Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It is. Nick Lowe confirms it in the editorial in the issue.
    Facepalm! Welp, I hope that Nick Lowe has a good handle on things, and can keep his artists happy, on schedule, healthy, and when they need a break or to leave, he gets new talent onboard, and doesn't take the X-Men Gold and Blue strategy of just signing artists for two issues. Double shipping is great for some writers, but it's murder on artists and fans who love artistic continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    At the very least, I'm just hopeful they keep the artist consistent for each arc, so since Ramos is doing #6, the start of the arc right after Back To Basics, I hope he stays for that story, and then after that they either go back to Ottley or decide someone else. Especially now that Ottley's first issue has been so well received, I feel like this isn't a one-arc-and-done deal.
    All the commentary about Ottley does seem like he's here for a while, so I hope we get at least two years (24 issues) from him, however they break up the schedulling.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I guess Nick wanted to have Peter earn the doctorate on his own merit.
    I hope he actually has Peter complete the doctorate. Peter should be allowed to reach his potential in at least some respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    I hope he actually has Peter complete the doctorate. Peter should be allowed to reach his potential in at least some respects.
    He doesn't technically need the degree to reach his potential. It's just a credential. He likely has the lion's share of the knowledge already.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Winslow View Post
    I was waiting, too.
    ha! hear that pav? we know your triggers
    troo fan or death

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    I agree, but honestly the doctorate is just a piece of paper. Peter is smarter than any real life PhD who ever lived already.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I agree, but honestly the doctorate is just a piece of paper. Peter is smarter than any real life PhD who ever lived already.
    Lol blackspidey2099, while I agree, his peers in the academic world don't know the full extent of his intellect.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Lol blackspidey2099, while I agree, his peers in the academic world don't know the full extent of his intellect.
    That's true. The only one who actually appreciates Peter's intelligence is Reed Richards (and, ironically, Doc Ock).
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Disappointing regarding the MJ stuff. Hope that doesn't last.

shrugs
    not disappointing to me
    I hope that it does last
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    It not a carrot or red herring this time. I don’t think it’s a full return to the marriage but they are back as a couple.

I agree
    some people have this all or nothing mentality
    just because Pete and MJ is back to being a couple doesn't mean that OMD resolved and/or the marriage will come back

As long as Joe Quesada is still at Marvel, I strongly doubt that OMD will be undone and the marriage will come back
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

It's been a long time since I've read a Spider-Man book that wasn't a spin off. I've been out of the loop for awhile so I have a question. Why is it the other hero seem to detest him now?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    It's been a long time since I've read a Spider-Man book that wasn't a spin off. I've been out of the loop for awhile so I have a question. Why is it the other hero seem to detest him now?
    Part of Kingpin's plot to divide the heroes. He gave Spider-Man the key to the city. The other heroes think he's Kingpin's pet now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I agree
    some people have this all or nothing mentality
    just because Pete and MJ is back to being a couple doesn't mean that OMD resolved and/or the marriage will come back
    I think OMD could well be resolved, but the marriage may not come back

But then, with RYV and/or the daily strip still around...it doesn't really need to, we still have it somewhere.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Part of Kingpin's plot to divide the heroes. He gave Spider-Man the key to the city. The other heroes think he's Kingpin's pet now.
    Spider-Man turned Kingpin down flat, but just the idea that Kingpin would even offer Spider-Man such a thing was enough to sour the other heroes on him, which was frankly stupid of them because they should know him better than that by now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I'm way too late on this, but what a great #1 issue this was! One of the best I can remember.

It's so good to have a Spider-Man who feels like the Spider-Man I grew up reading. In this case, the back to basics approach was a real (and necessary, imo) fresh start!

PS: I can't wait to see more of that new creepy villain.

I've been off and on the Spidey wagon for several years now. Checked out this thread and saw nothing but high praise, and decided to give this issue a chance. WOW that is how you do an issue #1! Bare minimum giving this first arc a go.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!