The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman in the 30th Century

Hearing the United Planets in Superman made me wonder. What is Wonder Woman's place in the 30th Century? Chiefly thanks to the Legion of Super-Heroes association with Superman hardly any other hero gets mentioned even Batman. Which brings me to the topic at hand what would Wonder Woman's place and legacy as well as the place and legacy of all her supporting characters and villains; Hippolyta, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Veronica Cale, Doctor Poison, Doctor Psycho, etc. in the 30th Century look like? Any thoughts on this? Well if they have been mentioned at all in the future before now.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-11-2018 at 03:38 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It came up in Wonder Womans golden age over a decade before the Legion of Superheroes was a thing. It established that Etta Candy would go on to find a way to reverse engineer the fountain of youth used by the Amazons to grant anyone who takes it eternal youth. Thus everyone of Wonder Womans supporting Cast was still around by the year 3000.

With Etta Candy being the dean of the Wonder Woman college, Steve being the head of the secret service, Philip Darnell being in charge of the US police (which replaced the military) with Diana Prince going from working for the US Police to later becoming president, with Etta Candy being her vice president.

She was so popular that congress unanimously voted to abolish term limits.

We also get a cut to the year 5000 where we are told that war on Earth was finally abolished in the year 4500 and in this future the United Nations has become the ruling body of Earth, with the nations that were once members of the institution now serving as governors of their respective states. Steve was still in charge of the secret service. With Etta still serving as Dianas second in command. Also a reformed Paula Von Gunther was the president of the world.
    With throw away lines mentioning the looming threat that Mars posed to freedom (that darn red state planet!) And talks with the empire of Saturn in their efforts for universal peace.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hearing the United Planets in Superman made me wonder. What is Wonder Woman's place in the 30th Century? Chiefly thanks to the Legion of Super-Heroes association with Superman hardly any other hero gets mentioned even Batman. Which brings me to the topic at hand what would Wonder Woman's place and legacy as well as the place and legacy of all her supporting characters and villains; Hippolyta, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Veronica Cale, Doctor Poison, Doctor Psycho, etc. in the 30th Century look like? Any thoughts on this? Well if they have been mentioned at all in the future before now.
    I've always wondered this as well. Aside from DC One Million, I do not recall any mention of Wonder Woman or legacy in the far flung future. Which is a shame. One would imagine an immortal paradise and its inhabitants would still exist in the 30th century or have a representative in the Legion.

The only two hero legacies that have made it into the Legion were The Flash with XS (as well as Tornado Twins and Impulse) and Green Lantern (with Sodam Yat).

I asked Phil Jimenez about this before. He has some ideas about bringing the Amazons/Wonder Woman to the 30th Century. DC never wanted to hear about it.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I asked Phil Jimenez about this before. He has some ideas about bringing the Amazons/Wonder Woman to the 30th Century. DC never wanted to hear about it.
    I was just about to reply with the same thing (except I didn't do the asking.) I'd love to hear what he pitched sometime.

Incredible Member

Is this related to the Justice League 3000 series?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Is this related to the Justice League 3000 series?
    Wow, I completely forgot about that series/blip.