Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Btw, did anyone catch the closet changing scene? That kid/intern walked by and rolled his eyes like "here we go again." Do he know Clark is Superman?
    I took it as the kid thinking clark was being weird. City folk get into all sorts of weird things.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not to put too much of a pin in it, and this isn't a direct reply to anyone, but I'd like to post a quick conversation between The Legion and Superman in Johns' Superman & The Legion of Superheroes. Action Comics vol 1 issue #859

Wildfire: So the vote was unanimous. No matter what happened, we couldn't bring you back here--'cause everyone knows you're the most important figure in intergalactic history.

Superman: Maybe I helped inspire the Legion, but beyond that--

Dawnstar: The United Planets grew out of the peace treaties you helped negotiate when Earth was made up of thousands of individual governments

That's verbatim from the issue. Dawnstar is literally talking about the 21st century. And we've seen that Bendis has been going through all of DC's history. It seems like he read that exchange and thought "why hasn't any writer ever picked up this thread?" And I have to agree. It's literally right there.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Super solid... Bendis keeps amazing me with his Superman.

Ivan Reis on art is always a pleasure to see, I hope he sticks around for a lengthy run (and that Jason Fabok is the fill-in artist when needed).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This was fantastic.

Ivan Reis is absolutely killing it.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

This is really a big and cosmic Superman. I didn't expect that from Man of Steel. This issue was more fun for me than the mini-series. I am just not that invested in Rogul as a villain. I also can't believe Kandor had to go! That feels like it will be reset someday or am I the only one who cares? The ending and the art are jaw-dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    This is really a big and cosmic Superman. I didn't expect that from Man of Steel. This issue was more fun for me than the mini-series. I am just not that invested in Rogul as a villain. I also can't believe Kandor had to go! That feels like it will be reset someday or am I the only one who cares? The ending and the art are jaw-dropping.
    It will absolutely get reset somewhere down the line, but it died Pre-Flashpoint with New Krypton, and I wasn't even sure it was still around in the new continuity. So I wasn't that broken up over it's loss.

I love how green Metropolis is. Bendis and his artistic collaborators are really making Metropolis look as unique as Gotham and they’re not making everything Art Deco to do it.

I’m with everybody on the United Planets thing, people are freaking out over Superman extending his reach or trying to control humanity or whatever, but Clark’s got a good head on his shoulders. The way Clark does things is gonna change and that’s exciting.

Incredible Member

I haven't read yet but... did they change paper?..... It feels cheap.....

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I haven't read yet but... did they change paper?..... It feels cheap.....
    They apparently changed it to match the Walmart books. I’m wondering how this will affect trades, as I use digital to try out stuff and buy trades physically.

I got this digital so I haven't seen the new paper yet. I was never really a big fan of the glossy though. My favorite paper was what they were using around the early aughts. I don't have many copies as this was during my comics sabbatical, but I do remember picking up a couple stray issues during the Loeb/McGuinness era, and I really liked the stock being used then. Might this be similar to that if anyone knows what I'm talking about?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I got this digital so I haven't seen the new paper yet. I was never really a big fan of the glossy though. My favorite paper was what they were using around the early aughts. I don't have many copies as this was during my comics sabbatical, but I do remember picking up a couple stray issues during the Loeb/McGuinness era, and I really liked the stock being used then. Might this be similar to that if anyone knows what I'm talking about?
    I find it weird that there’s such a thing as someone having a “favorite paper” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I love how green Metropolis is. Bendis and his artistic collaborators are really making Metropolis look as unique as Gotham and they’re not making everything Art Deco to do it.

I’m with everybody on the United Planets thing, people are freaking out over Superman extending his reach or trying to control humanity or whatever, but Clark’s got a good head on his shoulders. The way Clark does things is gonna change and that’s exciting.
    I need to go back and take another look at the architecture, because artists making Metropolis look bland and boring has been a pet peeve of mine for years. My favorite Metropolis is still the S:TAS one.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Speaking of Metropolis, that skyline as he flies up to meet the MM is glorious. Almost as glorious in its way as the fortress debut, which made me love a design I don't like.

I find it weird that there’s such a thing as someone having a “favorite paper” lol.
    I wouldn't find it weird but I'd be surprised if someone say, made no discernment between Showcase and omnibus pages. Or couldn't see how pages from 1985 and 1995 contrasted in how they wore the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Speaking of Metropolis, that skyline as he flies up to meet the MM is glorious. Almost as glorious in its way as the fortress debut, which made me love a design I don't like.

I wouldn't find it weird but I'd be surprised if someone say, made no discernment between Showcase and omnibus pages. Or couldn't see how pages from 1985 and 1995 contrasted in how they wore the art.
    Agree about the skyline. If Gotham is a place that everyone would avoid if it were real, Metropolis should be the place you want to live in. I’m excited to see how Gleason, Paquette, and Sook handle it.

It’s very easy to see the difference between 80’s, 90’s, to present day paper, even through an image. However, I would often see people complain about how the paper feels (especially during the “let’s all complain about Marvel era” of a few years ago) and I would just be like, “dude, it’s paper.” Is it weird that I don’t notice a difference?

Really? I think its a major, major part of the finished product. Types of paper used helps define the various ages, not to mention the practical application of how inks and colors adapt to said stock. Like a movie soundtrack its easy to take for granted, but I certainly don't find it weird to take it into account of the experience.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El