Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where does Rogue One rank?

I absolutely love Rogue One but I think it got lost in the shuffle when the rest of the new films came out. But I appreciate it so much more after all the hype for the new batch of Star Wars movies died down a bit. I still like The Force Awakens but I don’t think it has aged well as it is kind of just a retelling of A New Hope. Solo was good but not amazing. And The Last Jedi was polarizing to say the least.

Rogue One was such a well made film with truly compelling characters. I personally would put it as the third or fourth best Star War movie. Of course that’s just my opinion. I recall Kevin Smith stating it was his third favorite Star Wars movie after Empire and A New Hope.

It's my second favorite Star Wars movie, episode 4 being the first.

That's everything i love about Star Wars, people fighting against an oppressive regime, x-wings, an asthmatic serial killer, evil people with an English accent (as it should be), what's not to love?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's my personal fav of the four Disney films to date, specially since it proved you can do a Star Wars movie in a specific time and arena which doesn't have to be about the Jedi and the Skywalker clan (with Solo furthering that by not being about Rebels vs Empire). Plus pretty much all the cast are interesting and likable (Jyn, K-2SO and Chirrut especially for me).

Spectacular Member

Personally, it's my favorite. More objectively, I'd probably put it after the original trilogy. But to me, the original trilogy, while I do like, but it's more i just appreciate, whereas I find Rogue One to be more enjoyable personally (despite it's flaws).

BANNED

Top 5, sometimes top 3, depending on my mood.

iMan 42s

It's in my top 5. It's very well done.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It's somewhere in the middle for me.

It never managed to suck me in like some of the other Star Wars movies, but the battle at the end gave everything I could ever want from a sci-fi battle.

Plus the Vader scene at the end is a top 3 star wars moment.

Out of the movies, I think along with Yavin and Endor it's got one of the best space battles of the series, and certainly the best one in the Disney films. Naboo was just kind of goofy, Coruscant too crowded and despite some cool moments TLJ's was just kind of too short and not really that great at tactics. AOTC and Solo's space battles are pretty much just too dependent on the ESB asteroid chase. Heck, Solo even uses the exact same music!

Plus Vader and Tarkin's inclusion makes a lot of sense, unlike Maul's which felt tacked-on.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I rank it above Return of the Jedi but below ANH and Empire. Better than the prequels and Force Awakens. Not sure if I'd rank it above or below Last Jedi.

If it's opening half hour was less choppy Rogue 1 might have been my favorite movie in the franchise. But the opening act really could have been better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Heck, Solo even uses the exact same music!
    The track on the score is actually called "Reminiscence Therapy".

After the prequels. Before the sequels.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'd probably rank it 5th after the Original Trilogy and Solo. (Although it's almost tied for 4th place) Rogue One was without a doubt the most visually stunning of the new Disney stuff. (TLJ has some good set pieces, but overall I'd say that Rogue One was more consistently spectacular, whether it be action scenes or just establishing shots of the planets, etc.) I also really enjoyed K-2SO and Jyn Erso as characters.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Rts
    rtj
    esb
    ac
    anh
    r1
    solo
    cw
    tlj
    tfa

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's my absolute favorite Star Wars movie. I put it above all the other movies.

Tied for 3rd or 4th for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.