Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Anybody wonder who that hellish feller at the end was? He mentioned he knew Peter better than HE did, and we can assume he was introduced before Mysterio ended up in boot hill...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Anybody wonder who that hellish feller at the end was? He mentioned he knew Peter better than HE did, and we can assume he was introduced before Mysterio ended up in boot hill...
    He's new. I wondered myself whether I had just forgotten an earlier appearance by whoever it is but no, it's a new character.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man turned Kingpin down flat, but just the idea that Kingpin would even offer Spider-Man such a thing was enough to sour the other heroes on him, which was frankly stupid of them because they should know him better than that by now.
    I really love this concept. I want other heroes to distrust Spidey a little bit, and this is a credible reason to put some distance between him and the superhero community.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    He's new. I wondered myself whether I had just forgotten an earlier appearance by whoever it is but no, it's a new character.
    If he knows Peter, he's probably an old character in a new guise

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Maybe someone who died and blames Peter for it. He's literally been to hell and back.

Ned Leeds?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Maybe someone who died and blames Peter for it. He's literally been to hell and back.

Ned Leeds?
    Ned's running around in a cloned body right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Anything's possible. But, I have to say, some of the best twists and turns in comics came with nary a bit of hype. I still recall Colossus' return in Astonishing X-Men and the reveal of the Thunderbolts' true identities at the end of that debut issue as being among the best in the modern era.

It's also possible that Marvel is pulling back on the hype angle; there were a lot of hyped issues during the Slott era and maybe they are just trying another angle.
    I like it. I think serial storytelling is better served by giving out as little info as possible. When I read ASM #1, I should be thinking about ASM #2. Not ASM #10! It sucks a lot of the joy out of the experience to always be thinking ahead.

Ned's running around in a cloned body right now.
    Is he? I must have missed that. Was this in Clone Conspiracy?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Is he? I must have missed that. Was this in Clone Conspiracy?
    Check out the latest ASM Annual (I think it was #42 but I'm not sure).
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Check out the latest ASM Annual (I think it was #42 but I'm not sure).
    Thanks, will do!

Wow.

I dropped comics alltogether after ASM 801... truth be told I haven’t enjoyed the Spidey titles in years (except PPSSM) and felt it was time to walk away. I met Spencer at Montreal ComicCon last weekend and he told me some elements coming up in the book so I decided to buy his issue 1.

Wow, I feel like a friend I’ve missed for years has returned. I’m back collecting and look forward to reading “this” Spidey again.

Thanks Nick.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Wow.

I dropped comics alltogether after ASM 801... truth be told I haven’t enjoyed the Spidey titles in years (except PPSSM) and felt it was time to walk away. I met Spencer at Montreal ComicCon last weekend and he told me some elements coming up in the book so I decided to buy his issue 1.

Wow, I feel like a friend I’ve missed for years has returned. I’m back collecting and look forward to reading “this” Spidey again.

Thanks Nick.
    Jason, I had been feeling much the same.....only really enjoying a few Marvel titles (PP:SSM among them) for the better part of the last few years but this single issue brought me back in a big way. Glad you feel the same!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I really love this concept. I want other heroes to distrust Spidey a little bit, and this is a credible reason to put some distance between him and the superhero community.
    That's ok. I don't mind them distrusting him if it's set at the beginning of or otherwise earlier in his superhero career, when he was more of a loner and was strongly averse to joining teams because they'd ask for his real name at some point, but by now, when a lot of them do know his real name and have seen behind his mask, it's just stupid. Then again, I'd probably like it a lot better if it was some action by Spider-Man himself that he couldn't or wouldn't explain causing them to distrust him (again) as opposed to them falling for the Kingpin's B.S., because it makes them look like idiots and crappy friends.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Yeah, that could definitely be the case!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Sorry to be late, but this issue was stupendous. Mephisto's meddling is finally undone. It opened with a flashback to one of my favorite Spider-Man stories ever--the Matt Fraction penned annual set immediately prior to One More Day.