Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

yes..that was my thought when I saw how they were getting bought up and sold on E-Bay already!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You don't know that DC can't sell comics at Walmart.
    You don't know that they can.

They're frelling Wallmart. Good luck getting them to fill a pull list or not sell the books you ordered to somebody who came in earlier. Hell, good luck getting them to take individual orders.

I mean, with one issue out they have now already proven to be not very good at getting comics into the hands of readers.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Who in thier right mind, would pay scalpers for a cheap reprint comic, LMAO

With a 12 page story written for a mass audience? Its like clamoring for a Pizza Hut comic or a cereal box comic,

These are inconsequential!!! Written for 8-12 year olds. Come on people.
    It doesn't make sense at all. Hell, paying a scalper for any comic book is kind of stupid when you think about it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You don't know that they can.

They're frelling Wallmart. Good luck getting them to fill a pull list or not sell the books you ordered to somebody who came in earlier. Hell, good luck getting them to take individual orders.

I mean, with one issue out they have now already proven to be not very good at getting comics into the hands of readers.
    I didn't say that they could. You, on the other hand, said that they couldn't. So you and I are playing by different rules that you're making up and that favor you, because you don't want DC to switch to Walmart.

Walmart's website exists for a reason. I know about it because I've used it. Have you? In case you haven't, you can order things to be delivered to your home, or you can order things to pick up in the stores. I've done both.

This is not complicated for Walmart. It doesn't require them to do anything that's new or special or labor-intensive. The only question is, will comics sell at Walmart? We'll see.

If you want to hurt speculation, hording, and scalping, make the issues available on WalMart.com. Issues in stores will still exist for casual readers.

BANNED

This is what you can get from Walmart right now. Yes, you'll be able to get the new publications the same way.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_...uperman+comics

This is what you can get from Walmart right now. Yes, you'll be able to get the new publications the same way.

Your links says nothing is available.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Might be regional, I can see plenty at that link.

Oooh, lots of good stuff on there!
    WHO DAT?!!

BANNED

You have to look for Superman in the books section, not for Superman+comics.

Ultimate Member

That is correct with trades and yeah you can have them shipped to your local Wal-Mart.

HOWEVER you forgot a few things-

PRICE tends to vary between Wal-Mart.com and the store.

Not every book is from Wal-mart-some are from third parties-meaning you have a middle man to deal with before your book gets to you via Wal-Mart.com

AVAILABILITY- Are you going to ensure EVERY SINGLE DC book is there? You can't cherry pick-ALL of them have to be THERE. And this BS with folks who can't get books done on time (looking at you Gerard Way) WILL NOT CUT IT. Wal-Mart will not play that mess.

And you still got someone called AMAZON-who can beat Wal-mart.

The only question is, will comics sell at Walmart? We'll see.
    I have to say NO. It will be the same issue that some of the magazines have-good luck in finding the Wal-Mart that has it. Especially SPECIAL issues. I did not see the Time Life issue with Black Panther on the cover (well his actor) nor any Magazine that featured that movie. And that is when I learned Barnes & Nobles has a different set of prices for magazines.

BANNED

Walmart has succeeded by putting mom and pop stores and inefficient chains out of business. The more I look at the situation, the more the comics shops look like just more low-hanging fruit for them to eat.

Will they do it, or even attempt to? It'll be a few years before we know.

But don't dismiss the possibility. Everyone who has ever dismissed Walmart has been eaten. It's a formidable company.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-15-2018 at 11:38 AM.

BANNED

Walmart has succeeded by putting mom and pop stores and inefficient chains out of business.
    Why are you always taking the side of evil?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Walmart has succeeded by putting mom and pop stores and inefficient chains out of business. The more I look at the situation, the more the comics shops look like just more low-hanging fruit for them to eat.

Will they do it, or even attempt to? It'll be a few years before we know.

But don't dismiss the possibility. Everyone who has ever dismissed Walmart has been eaten. It's a formidable company.
    I think a big reason that what you are saying is utterly ridiculous is that LCS don't make enough money for Wal-Mart to want it. Plus...you keep repeating the same thing instead of responding to any objections.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think a big reason that what you are saying is utterly ridiculous is that LCS don't make enough money for Wal-Mart to want it. Plus...you keep repeating the same thing instead of responding to any objections.
    If he keeps saying it, it'll become true.

Walmart won't put comic shops out of business. No more than Walmart putting Gamestops out of business.

The important thing is that Walmart brings the industry to more potential readers than just the comic shops.
    And comic shops are still the prime location for back issues.
    But all those people who regularly go to comic shops have no real need for back issues, because they've either already got want they want or don't have a need for them. The only time back issues really move right now is when part of the current audience jumps onto a new book (and often leaves another book) because of a new title starting.
    Comic shops need people who haven't always been comic shop customers for those back issues to move.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.