Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha understood. As I mentioned, I'm very much for the return, especially after seeing the scenes b/w Pete and MJ throughout the issue. However, will Marvel really go through with it? That's what I was getting at. Part of me feels that readers are going to be strung along, have their hopes high, only to have Pete and MJ have a "sorry, you know this won't work, right?" moment afterwards. There have been a lot of teases like this throughout the last 10 or so yrs..

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe the biggest swerve is the one the fans do see coming? Again, cautiously optimistic.
    There is still the part about Black Cat re entering Peter's life and leaving a mark. Perhaps Felicia wants another fling with Spidey. Maybe she will remember or relearn his secret identity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Wow, just wow! I'm really shocked by just how good this issue was. I seriously take back any doubt I had about Spencer.
    Until next time huh.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just read the CBR article and... damn, yes!

...don't you freaking play with us Marvel. This time it sticks, forever. There's no alternative which will ever be accepted by wide fandom and you know it. LET. IT. STICK.

My face hurts from grinning! That was a hell of a debut and the strongest first issue of a series that I've seen in ages. Here's hoping the team can build on this momentum, but I'm 100% onboard given the writing and art here.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

At this point I wonder exactly what type of job can Peter get at this point?

Like, he got exposed doctoring photos before so he can't return to photography. Parker Industries went belly up. Now he got exposed as a "plagiarist" so he can't exactly become a researcher anymore.

Maybe a Forensics Scientist like his MC2 counterpart?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I truly hope this sticks and we build from here! Probably the best Spider-Man comic in years!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just read the CBR article and... damn, yes!

...don't you freaking play with us Marvel. This time it sticks, forever. There's no alternative which will ever be accepted by wide fandom and you know it. LET. IT. STICK.
    Only way it will really stick is if the deal is broken, and that may be what this is all leading to. We've finally seen MJ's promise in OMD come to pass...despite all Mephisto/Slott did to them, their love did bring them back to each other.

BANNED

Spencer nailed it, completely and utterly.

It was really good, but at this point I'm expecting the rug to get pulled out from underneath me.

Amazing issue !

spoilers:
    The Peter and MJ scene
    end of spoilers really put a big smile on my face

That ending with spoilers:
    the Lizard
    end of spoilers also crack me up lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-11-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Mighty Member

MAH BOY SPIDEY IS FINALLY BACK!

Marvel has been KILLING it with these newer books! So excited for more of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    About Mysterio. If this is what I think it is, I would suggest reading Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man run. Particularly issues #11-13.
    Thank you I will check it out, I did some quick looking around the Marvel wiki for info on those issues, and spoilers:
    If that really is supposed to be The Other, that's an incredibly interesting re-addition and one I never expected.
    end of spoilers Very intrigued to see where that leads to.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Only way it will really stick is if the deal is broken, and that may be what this is all leading to. We've finally seen MJ's promise in OMD come to pass...despite all Mephisto/Slott did to them, their love did bring them back to each other.
    spoilers:
    I'm still not a hundred percent certain if anything will happen, but that "Something feels missing" panel that focuses on her bare hand is SO on the nose, its gotta be foreshadowing. But even if its not, it still gave me a laugh for going there.
    end of spoilers

I'm not trying to hear anything positive anymore in any context whatsoever about Superior Spider-Man/Octavious. Period.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    At this point I wonder exactly what type of job can Peter get at this point?

Like, he got exposed doctoring photos before so he can't return to photography. Parker Industries went belly up. Now he got exposed as a "plagiarist" so he can't exactly become a researcher anymore.

Maybe a Forensics Scientist like his MC2 counterpart?
    On the other hand, ESU is giving Peter another chance thankd to Connors

Incredible Member

Congrats on everyone enjoying the issue.

I haven't read it yet, but I have to wonder how much of the warm reception is based on the outcome with Mary Jane VS appreciation of the craft of the storytelling on display. Everyone is entitled to like whatever they want about it, but I'm hoping it's more to do with the latter. I grew up with Peter and Mary Jane, but I don't necessarily get excited about the idea of them being together.