Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

For a fan of Kirby, Hudlin completely botched that interaction. Not a single bit of it made any sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh her. lololol. I'm not seeing her being much of a threat
    Honestly I don't see her as much of a threat either.

She claims she has weapons that can drain her power... which implies some level of technology. But I don't know if that wasn't just her talking smack.

I guess she COULD be a viable threat if they gave her more of an upgrade as far as her nations tech and armies go.

She had respectable weapons, tech, and goons in Kirby's run.

The issue is that she hasn't been written since and therefore never got a modern interpretation/update.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    For a fan of Kirby, Hudlin completely botched that interaction. Not a single bit of it made any sense.
    Priest probably didn't do her any favors either.

zandacoa-working-for-kcf.jpg

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Honestly I don't see her as much of a threat either.

She claims she has weapons that can drain her power... which implies some level of technology. But I don't know if that wasn't just her talking smack.

I guess she COULD be a viable threat if they gave her more of an upgrade as far as her nations tech and armies go.
    omg that picture confirms why I dont think she is a threat and has me screaming lololololol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    That's nice.

Funny how the X-office were so quick to literally throw Storm under Wolverine in the aftermath of AvX only to turn around and "acknowledge" T'challa in the wake of the Black Panther movie's domination of the global box office.
    Funny how a billion dollar box office will do that.

Suddenly the shade fest of "bad husband" or "what did you see in that man" stops.

Yeah, IDK how either of them read Kirby's run and went with "Zanda is a generic poor black chick"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Suddenly the shade fest of "bad husband" or "what did you see in that man" stops.
    it didnt stop. there are still storm fans who call him a bad husband as there are bp fans who still say she wasnt good for him. its just some of have moved beyond the avx stuff while others cannot seem to let it go. and for the record, this storm can could care less about the success of tchalla and his movie. I was shopping for these two before there was even a thing called MCU.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here's what I want to know...

Say you are hired to write BLACK PANTHER. To sweeten the deal, Marvel agrees to let T'Challa & Storm reunite. Furthermore, the X-office agrees to give you full control of her character for the next five years. No crossovers, no UST with one mutant or another. She's all yours.

However... you were hired to write BLACK PANTHER. It's a solo book, and the new editor expects at LEAST 70% of the main plots to be about T'Challa himself, not his supporting cast.

What will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Here's what I want to know...

Say you are hired to write BLACK PANTHER. To sweeten the deal, Marvel agrees to let T'Challa & Storm reunite. Furthermore, the X-office agrees to give you full control of her character for the next five years. No crossovers, no UST with one mutant or another. She's all yours.

However... you were hired to write BLACK PANTHER. It's a solo book, and the new editor expects at LEAST 70% of the main plots to be about T'Challa himself, not his supporting cast.

What will you do?
    I guess you are writing to me. I would write it as I mentioned a couple of pages back. Tchalla would hold his title as the BP and king. These stories would center heavily around this. Ororo would do things that I mentioned as his wife addressing issues that impact people of color, women, mutants, etc, as well as work to stop poaching and hate pillaging of africa and work to find cures for diseases plaguing Africa. As the Hadari Yao, her worshippers would look to her much as her Kenyan followers looked to her to help when certain crisis happened. This way all of the action and the fighting and heroics can and would focus heavily on him, with Ororo occasionally using her muscle Tchalla needs help from the Hadari Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Very good point. She got with Wolverine quick. Also Carol was asking her in CWII how she could marry a man like T'Challa.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The way you are describing it, the thrust of your run is what Storm does, who Storm helps, and so forth.

Your editor (a real hard-nosed SOB named "B.R. O'Gaic" ) wants T'Challa stories. Now what?

Ultimate Member

I guess you are writing to me. I would write it as I mentioned a couple of pages back. Tchalla would hold his title as the BP and king. These stories would center heavily around this. Ororo would do things that I mentioned as his wife addressing issues that impact people of color, women, mutants, etc, as well as work to stop poaching and hate pillaging of africa and work to find cures for diseases plaguing Africa. As the Hadari Yao, her worshippers would look to her much as her Kenyan followers looked to her to help when certain crisis happened. This way all of the action and the fighting and heroics can and would focus heavily on him, with Ororo occasionally using her muscle Tchalla needs help from the Hadari Yao.
    I can agree with that. In other words it sounds like an A & B story series. Sort like we use to see in Cap America with Falcon. Cap has the A part and Falcon had the B part.

BANNED

It really pains me to say this moreso for the fact that I genuinely like you but here's the thing.

Anything that takes away from T'challa and Wakanda being adherents to Bast, is totally unacceptable to me as a long term BP enthusiast.

Wakandans praying to Storm is nothing more than the rawest of blasphemies as regards all aspects of the BP Mythos.

T'challa should be the master of his own destiny is his damn book and not have to share space with a character hailing from a branch of Marvel Comics that's been incredibly hostile to the Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The way you are describing it, the thrust of your run is what Storm does, who Storm helps, and so forth.

Your editor (a real hard-nosed SOB named "B.R. O'Gaic" ) wants T'Challa stories. Now what?
    Well in that case I would do what Erik Larson did with Savage Dragon-do back ups. Panther is still the main story but your back ups show all of that.

Some stories she will be a big part and others not. Yet your 4-5 pages of backup still shows her. And eventually throw all of that into a one shot for those who really want to read about her alone and seek interest in a solo.