Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It's fiction, all conflict is created by the writer, and the conflict for Aneka and Ayo was perfectly reasonable. They both agreed to become Dora Milaje, and in the process, to make themselves available as wives in the event that the Black Panther chose one of them. Then the two of them fell in love. Ayo wanted to pursue a relationship, Aneka felt it was inappropriate, and it created conflict between them. Eventually, Aneka decided she wanted to be with Ayo, and the two began a relationship, which was encouraged by their superior, who presumably knew the odds were against T'Challa choosing to marry either of them anyway. Had he chosen to marry one of them, there would've been another conflict, but as it happened, they both got fed up with some of the things that were happening in Wakanda and chose to instead leave Black Panther's service. And some other Dora Milaje went with them.

I'm not sure what's especially "artificial" about the conflict. What, are Dora Milaje not allowed to have emotions? They're not supposed to be actual people, just accessories for the Black Panther? Because I actually kinda figure that a Dora Milaje falling in love with someone else and being torn between her heart and her duty is a pretty reasonable conflict. From a logical standpoint, it's probably something that's happened a whole lot through Wakanda's history. In fact, Dora Milaje falling in love with each other is probably pretty common in Wakandan history.

So I really don't get your complaint about them.
    Artificial is when T'Challa wasn't really into the idea of marrying any member of the Dora Milaje and only went along with it because it kept Wakanda from falling into coflict with other African tribes and nations.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Between T'Challa being given 16 year old wives in training, and a 17 year old T'Challa scoring with a 12 year old Storm back in Eric Dickeys horrid Storm story, a lot of unecessariy stuff with minors was thrown in the BP mythos back in the day. I know some people are cooler with age of consent laws than others... but I think just not going there in the first place is probably the safer way to go. Hopefully under the Disney banner that sort of thing will be avoided in the future.
    thank the goddess dickeys story was retconned back to their original encounter.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Storm was twelve when she 'scored' with T'Challa I knew it happened at an early age but I didn't think Marvel was crazy enough to do something like that. Dickey must have been taking too many Grant Morrison pills. I think we can assured that Marvel will not do anything like that anymore.
    it was retconned boo it never happened:
    amazing xmen annual had ororo recount their original encounter as Claremont wrote it were they were friends and there was underage sex.

that Dickey story is nothing but awful fanfic it's not worth even mentioning.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If I was to write a BP story I would pick up right at the point of when they were married. Tchalla and Oroto would work together to really be the embodiment of mutant/human relations at its finest. Ororo as queen would create an organization whose main mission is to work to fight against discrimination that mutants, as well as people of color who are mutant and human alike, experience across the world by setting up establishments that provide community safe havens for mutants and taught these communities about tolerance and what mutants truly are. These establishments would work as museums to that would teach about mutant struggles and the struggles POC historically and presently experience. In addition to that Ororo as queen would work a team of wakandas top scientists to create an initiative to end all diseases that were plaguing africa, as well as end the cruel poaching of animals and the pillaging of African resources to help the very rich. Tchalla would still perform his duties as king and hold the black panther title. I would have him retain the shadow physics and further explore what and how it could help with improving the current technologies they have as well as the necessity to rely on vibranium in the event it was compromised. Shuri I would leave as a mystic as Coates wrote her. I like tchalla as the brain and shuri as his mystic who can give him knowledge of the old ways he may be unfamiliar with. Tchalla and Ororo as king and queen of wakanda would be obvious protectors of wakamda but as tchalla would discover his wife to be an actual goddess, they would be recognized within the MU as the protectors of the planet. Their marriage would never be annulled as tchalla would be very transparent with his wife. Any problems they encounter they tackle it head on as a couple discussing solutions that makes most sense and never putting anyone or anything before one another.

This can still happen. coates is setting the path for a true reconciliation. this I believe.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post

How about this Mr. M!

My first BP story arc:

Thanos is chillin' with his gal Death. He is in possession of the infinity stones and is still upset that no matter how powerful he gets, earth hero's always spoil his plan. Death suggests that that he uses one of the stones and make all the heroes into villains, and also use a stone to bring all the dead villains back to life. With a flicker of a thought, he makes it all happen!

Unfortunately, Thanos does not concentrate enough and accidentally brings back all the villains, but also brings back all the dead heroes. All the now evil heroes began to terrorize the entire planet, and subject the normal humans to prison and labor camps, and some of the worst atrocities are carried out by former heroes. As an example, Puck (from the Alpha Flight comics), punishes everyone that made fun of his short stature as a child by putting them in a camp where an evil Doctor (Pym), removes their femurs to make them all short too.

Fortunately, T'Challa had a Thanos contingency plan and blocked out the whole of Africa from any Infinity gem manipulations. He forms a team (with the help of Brother Voodoo, who helps select heroes revert back to regular heroes by "wiping their soul clean of any impurities"), to form a team of Black Avengers to tackle and defeat all the villains running amok, and all the heroes that are now turned into villains. T'Challa's team consists of:

Luke Cage
    Storm
    The Prowler
    Brother Voodoo
    Bishop
    Deathlok
    Spectrum
    Isaiah Bradly
    Black Goliath
    and lastly
    Captain South Africa! Who is a recently discovered mutant; Siyabulela Mandela (the grandson of Nelson), who not only has super strength, but can freeze time for a few moments with great strain, and also absorb other beings energy for a brief moment.

The new team travels to Canada first, and takes out the now evil Alpha Flight. Then onto Russia, England, and other European countries to take out random evil heroes and villainous squads harming the normal citizens.

Lastly they challenge all the Earth's "mightiest heroes" in America, but tricks them to come to the outskirts of Wakanda for the final show down!

After defeating several smaller teams and individual heroes, T'Challa and the Black Avengers await the team of of the Ultimate Avengers (this is a team made up of every Avenger who has ever been an Avenger, except now they are all evil. T'Challa's Black Avengers not included of course). The battle is harder than T'Challa expected!

The Evil Avengers now include former Villains like Killmonger (who was brought back to life), and even the super powerful Silver Surfer (who had joined the Avengers only moments before Thanos had used his power to make all the Earth heroes villains).

But! T'Challa, has a plan. Several of his teammates are killed in the initial battle (Prowler, Black Goliath..again, and Spectrum), so T'Challa resorts to using a power that was never even mentioned in his canon before; the "Eye of Bast". The eye of Bast is a gem stone (like the infinity stones) actually made out of the God Bast's eye. It was formed when she defeated many of the other Egyptian Gods in combat many 1000's of years ago. She drew all their power into her left eye, then clawed out her own eye to prevent them from getting their powers back.

Using the eye of Bast, T'Challa aims it at one of the Evil Avengers most powerful members; the Silver Surfer. The eye draws all power out of him and T'Challa has only moments to discard the gem now that it is filled with the power cosmic. Before he can discard it, Captain South Africa realizes the danger that T'Challa has put himself into; not realizing that T'Challa has a plan for everything, he absorbs the energy and is instantly transformed into a new hero; "Ebony Surfer"! He now has the power cosmic along with his own mutant powers.

Ebony Surfer takes on the most powerful Evil Avengers; Thor, Iron Man, Vision, etc. While the new Surfer takes out the big guns, T'Challa and the remainder of his team make short work of the Evil Fantastic Four who show up to help the Evil Avengers.

Sadly though, with the help of the now evil Dr. Strange and the evil hero Cloak; Killmonger transports instantly behind Storm! T'Challa smells him behind him and turns to see him with his arms around Storms head; in the blink of an eye without any preamble, Killmonger snaps her neck killing her instantly! T'Challa cries out; Noooooooo, but no one hears his scream because the scream of "Butterkisses" drowns out all sounds on the planet, (and even pops a few ear drums). LOL

T'Challa races towards Killmonger meaning to do bad things to him, but the evil Dr. Strange has one more trick up his sleeve; and zaps Ebony Surfer into another dimension before he dies. Ebony Surfer realizes what is happening to him, and transfer his powers to T'Challa (being the only hero he deems worthy of such power). T'Challa is stunned for a second and Killmonger laughs thinking that he is scared of him. Killmonger charges BP!! T'Challa, in the blink of a mili-Second, grasps Killmonger around the throat with one hand.

T'Challa: "You've won for the last time".

Killmonger: "I will always win in the en...URRKKK"!

T'Challa pops his head from his neck!!!!

T'Challa: "Not this time Bitch"!

Crackling with the power of Bast, Ebony Surfer, and his own awesome powers; he defeats the rest of the evil ex-heroes. He then takes one last look at Strom's dead body, and in a blink transports himself to be standing directly in front of Thanos and his lady Death. T'Challa grabs Death around the waist and pulls her close and give her a big tongue kiss. Thanos is enraged, but before he can act, T'Challa shoves Death away and using all his new power, and his Vibranium claws, buries his hand in Thanos' chest. Thanos looks down shocked as he see's T'Challa rip his still beating black heart from his chest. T'Challa holds the heart in front of Thanos' face. With his dying breath, Thanos says; "Impossible"! T'Challa (without his face mask) looks him in the eye and he takes a huge bite of the still beating heart and says; "Nothing is impossible monster, for the King of Wakanda"!!!!

Fast forward 3 month's on Earth. All the Heroes and villains that are still alive are back to normal now (now that BP has all that power plus the infinity gems).

M'Baku travels down off his mountain to complain to T'Challa that he was not invited to be one the original Black Avengers:

M'Baku: "How dare you not seek out the help of the most deserving and most rightful ruler of Wakanda; the "Man-Ape"!

T'Challa looks at him and smacks the taste out of his mouth!!!!!!!!

Standing over the downed M'Baku (ala, Ali vs Frazier), T'Challa glares down at him.

T'Challa: "There are Men. There are Apes. There are never both"!

Fade to black; end of my first Black Panther arc! LOL
    how dare you lolololol

what blasphemy is this?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was retconned boo it never happened:
    amazing xmen annual had ororo recount their original encounter as Claremont wrote it were they were friends and there was underage sex.

that Dickey story is nothing but awful fanfic it's not worth even mentioning.
    Nice to know that and I'm a guy.

Nice to know that and I'm a guy.
    yup its toast never happened it's best to act as if it never happenrd.

and good to know

yup its toast never happened it's best to act as if it never happenrd.

and good to know
    Yeah but that page looks like it's the same as the Dickey story what's the difference?

Restore the T'Challa/Storm marriage. Do some fun stories about Azari, their future son from Next Avengers. Restore the pre-synergy looks of Okoye, Nakia, and the Dora Milaje. Make sure they don't synergize Shuri. Do adventure stories that take T'Challa outside of his element and allows himself to use his vast intelligence like in some of the old Kirby stuff. Also, show him balance ruling Wakanda with being an Avenger and going on his own adventures all over the world.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 07-12-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Artificial is when T'Challa wasn't really into the idea of marrying any member of the Dora Milaje and only went along with it because it kept Wakanda from falling into coflict with other African tribes and nations.
    So . . . T'Challa should've wanted to marry one? Or is it the Dora Milaje as a whole that you think shouldn't exist? The fact that you specifically noted two of the Dora Milaje made me think it was just those two you had a problem with. Honestly, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the Dora Milaje as a concept. There is, in fact, a real-world parallel that they were likely based on - an all-female regiment from Dahomey, as mentioned in this article (and many others). The idea of T'Challa going along with it out of tradition is also pretty expected.

Again, it all seems totally reasonable to me, not particularly artificial.

Yeah but that page looks like it's the same as the Dickey story what's the difference?
    when Claremont originally wrote them ororo was the one who saved tchallas life when he was being attacked by multiple assailants:

in dickeys craptastic version, to not make him look like a chump they changed it to him saving her life, because you know a woman always needs a man to save her (no matter if it changed who her character fundamentally had been defined as since her inception in 1975):

since the amazing xmen annual I posted aligns to the original story where ororo saved tchalla life, and not the way dickey described which was the opposite, their first encounter was THANKFULLY retconned back to what it originally was.

did this answer your question?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Restore the T'Challa/Storm marriage. Do some fun stories about Azari, their future son from Next Avengers. Restore the pre-synergy looks of Okoye, Nakia, and the Dora Milaje. Make sure they don't synergies Shuri. Do adventure stories that take T'Challa outside of his element and allows himself to use his vast intelligence like in some of the old Kirby stuff. Also, show him balance ruling Wakanda with being an Avenger and going on his own adventures all over the world.
    I love it!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So . . . T'Challa should've wanted to marry one? Or is it the Dora Milaje as a whole that you think shouldn't exist? The fact that you specifically noted two of the Dora Milaje made me think it was just those two you had a problem with. Honestly, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the Dora Milaje as a concept. There is, in fact, a real-world parallel that they were likely based on - an all-female regiment from Dahomey, as mentioned in this article (and many others). The idea of T'Challa going along with it out of tradition is also pretty expected.

Again, it all seems totally reasonable to me, not particularly artificial.
    Never you mind.

when Claremont originally wrote then ororo was the one who saved tchallas life when he was being attacked by multiple assailants:

in dickeys craptastic version, to not make him look like a chump they changed it to him saving her life, because you know a woman always needs a man to save her:

since the amazing xmen annual I posted aligns to the original story where ororo saved tchalla life, and not the way dickey described which was the opposite, their first encounter was retconned back to what it originally was.

did this answer your question?
    Yes it does sufficiently.

Yes it does sufficiently.
    cool!
    10char