Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It really is amazing what sort of stuff can fly by the radar of editorial. I can understand continuity mistakes or whatever but geez...
    Well comics did have some pretty dark inspirations namely the old pulp fiction magazines what Marvel did for Black Panther might be not out of the question.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It really is amazing what sort of stuff can fly by the radar of editorial. I can understand continuity mistakes or whatever but geez...
    So, how would YOU write Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    So, how would YOU write Black Panther?
    I answered that in the fifth response on this thread.

Though admittedly my answer was less any specific storylines I had in mind and more logistical tweaks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    In honour of having grossed billions in the box office and the fact that they have shot him into spce I pulled the trigger. So welcome to another If You Wrote Comics thread. This time we will be talking about Black Panther, the King of Wakanda. Just imagine that Marvel Comics gave you full reign over T'Challa, his supporting characters, and rogues gallery. So as always let loose, live, have fun and maybe find a new direction for Black Panther. And I will throw my hat in by removing Ayo and Aneka from the Dora Miljae because them being there makes no sense because apart from being the personal guard of the King of Wakanda they are also his potential wives so them being there to makes no sense at all. And when it comes to harem part of the purpose is marry the women in the harem.
    First thing first-send Storm on her merry way back to background duty in X-verse and she can take those two worthless Doras with her.

Second send a note to Namor-"flood my kingdom again and we will fest on fish and chips for months."

Third-show the world (and unfans) the World of Wakanda. From the mines to the academy that kids from all over the world want to attend.

Show how deep the Wakanda people are in the outer world like we got glimpses of in the movie.

I want people to see how Back Panther is the most dangerous and at time most prepared person in the world (next to Doom). It will be the template for other writers to at least have some reference material to. So we can at least try to reduce the 8 different version of Panther in 8 different books.

I would bring back Killmonger and take a different spin from his movie version. Lets say before he gets to Wakanda-he forms his OWN group. His version of Legion of Doom. This would be an opportunity to dig up obscure villains of color (who are NOT linked to Luke Cage) and do to them when Johns did with Flash's rogues. Make them viable threats.

Panther counters with his version of Justice League of Wakanda. With Black Goliath's nephew as a member.

I would also do backups with Shuri and the rest of the cast-about 4-5 pages each or restrict each arc to 4-5 issues and leave 5 or 6 to a spotlight on them. Since you have to devote time to them some how.

Finally since I want a Black Panther Academy series-I need LEADS. Since he's a BLANK slate Judge from Miles's book use him. Toss in Deathlok's son-Nick, a resurrected Synch & Tag & Mettle. Judge wants to be a hero like Miles.

Yeah I am using a lot of blacks in this book but what are the odds that all of the choices would NOT be available to use?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    First thing first-send Storm on her merry way back to background duty in X-verse and she can take those two worthless Doras with her.

Second send a note to Namor-"flood my kingdom again and we will fest on fish and chips for months."

Third-show the world (and unfans) the World of Wakanda. From the mines to the academy that kids from all over the world want to attend.

Show how deep the Wakanda people are in the outer world like we got glimpses of in the movie.

I want people to see how Back Panther is the most dangerous and at time most prepared person in the world (next to Doom). It will be the template for other writers to at least have some reference material to. So we can at least try to reduce the 8 different version of Panther in 8 different books.

I would bring back Killmonger and take a different spin from his movie version. Lets say before he gets to Wakanda-he forms his OWN group. His version of Legion of Doom. This would be an opportunity to dig up obscure villains of color (who are NOT linked to Luke Cage) and do to them when Johns did with Flash's rogues. Make them viable threats.

Panther counters with his version of Justice League of Wakanda. With Black Goliath's nephew as a member.

I would also do backups with Shuri and the rest of the cast-about 4-5 pages each or restrict each arc to 4-5 issues and leave 5 or 6 to a spotlight on them. Since you have to devote time to them some how.

Finally since I want a Black Panther Academy series-I need LEADS. Since he's a BLANK slate Judge from Miles's book use him. Toss in Deathlok's son-Nick, a resurrected Synch & Tag & Mettle. Judge wants to be a hero like Miles.

Yeah I am using a lot of blacks in this book but what are the odds that all of the choices would NOT be available to use?
    I'd read the hell out of a BP scripted by you.

BANNED

Between T'Challa being given 16 year old wives in training, and a 17 year old T'Challa scoring with a 12 year old Storm back in Eric Dickeys horrid Storm story, a lot of unecessariy stuff with minors was thrown in the BP mythos back in the day. I know some people are cooler with age of consent laws than others... but I think just not going there in the first place is probably the safer way to go. Hopefully under the Disney banner that sort of thing will be avoided in the future.
    Dickey's reworking of T'Challa and Ororo's first physical intimacy was disgraceful and should never have been credit by Marvel Editorial.

As regards Priest's introduction and depiction of the Lisa's, their being 16 year old fully trained and capable warriors/brides in training, was rendered irrelevant leading on from the fact that T'Challa had ZERO intentions on selecting anyone of the Dora's as a bride let alone, taking advantage of any of them in a sexual capacity.

As I've pointed out previously, the age of consent varies globally and in the UK, it stands at 16.

Posters such as MoS have pointed out the verifiable fact that post-Priest, the Dora's have uniformly been depicted as fully grown women.

Why some readers choose to rabbit on about something that hasn't been an issue for a decade is entirely up to them.

Here's a sample of the fabric of BP that I've been doing. It's in the form of monthly solicits:

BLACK PANTHER: KING OF THE DEAD #0 ***EXCLUSIVE TO MARVEL ASSEMBLE***
    WRITTEN BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    PLOT BY MARVELL2100
    ART BY ADI GRANOV
    "Raise The Dead" Part 1
    Starting a bold new direction for the Black Panther! Following the events that led the team to break into the maximum security prison known as The Cube, The Crew have disbanded and T'Challa has been reborn as Bast's champion, King of the Dead! With new abilities comes new responsibilities as the threats against Wakanda and the world grow stronger and bolder! An old nemesis brings up a horrific event from Wakanda's past that could reveal an ugly secret and take Wakanda on the brink of war! What is this secret and can T'Challa prevent more bloodshed as Wakanda's past rushes into it's present! Next Issue: Remember Kiber!
    32 PGS./Rated M...$2.99

BLACK PANTHER: KING OF THE DEAD #1
    Written By CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Plot By MARVELL2100
    Art By ADI GRANOV
    "Raise The Dead": Remember Kiber!
    20 years ago! Wakanda is embroiled in a decades old cold war with a nation whose technologocal might rivals its' own, Kiber Island! Fredrick Kiber was a scientific genius whose brilliance was matched only by his ruthlessness! Filled with dreams of global domination, he built Kiber Island as a launching pad in his quest to rule the world! The only thing missing was the one precious metal that he desperately needed for his plan, Vibranium which brought him into conflict with King T'Chaka and Wakanda! After years of war, the two nations had finally reached a stalemate in their long battle. But one day, inexplicably, Wakanda launched it's most powerful weapon at it's bitter enemy and sunk Kiber Island, killing every living soul!

Today! From the bottom of the ocean, Kiber Island rises again, rebuilt and more powerful than before! The world will know, Kiber has returned! Next Issue: The Dead Tell No Lies!
    32 PGS./Rated M...$2.99

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'd read the hell out of a BP scripted by you.
    How about this Mr. M!

My first BP story arc:

Thanos is chillin' with his gal Death. He is in possession of the infinity stones and is still upset that no matter how powerful he gets, earth hero's always spoil his plan. Death suggests that that he uses one of the stones and make all the heroes into villains, and also use a stone to bring all the dead villains back to life. With a flicker of a thought, he makes it all happen!

Unfortunately, Thanos does not concentrate enough and accidentally brings back all the villains, but also brings back all the dead heroes. All the now evil heroes began to terrorize the entire planet, and subject the normal humans to prison and labor camps, and some of the worst atrocities are carried out by former heroes. As an example, Puck (from the Alpha Flight comics), punishes everyone that made fun of his short stature as a child by putting them in a camp where an evil Doctor (Pym), removes their femurs to make them all short too.

Fortunately, T'Challa had a Thanos contingency plan and blocked out the whole of Africa from any Infinity gem manipulations. He forms a team (with the help of Brother Voodoo, who helps select heroes revert back to regular heroes by "wiping their soul clean of any impurities"), to form a team of Black Avengers to tackle and defeat all the villains running amok, and all the heroes that are now turned into villains. T'Challa's team consists of:

Luke Cage
    Storm
    The Prowler
    Brother Voodoo
    Bishop
    Deathlok
    Spectrum
    Isaiah Bradly
    Black Goliath
    and lastly
    Captain South Africa! Who is a recently discovered mutant; Siyabulela Mandela (the grandson of Nelson), who not only has super strength, but can freeze time for a few moments with great strain, and also absorb other beings energy for a brief moment.

The new team travels to Canada first, and takes out the now evil Alpha Flight. Then onto Russia, England, and other European countries to take out random evil heroes and villainous squads harming the normal citizens.

Lastly they challenge all the Earth's "mightiest heroes" in America, but tricks them to come to the outskirts of Wakanda for the final show down!

After defeating several smaller teams and individual heroes, T'Challa and the Black Avengers await the team of of the Ultimate Avengers (this is a team made up of every Avenger who has ever been an Avenger, except now they are all evil. T'Challa's Black Avengers not included of course). The battle is harder than T'Challa expected!

The Evil Avengers now include former Villains like Killmonger (who was brought back to life), and even the super powerful Silver Surfer (who had joined the Avengers only moments before Thanos had used his power to make all the Earth heroes villains).

But! T'Challa, has a plan. Several of his teammates are killed in the initial battle (Prowler, Black Goliath..again, and Spectrum), so T'Challa resorts to using a power that was never even mentioned in his canon before; the "Eye of Bast". The eye of Bast is a gem stone (like the infinity stones) actually made out of the God Bast's eye. It was formed when she defeated many of the other Egyptian Gods in combat many 1000's of years ago. She drew all their power into her left eye, then clawed out her own eye to prevent them from getting their powers back.

Using the eye of Bast, T'Challa aims it at one of the Evil Avengers most powerful members; the Silver Surfer. The eye draws all power out of him and T'Challa has only moments to discard the gem now that it is filled with the power cosmic. Before he can discard it, Captain South Africa realizes the danger that T'Challa has put himself into; not realizing that T'Challa has a plan for everything, he absorbs the energy and is instantly transformed into a new hero; "Ebony Surfer"! He now has the power cosmic along with his own mutant powers.

Ebony Surfer takes on the most powerful Evil Avengers; Thor, Iron Man, Vision, etc. While the new Surfer takes out the big guns, T'Challa and the remainder of his team make short work of the Evil Fantastic Four who show up to help the Evil Avengers.

Sadly though, with the help of the now evil Dr. Strange and the evil hero Cloak; Killmonger transports instantly behind Storm! T'Challa smells him behind him and turns to see him with his arms around Storms head; in the blink of an eye without any preamble, Killmonger snaps her neck killing her instantly! T'Challa cries out; Noooooooo, but no one hears his scream because the scream of "Butterkisses" drowns out all sounds on the planet, (and even pops a few ear drums). LOL

T'Challa races towards Killmonger meaning to do bad things to him, but the evil Dr. Strange has one more trick up his sleeve; and zaps Ebony Surfer into another dimension before he dies. Ebony Surfer realizes what is happening to him, and transfer his powers to T'Challa (being the only hero he deems worthy of such power). T'Challa is stunned for a second and Killmonger laughs thinking that he is scared of him. Killmonger charges BP!! T'Challa, in the blink of a mili-Second, grasps Killmonger around the throat with one hand.

T'Challa: "You've won for the last time".

Killmonger: "I will always win in the en...URRKKK"!

T'Challa pops his head from his neck!!!!

T'Challa: "Not this time Bitch"!

Crackling with the power of Bast, Ebony Surfer, and his own awesome powers; he defeats the rest of the evil ex-heroes. He then takes one last look at Strom's dead body, and in a blink transports himself to be standing directly in front of Thanos and his lady Death. T'Challa grabs Death around the waist and pulls her close and give her a big tongue kiss. Thanos is enraged, but before he can act, T'Challa shoves Death away and using all his new power, and his Vibranium claws, buries his hand in Thanos' chest. Thanos looks down shocked as he see's T'Challa rip his still beating black heart from his chest. T'Challa holds the heart in front of Thanos' face. With his dying breath, Thanos says; "Impossible"! T'Challa (without his face mask) looks him in the eye and he takes a huge bite of the still beating heart and says; "Nothing is impossible monster, for the King of Wakanda"!!!!

Fast forward 3 month's on Earth. All the Heroes and villains that are still alive are back to normal now (now that BP has all that power plus the infinity gems).

M'Baku travels down off his mountain to complain to T'Challa that he was not invited to be one the original Black Avengers:

M'Baku: "How dare you not seek out the help of the most deserving and most rightful ruler of Wakanda; the "Man-Ape"!

T'Challa looks at him and smacks the taste out of his mouth!!!!!!!!

Standing over the downed M'Baku (ala, Ali vs Frazier), T'Challa glares down at him.

T'Challa: "There are Men. There are Apes. There are never both"!

Fade to black; end of my first Black Panther arc! LOL
    Last edited by Mantis Dad; 07-11-2018 at 04:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post

How about this Mr. M!

My first BP story arc:

Thanos is chillin' with his gal Death. He is in possession of the infinity stones and is still upset that no matter how powerful he gets, earth hero's always spoil his plan. Death suggests that that he uses one of the stones and make all the heroes into villains, and also use a stone to bring all the dead villains back to life. With a flicker of a thought, he makes it all happen!

Unfortunately, Thanos does not concentrate enough and accidentally brings back all the villains, but also brings back all the dead heroes. All the now evil heroes began to terrorize the entire planet, and subject the normal humans to prison and labor camps, and some of the worst atrocities are carried out by former heroes. As an example, Puck (from the Alpha Flight comics), punishes everyone that made fun of his short stature as a child by putting them in a camp where an evil Doctor (Pym), removes their femurs to make them all short too.

Fortunately, T'Challa had a Thanos contingency plan and blocked out the whole of Africa from any Infinity gem manipulations. He forms a team (with the help of Brother Voodoo, who helps select heroes revert back to regular heroes by "wiping their soul clean of any impurities"), to form a team of Black Avengers to tackle and defeat all the villains running amok, and all the heroes that are now turned into villains. T'Challa's team consists of:

Luke Cage
    Storm
    The Prowler
    Brother Voodoo
    Bishop
    Deathlok
    Spectrum
    Isaiah Bradly
    Black Goliath
    and lastly
    Captain South Africa! Who is a recently discovered mutant; Siyabulela Mandela (the grandson of Nelson), who not only has super strength, but can freeze time for a few moments with great strain, and also absorb other beings energy for a brief moment.

The new team travels to Canada first, and takes out the now evil Alpha Flight. Then onto Russia, England, and other European countries to take out random evil heroes and villainous squads harming the normal citizens.

Lastly they challenge all the Earth's "mightiest heroes" in America, but tricks them to come to the outskirts of Wakanda for the final show down!

After defeating several smaller teams and individual heroes, T'Challa and the Black Avengers await the team of of the Ultimate Avengers (this is a team made up of every Avenger who has ever been an Avenger, except now they are all evil. T'Challa's Black Avengers not included of course). The battle is harder than T'Challa expected!

The Evil Avengers now include former Villains like Killmonger (who was brought back to life), and even the super powerful Silver Surfer (who had joined the Avengers only moments before Thanos had used his power to make all the Earth heroes villains).

But! T'Challa, has a plan. Several of his teammates are killed in the initial battle (Prowler, Black Goliath..again, and Spectrum), so T'Challa resorts to using a power that was never even mentioned in his canon before; the "Eye of Bast". The eye of Bast is a gem stone (like the infinity stones) actually made out of the God Bast's eye. It was formed when she defeated many of the other Egyptian Gods in combat many 1000's of years ago. She drew all their power into her left eye, then clawed out her own eye to prevent them from getting their powers back.

Using the eye of Bast, T'Challa aims it at one of the Evil Avengers most powerful members; the Silver Surfer. The eye draws all power out of him and T'Challa has only moments to discard the gem now that it is filled with the power cosmic. Before he can discard it, Captain South Africa realizes the danger that T'Challa has put himself into; not realizing that T'Challa has a plan for everything, he absorbs the energy and is instantly transformed into a new hero; "Ebony Surfer"! He now has the power cosmic along with his own mutant powers.

Ebony Surfer takes on the most powerful Evil Avengers; Thor, Iron Man, Vision, etc. While the new Surfer takes out the big guns, T'Challa and the remainder of his team make short work of the Evil Fantastic Four who show up to help the Evil Avengers.

Sadly though, with the help of the now evil Dr. Strange and the evil hero Cloak; Killmonger transports instantly behind Storm! T'Challa smells him behind him and turns to see him with his arms around Storms head; in the blink of an eye without any preamble, Killmonger snaps her neck killing her instantly! T'Challa cries out; Noooooooo, but no one hears his scream because the scream of "Butterkisses" drowns out all sounds on the planet, (and even pops a few ear drums). LOL

T'Challa races towards Killmonger meaning to do bad things to him, but the evil Dr. Strange has one more trick up his sleeve; and zaps Ebony Surfer into another dimension before he dies. Ebony Surfer realizes what is happening to him, and transfer his powers to T'Challa (being the only hero he deems worthy of such power). T'Challa is stunned for a second and Killmonger laughs thinking that he is scared of him. Killmonger charges BP!! T'Challa, in the blink of a mili-Second, grasps Killmonger around the throat with one hand.

Crackling with the power of Bast, Ebony Surfer, and his own awesome powers; he defeats the rest of the evil ex-heroes. He then takes one last look at Strom's dead body, and in a blink transports himself to be standing directly in front of Thanos and his lady Death. T'Challa grabs Death around the waist and pulls her close and give her a big tongue kiss. Thanos is enraged, but before he can act, T'Challa shoves Death away and using all his new power, and his Vibranium claws, buries his hand in Thanos' chest. Thanos looks down shocked as he see's T'Challa rip his still beating black heart from his chest. T'Challa holds the heart in front of Thanos' face. With his dying breath, Thanos says; "Impossible"! T'Challa (without his face mask) looks him in the eye and he takes a huge bite of the still beating heart and says; "Nothing is impossible monster, for the King of Wakanda"!!!!

Fast forward 3 month's on Earth. All the Heroes and villains that are still alive are back to normal now (now that BP has all that power plus the infinity gems).

M'Baku travels down off his mountain to complain to T'Challa that he was not invited to be one the original Black Avengers:

M'Baku: "How dare you not seek out the help of the most deserving and most rightful ruler of Wakanda; the "Man-Ape"!

Standing over the downed M'Baku (ala, Ali vs Frazier), T'Challa glares down at him.

I'm sitting here in my living room wondering what the hell just knocked me sideways with incredulity.

I can't wait to read the next instalment of excellence ascribed by the one and only Mantis Dad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's a sample of the fabric of BP that I've been doing. It's in the form of monthly solicits:

BLACK PANTHER: KING OF THE DEAD #0 ***EXCLUSIVE TO MARVEL ASSEMBLE***
    WRITTEN BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    PLOT BY MARVELL2100
    ART BY ADI GRANOV
    "Raise The Dead" Part 1
    Starting a bold new direction for the Black Panther! Following the events that led the team to break into the maximum security prison known as The Cube, The Crew have disbanded and T'Challa has been reborn as Bast's champion, King of the Dead! With new abilities comes new responsibilities as the threats against Wakanda and the world grow stronger and bolder! An old nemesis brings up a horrific event from Wakanda's past that could reveal an ugly secret and take Wakanda on the brink of war! What is this secret and can T'Challa prevent more bloodshed as Wakanda's past rushes into it's present! Next Issue: Remember Kiber!
    32 PGS./Rated M...$2.99

BLACK PANTHER: KING OF THE DEAD #1
    Written By CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Plot By MARVELL2100
    Art By ADI GRANOV
    "Raise The Dead": Remember Kiber!
    20 years ago! Wakanda is embroiled in a decades old cold war with a nation whose technologocal might rivals its' own, Kiber Island! Fredrick Kiber was a scientific genius whose brilliance was matched only by his ruthlessness! Filled with dreams of global domination, he built Kiber Island as a launching pad in his quest to rule the world! The only thing missing was the one precious metal that he desperately needed for his plan, Vibranium which brought him into conflict with King T'Chaka and Wakanda! After years of war, the two nations had finally reached a stalemate in their long battle. But one day, inexplicably, Wakanda launched it's most powerful weapon at it's bitter enemy and sunk Kiber Island, killing every living soul!

Today! From the bottom of the ocean, Kiber Island rises again, rebuilt and more powerful than before! The world will know, Kiber has returned! Next Issue: The Dead Tell No Lies!
    32 PGS./Rated M...$2.99
    I remember when Global Honored and yourself invited me to drop solicitations too.

I need to get cracking on that.

Thank you Mr. M!

My next arc /issues #7-#12/ I will try to write next time I have this much Vodka in me.

BANNED

Thank you Mr. M!

My next arc /issues #7-#12/ I will try to write next time I have this much Vodka in me.
    I might just pen a synopsis or two in the interim.

How about this Mr. M!

My first BP story arc:

Luke Cage
    Storm
    The Prowler
    Brother Voodoo
    Bishop
    Deathlok
    Spectrum
    Isaiah Bradly
    Black Goliath
    and lastly

That would be a fun story. Worthy of animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I might just pen a synopsis or two in the interim.
    I read some of your fan fic BCB. You need to get cracking and soon.

@Mantis Dad: Dude, good work!

Actually, Marvel already has an Eye Of Bast....

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/clawofbast.htm#eye

But that was a oneoff story, easily disregarded.

I'm sure your stuff will sell better than my ramblings.