Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

At this point, Peter might as tell May the truth and reveal he's Spider-man considering he knows she can handle it from JMS run. But he rather have her feel ashamed of him.

So apparently pete AND randy know their new roomie is boomerang? Why is randy okay with this?!
    Other than that, i really don’t know how long i’m going to stick with the book. Pete is once again in perpetual “one step forward, two steps back”, like always, and after awhile, it gets tiresome.
    I’m not particularly interested in his reunion with mary jane either. Although i must admit, that last page has me intrigued a little....
    Last edited by protege; 07-11-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So apparently pete AND randy know their new roomie is boomerang? Why is randy okay with this?!
    he helps with the rent and they are going to need now

Holy %$$^&$ that was awesome.

That was the first Spider-man comic that felt like Spider-man in a long long time

And I'm not going to bitch about the renumbering if this is really the return of you know what if you read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Randy doesn't know. Pete does and he's keeping tabs on Boomie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I both like this issue and hated it. I wanted to slap people in this comic. Don't you talk like that to Peter, Aunt may. You have NO idea what hes been through. Ugh, all that was annoying. Seriously, explain to me why Parker hasn't quit being spiderman? No seriously, F the MCU. Let the people of this stupid universe suffer, they aren't worth saving. Ugh...I swear parker is a masochist. Now Batman I can see taking this abuse because hes totally a masochist. But Peter Parker?

That said, this is a return to old school parker luck. And its nice to have the hope that One more day might finally be ending. Even if that terrible story isn't retcon, at least the two idiots are finally getting back together again. Though I feel like strangling people in this comic.

Sigh, I'm not good with soap opera drama.
    I, uh...think it's ok to cut Aunt May some slack. Honestly.

From her perspective, she was right to express her disappointment.

And Peter isn't so thin-skinned that he can't take some real talk. Especially from the woman who raised him.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The fact that Fisk offered Spider-Man a key to the city at all, while coming down so harshly on other costumed heroes/vigilantes, was what drove the wedge between him and them. Most of them have no idea who he actually is behind that mask, whereas everyone else just about knows everything about each other, so Spider-Man getting praise from Fisk makes them more suspicious of him than they might've been already. That justification aside, they should at least know him well enough to know that he's not the kind of guy that would take a bribe or a job from Fisk, no matter how big or how lucrative.
    But guys like Cap, Daredevil, etc. have known him for years so they should know he isn't doing anything shady. Also, there's the fact he didn't even accept the key to the city, which they should also know about if they knew Fisk even offered him one. That's why it didn't make sense to me. I also didn't like how Fisk said the other heroes are the people who's admiration and respect Peter craves most. Other than maybe Cap, that's simply completely untrue. Those are just minor nitpicks though.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Just read through the thread. I'll have to wait for my copy but you guys make me want to scream. I want to read it noowwwwww.

Thanks to Hush for recommend me this, pretty solid begining, i wasn't a fan of Spencer's work on Captain America, but this looks solid, time would tell if is an actual improvement over the ladt run.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I, uh...think it's ok to cut Aunt May some slack. Honestly.

From her perspective, she was right to express her disappointment.

And Peter isn't so thin-skinned that he can't take some real talk. Especially from the woman who raised him.
    Oh that doesn't read that well. LOL I didn't want to slap Aunt May. I wanted to slap the superheros, Jonny Storm and Daredevil. Aren't they Peters friends? How can they distrust him so easily?

I kind of jump thoughts there.

Damn, Spencer came out of the gates guns blazing, basically blasting away (almost) the entire status quo that Slott left behind. I have an image in my head of Spencer maniacally cackling as he's typing up the story with one hand and flipping off a picture of Slott with the other.

I wasn't sure what to think when I opened to the first page and saw that Spencer's first order of business was to poke the OMD bear (which he did a couple more times throughout the issue, as well). But it all paid off with THAT ENDING. Holy balls.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 07-11-2018 at 07:04 PM.

it's a testament to the writing that I actually liked this issue. I'm not a fan of the first artist. but it was a fun read. I'm quite interested in what's next for Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Also, a question - who's the guy with Mysterio at the end? If we've seen him before, it's slipping my memory.
    That I'm still trying to figure out, my prediction is that it's The Other, since it was a big part of that Mysterio story, but I could also see it as being maybe one of the other Mysterios, maybe its Mephisto trying to get some power back after being kicked out of hell from Damnation (but that is less likely), or its probably just another demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The fact that Fisk offered Spider-Man a key to the city at all, while coming down so harshly on other costumed heroes/vigilantes, was what drove the wedge between him and them. Most of them have no idea who he actually is behind that mask, whereas everyone else just about knows everything about each other, so Spider-Man getting praise from Fisk makes them more suspicious of him than they might've been already. That justification aside, they should at least know him well enough to know that he's not the kind of guy that would take a bribe or a job from Fisk, no matter how big or how lucrative.
    I guess that makes sense, but when people like the Defenders and Human Torch, who do know who he is, are expressing their dislike, it feels to me like there's more that they're mad about than just that. Not a huge complaint, just a minor nitpick I wish they defined a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That I'm still trying to figure out, my prediction is that it's The Other, since it was a big part of that Mysterio story, but I could also see it as being maybe one of the other Mysterios, maybe its Mephisto trying to get some power back after being kicked out of hell from Damnation (but that is less likely), or its probably just another demon.

I guess that makes sense, but when people like the Defenders and Human Torch, who do know who he is, are expressing their dislike, it feels to me like there's more that they're mad about than just that. Not a huge complaint, just a minor nitpick I wish they defined a bit better.
    Whoever it is *coughscarecrowcough*, he apparently knows Peter's secret ID. Does this mean that Mysterio knows now, as well?
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 07-11-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Spencer, Ottley, Ramos and co killed it

For once I didn't mind paying over $4 for ASM
    We need better comics