Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I have a hard time placing what my top five would be, but I can say what my top choice is, and that probably has to be Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man from 2000 to 2011 (and even including the Miles Morales era from 2011 to 2015).

I feel the run is the most consistent in terms of quality and overall enjoyment, I love the combination of variety in terms of the storytelling, mixed in with all of the excellent intimate and character moments that make it shine. It reinvents all of the characters in such a perfect way, and all of the wonderful dynamics and developments that come from it. Bagley's art is also of course excellent, and even all of the follow-up artists, Immonen, Lafuente, Pichelli, and Marquez I thought were great too!

Plus as an added bonus, I think the run is the easiest for anybody to jump in and read, with the perfect pacing for the trades.
    Agreed! Bendis/Bagley were able to keep it going for the entire run, which is rare.

All-New Member

Default Favorite Spider-Man Run?

Mine is definetly the Ultimate Spider-Man run by Bendis, it was very consistent and the characters were all very well done.

JMS’ and Conway’s are my fav ASM runs.

Of other titles. The entirety of ultimate spider-Man.

PAD’s Friendly Neighbourhood,

JMD’s Spectacular.

That’s prob my top stuff.

BANNED

Too many great Spidey runs to pick a singe run as #1 but, outside of the Lee/Ditko/Romita Sr. runs, which exist in a class by themselves, I'd go with:

Conway/Andru

Wein/Andru

and DeFalco/Frenz as my sentimental faves.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NKino808 View Post
    Mine is definetly the Ultimate Spider-Man run by Bendis, it was very consistent and the characters were all very well done.
    I love Ultimate Spider-Man up until the end of the Clone Saga. After that, the Venom arc wasn't very fun, and Ultimatum screwed up everything after that.

It's a curse. My other favorite run is JMS. And that has a crummy ending, too. (I just imagine it ends before Civil War. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since I haven't read the modern ones, from my childhood it's Web of Spider-Man drawn by Alex Saviuk. I don't know if the story's good or not by any standard but I really like the art.
    bab2e9c9ba2402645c06ea8058822921._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-11-2018 at 06:44 AM.

My Top 5:

Lee/Ditko
    Lee/Romita
    Stern/Romita Jr
    JM Dematteis/Buscema (on Spec)
    Defalco/Frenz

After that, it's probably Conway/Andru, Peter David's Spec run and Slott.

Astonishing Member

Lee/Ditko top.

Slott, JMS, Conway and BMB.

Quote Originally Posted by NKino808 View Post
    That's my favorite too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)