neokid2416

Default The ending result

Hi guys,

We all know Batman is the hero. But how about his life, will he have a wife and so many childrens?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neokid2416 View Post
    Hi guys,

We all know Batman is the hero. But how about his life, will he have a wife and so many childrens?
    He already has many children and I'm sure someday he might get married but even if he doesn't that's fine. He doesn't need a wife for his story to progress.

He doesn't need all those to function as a hero and he can still fiction as a hero with all of those s it's not really a huge a deal as some fans make it. The problem is claiming that he's not happy because he happens to be single.

It depends on which Earth he's on regarding marriage/offspring.
    The original, Golden Age version was at one point (in the Silver/Bronze Age) married to Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and had a daughter, Helena Wayne (the pre-Helena Bertinelli Huntress), a concept that was echoed in the New52's Earth 2 series.

(Oh, and "children" is already plural; it doesn't need an added "s".)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman Beyond was marketed as the canon future in New 52, though I don't know if that's still the case in Rebirth

The Batman Beyond animated series probably had the most honest depiction of how Bruce would end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The Batman Beyond animated series probably had the most honest depiction of how Bruce would end up.
    Nah, probably closer to Kingdom Come I imagine. They may have a tiff every now and then, but Clark, Diana, and other hero friends will always check up on him (I blame Starro controlling Clark for years for part of why Bruce was so alone), plus comics Bruce never pissed off Dick permanently by dating Barbara, Barbara will never be an angry ex because they'll never date, Tim isn't tortured by the Joker, and Damian exists, along with a dozen other characters under the Bat brand. So Bruce wouldn't wind up some dude who is never visited by kids and grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman Beyond was marketed as the canon future in New 52, though I don't know if that's still the case in Rebirth
    Damian taking over the League of Shadows/Assassins (can never remember which), when he constantly rejects that path? Not to mention at least a couple of futures state that Damian took up the mantle of Batman at one point or another outside of Batman Beyond. And can't forget; Jon Kent is Damian's (only/best) friend.

Hi guys,

He will die a bitter old man. His children dead because of his WAR ON CRIME!!!

My "ideal/iconic" ending for Bruce is an early grave. I prefer the stories where Batman dies young. I tend to lean towards the idea of Batman being taken down by a random criminal and not one of his big bad foes. I like the parallels to his origin and it feels like it folds nicely with the core themes of the brand.

So that's my take on Bruce's end. No happy ending. No long life where he gets to see the fruits of his labor.

I'm not one of those "no hero can be happy" people, but I do believe that Batman can't/shouldn't be happy. Or, at least not for more than fleeting moments.

If he does live a long life then I see him going down the Kingdom Come/Beyond route; mostly alone, having driven off the majority of his friends and family, waging his war on crime with totalitarian law in Gotham and swarms of Bat-robots.

It's not a terribly heroic end, but as he said; "you either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I don't believe that Bruce Wayne's story has a happy ending. Never have.

Now, Dick Grayson on the other hand? That's a dude with a beautiful life in front him, I think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would combine Dark Knight Returns with Batman Beyond: Batman kills Joker with a gun, gives up being the vigilante and pushes all those he cares away from him and lives alone. I would also have Terry meet Bruce through Carrie.

Hi guys,

Bruce will never be allowed to be happy, married or have a child that will carry on the Batman legacy. Batman Beyond proves the third, issue 50 proves the second, and just about everything else proves the first.

I firmly believe that there is an "Official writing guide" at DC with page one, rule one reading: Batman/Bruce Wayne is NEVER allowed to be happy.