Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Girls mini-series features team up between Mayday, Annie May and Anya

As part of the Spider-Geddon event there will be a three issue mini-series by Jody Houser and Andres Genolet teaming up the three Spider-Girls.

https://www.newsarama.com/40964-mayd...der-girls.html

The subtext is going to be interesting given the slight rivalries between fans who generally want something very similar (a strong, female lead with Spider-Man's powers.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

TFW you realize Jody Houser was setting up this mini in RYV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As part of the Spider-Geddon event there will be a three issue mini-series by Jody Houser and Andres Genolet teaming up the three Spider-Girls.

https://www.newsarama.com/40964-mayd...der-girls.html

The subtext is going to be interesting given the slight rivalries between fans who generally want something very similar (a strong, female lead with Spider-Man's powers.)
    Anya is such an odd girl out...could have done with another Spider-Daughter in there somehow to make up the trio so there's more thematic cohesion.

All of the yes. Just the fact that we get a mini dedicated to Mayday and Annie teaming up, this is a must buy for me.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Anya is such an odd girl out...could have done with another Spider-Daughter in there somehow to make up the trio so there's more thematic cohesion.
    I was thinking about that and I kinda wish they had brought in the May from the Earth X Universe that became Venom instead of Anya. I mean I like Anya especially from the new Spider-Man series on DisneyXD. Also each it'd be intereting to see the three compare how different their lives are as Annie has bother her parents, while the May from Earth X has her father while her mother has passed away, Mayday lost her father but still has her mother and a younger brother which neither of the other two have.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I was thinking about that and I kinda wish they had brought in the May from the Earth X Universe that became Venom instead of Anya. I mean I like Anya especially from the new Spider-Man series on DisneyXD. Also each it'd be intereting to see the three compare how different their lives are as Annie has bother her parents, while the May from Earth X has her father while her mother has passed away, Mayday lost her father but still has her mother and a younger brother which neither of the other two have.
    Probably the only thing that prevented them from doing that is that is the whole thing of symbiotes not being actual totems thus licking her out of the story. Though I am suddenly wondering why she wasn’t in Venomverse.

Hyped as hell, can't wait for this. Although I'd also have liked to see Venom Mayday included.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Probably the only thing that prevented them from doing that is that is the whole thing of symbiotes not being actual totems thus licking her out of the story. Though I am suddenly wondering why she wasn’t in Venomverse.
    I hate the "logic" behind that idea because many world have Venoms that are Peter Parker who already had his Spider-Powers before hand why wouldn't they go after him I mean they went after the Captain Universe Spider-Man and also the whole reason that May had control over the symbiote is that her powers that she inherited from her father had evolved to as way that she was able to control it similar to how Mayday and Annie both have unique powers of their own.

very nice. so will they be coming into the main universe full time? (has Anya returned?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very nice. so will they be coming into the main universe full time? (has Anya returned?)
    I doubt it. This is a Spidergeddon tie-in mini so chances are it'll just be like Scarlet Spiders back in Spider-Verse.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I hate the "logic" behind that idea because many world have Venoms that are Peter Parker who already had his Spider-Powers before hand why wouldn't they go after him I mean they went after the Captain Universe Spider-Man and also the whole reason that May had control over the symbiote is that her powers that she inherited from her father had evolved to as way that she was able to control it similar to how Mayday and Annie both have unique powers of their own.
    If I recall right, that "logic" was more along the lines of, "they had to draw the line somewhere."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    This is Anya's return. I'm sure Mayday and Annie will be back in their home universes afterwards.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    TFW you realize Jody Houser was setting up this mini in RYV.

I know people give this artist a lot of crap, but this page is beautiful. Especially Annie’s expressive face in panel 3. It shows how much pain and empathy she feels for her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Also each it'd be intereting to see the three compare how different their lives are as Annie has bother her parents, while the May from Earth X has her father while her mother has passed away, Mayday lost her father but still has her mother and a younger brother which neither of the other two have.
    The connexion is:
    -Annie: has both of her parents
    -May: lost her father
    -Anya: orphan

... this was intended to be funny, but came out depressing :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The connexion is:
    -Annie: has both of her parents
    -May: lost her father
    -Anya: orphan

... this was intended to be funny, but came out depressing :/
    I thought MC2 MJ was dead as well as Peter. Didn’t they both burn up?