Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Has anyone gotten the new Wal-Mart book yet?

I'm curious if that original story in it is any good and how closely it follows mainstream continuity. It supposedly came out today.
    Assassinate Putin!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Just got it. Going to post in the other thread once I've read it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I only bought the Superman Giant because it alone didn't contain any New 52 content. The Palmiotti/Derenick story is classic and iconic Superman, the kinds of stories I'd much rather see in the main books instead of Bendis' "take." There's a great selection of reprinted material (first issue of Public Enemies, pre-Flashpoint GL, and Terrifics) and the print quality is excellent. I'm not sure I understand why these books are only in the collector aisle of WalMart nor why New 52 material is being used when there's far superior Rebirth and pre-Flashpoint material available. Found a review on YouTube that I mostly agree with:

Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So the third store had it. The opening story was alright. It makes sense to have it as the first issue of an anthology based on Superman, at least. Really, Terrifics is the draw for me. Not nuts about the other stories.

Master Hero Vladimir

It's a pretty fun story. You shouldn't worry about keeping strict continuity with the main books. Just think of this book the same way you would think of a Mario spin-off.