Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amazing Spider-Man #1 (legacy 802) Discussion and Spoilers

All I値l say is....... Thank god.

I loved this book. Felt like classic Spidey.

I値l not spoil anything just yet but damn. Spencer knocked this out of the park for me. Love Ryan痴 art also.

I知 smiling ear to ear.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    All I’ll say is....... Thank god.

I loved this book. Felt like classic Spidey.

I’ll not spoil anything just yet but damn. Spencer knocked this out of the park for me. Love Ryan’s art also.

I’m smiling ear to ear.
    I won't give things away either, but it seems that parker luck has been put back to normal in 2 ways. One, when everything else goes bad, Peter has one happy thing to cling to, and two, just when parker luck is about to break Peter, it suddenly throws him a lifeline.

BANNED

That was the most utterly bonkers book I've read all year.

Awesome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That was the most utterly bonkers book I've read all year.

Awesome.
    The only thing left to go back to basics is for Jameson to forget Peter's secret and go back to bashing Spider Man.

BANNED

He's back baby

The real deal, best Spider-Man I've read since 1997/98.

This better stick.

BANNED

The twist with the alien invasion makes perfect sense if you know a certain character's early history.

I thought the book was fantastic. Hit all the right notes, and came bearing gifts on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    A man instead of a manchild.
    THIS!

Here Spencer has Peter accept responsibility for a scandal and a problem that Slott just sort of handwaved. Writing characters out of character to serve his plots (I realize the irony of comparing Slott to Spencer in this way, but you can see how circumstances are different). Takes me back to the idea that this Peter still isn't the real original Peter. Didn't that one die in Ock's body post mind-swap? Seriously though, I hated Slott handwaving away his inconsistencies in this book.

The only thing left to go back to basics is for Jameson to forget Peter's secret and go back to bashing Spider Man.
    I actually like JJJ knowing. We can't wind everything back.

I won't give things away either, but it seems that parker luck has been put back to normal in 2 ways. One, when everything else goes bad, Peter has one happy thing to cling to, and two, just when parker luck is about to break Peter, it suddenly throws him a lifeline.
    Totally.

We also get Peter being a man and accepting responsibility.

It really felt like reading a an 80’s issue of Amazing with a modern paint job.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Totally.

We also get Peter being a man and accepting responsibility.

It really felt like reading a an 80’s issue of Amazing with a modern paint job.
    A man instead of a manchild. I also liked how Spidey was the one who saved the day despite the fact that there were other heroes around.

A man instead of a manchild. I also liked how Spidey was the one who saved the day despite the fact that there were other heroes around.
    Yeah man. I liked that too. Im really excited for this run. Nice to see Spidey kick ass. Loved the narration through out and the dream at the beginning.

BANNED

While I sort of expected this. Given what I have read from Mr. Spencer, both in terms of story telling and on line articles. I expected to see Peter written like a grown up.
    The first pages were really nice to see. I am also very heartened by the responses of seeing Peter written in character. I thought that for a long time I was the last of a dying breed......!