: make sure every issue has at least one adventure with a female lead or co-lead, and give Wonder Woman her own title. (Feel free to include a male-lead story in her title.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    This. One of the things that Apple started to understand in the second era of Jobs was that sales cannibalisation was only a bad thing if someone other than yourself did it.

Would DC prefer that all customers buy their most expensive issues? Sure? But books are largely sold on a reverse auction, and so are reprints. And it's arguably more important for DC to gain new customers than it is to get more money out of existing customers given the state of the market.
    Nothing is more important to DC at this point than expanding the audience, and so far, this seems to be working.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, about a zillion cancelled titles point to this probably not being the case.
    That is like saying evolution is a failure because all the species go extinct... all of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Even today, when I see a gas station, the first things that come to my mind are gas, candy bars, soda and comics.
    For so long of my life comics and gas stations were entwined together.

Now when I go into a gas station, it feels like something's missing.
    Especially if they have a strong 'convenience store smell' that harkens back to my youth.
    Same thing for subway stations

BANNED

seems to still be continuing and sales are strong

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    seems to still be continuing and sales are strong
    Yup. They loaded my Walmart with a TON of issue #3s. Also, the people doing the stocking (M. C. Holland or something - a vendor, doesn't work directly for Walmart) were really nice. Very positive experience, even though they were two weeks late stocking the Superman/JLA titles at the same time as the Batman ones.

BANNED

Anyone have any leads on getting these books?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Anyone have any leads on getting these books?
    If your Wal-Mart's don't stock them, eBay is the only official way I know. Hope the Batman Rammed prices will make the Wal-Mart comics more reasonable?