Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Since I still have a little Vodka left in me; here is the first issue of the next arc for Mr. M. and the whole BP Posse:

Arc #2 (issues #7-#12), issue #7:

T'Challa sits on his throne looking down at the "Eye of Bast", and the Infinity Stones besides it. He says nothing. He dwells on the prospects of turning all the world into "good citizens", free of all evil intent. He tilts his head back and lets out a long breath.
    He picks up all the items of power and carries them in a leather sack to the Vibranium mines. Once the workers for the day are gone, he tosses them separately into the molten pool of liquid metal at the site where they work liquid Vibranium into shapes and objects. "No man should weld such power" he thinks to himself. As the objects cool and are solidified by the molten metal he retrieves all of them from the molten pool and makes a plan to bury them where they can never be found again. Unless.. unless the unthinkable happens.

Scene change to the small trickling fountain in the center of the Wakandan plant life atrium. Nakia sits and stirs the small pool of cool water slowly with her finger tips and thinks, not only of all the things she is responsible for regarding the rest of Africa, but also to her king. The man she loves. "How do I love him? How do I give up my life to be with him? How do I forego everything that is important to me"? A tear rolls from her eyes and she gazes into the pool looking at a distorted image of herself just to hide the tears.

Shuri steps out of the hots springs that cascade over her lithe ebony body. How she loves the feel of the rushing, small water falls as it cleanses her body, mind, and soul. She is near the village of the once powerful tribe led by M'Baku. She cares not a wisp if any of the remaining tribe members are spying on her, naked; as she washes the blood and grim off her sleek, yet nubile body. The poachers who crossed the boarder did not stand a chance, she thinks to herself. Maybe killing them would not be approved, or ordered by her brother. "I am not my brother" she thinks and her thoughts rush along like the clear liquid that gently caresses her form.

Namor sits on his throne of golden oysters. "Every breath you take is a mercy from me"?! He slams his fist on the arm of the throne, startling all of those around him this evening. "How I hate that smug, arrogant, jungle born wanna be monarch". His closest counselor seeks to approach him, but the look on the Prince's face makes him think otherwise. As the dim sunlight that reaches far away Atlantis fades away, Namor thinks to himself that these memories have to end. Eventually, he dozes off to a restless slumber, a smile on his royal face. Kill this would be king, he thinks. The only true king on this planet made up of the life giving water that sustains him, is himself. The one true ruler of Atlantis.

The dead body smells. The maggots have not yet roosted in the flesh to feed off the dead, but the smell is still more that any one person could bare. It doesn't bother her. Malice sits on the floor of the old, rundown studio apartment, and looks at the dismembered body of her latest victim without remorse. His entrails slide between her sleek hands and she contemplates what to do next. "He kissed me.. He awoke my soul and my longing". No tears are shed and she sits in silent gloom; but an aura of hatred awakens anew. "He should of loved ME! Not that wind witch; not that river tribe slut; But ME"!!! She stands slowly with a new reserve. She will travel back from this land of colonizers and seek out the land of her birth. "He will be with me; or he will be with no one". She slowly walks out the door.

T'Challa lays on the massive mattress made of the soft grasses of the plains of Wakanda. He stares up through the "Moon roof" in his royal bedchambers. "Life is now perfect", he thinks. He dozes off knowing that nothing, from this point on, can go wrong in his kingdom.

End of Issue #7

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Since I still have a little Vodka left in me; here is the first issue of the next arc for Mr. M. and the whole BP Posse:

Arc #2 (issues #7-#12), issue #7:

T'Challa sits on his throne looking down at the "Eye of Bast", and the Infinity Stones besides it. He says nothing. He dwells on the prospects of turning all the world into "good citizens", free of all evil intent. He tilts his head back and lets out a long breath.
    He picks up all the items of power and carries them in a leather sack to the Vibranium mines. Once the workers for the day are gone, he tosses them separately into the molten pool of liquid metal at the site where they work liquid Vibranium into shapes and objects. "No man should weld such power" he thinks to himself. As the objects cool and are solidified by the molten metal he retrieves all of them from the molten pool and makes a plan to bury them where they can never be found again. Unless.. unless the unthinkable happens.

Scene change to the small trickling fountain in the center of the Wakandan plant life atrium. Nakia sits and stirs the small pool of cool water slowly with her finger tips and thinks, not only of all the things she is responsible for regarding the rest of Africa, but also to her king. The man she loves. "How do I love him? How do I give up my life to be with him? How do I forego everything that is important to me"? A tear rolls from her eyes and she gazes into the pool looking at a distorted image of herself just to hide the tears.

Shuri steps out of the hots springs that cascade over her lithe ebony body. How she loves the feel of the rushing, small water falls as it cleanses her body, mind, and soul. She is near the village of the once powerful tribe led by M'Baku. She cares not a wisp if any of the remaining tribe members are spying on her, naked; as she washes the blood and grim off her sleek, yet nubile body. The poachers who crossed the boarder did not stand a chance, she thinks to herself. Maybe killing them would not be approved, or ordered by her brother. "I am not my brother" she thinks and her thoughts rush along like the clear liquid that gently caresses her form.

Namor sits on his throne of golden oysters. "Every breath you take is a mercy from me"?! He slams his fist on the arm of the throne, startling all of those around him this evening. "How I hate that smug, arrogant, jungle born wanna be monarch". His closest counselor seeks to approach him, but the look on the Prince's face makes him think otherwise. As the dim sunlight that reaches far away Atlantis fades away, Namor thinks to himself that these memories have to end. Eventually, he dozes off to a restless slumber, a smile on his royal face. Kill this would be king, he thinks. The only true king on this planet made up of the life giving water that sustains him, is himself. The one true ruler of Atlantis.

The dead body smells. The maggots have not yet roosted in the flesh to feed off the dead, but the smell is still more that any one person could bare. It doesn't bother her. Malice sits on the floor of the old, rundown studio apartment, and looks at the dismembered body of her latest victim without remorse. His entrails slide between her sleek hands and she contemplates what to do next. "He kissed me.. He awoke my soul and my longing". No tears are shed and she sits in silent gloom; but an aura of hatred awakens anew. "He should of loved ME! Not that wind witch; not that river tribe slut; But ME"!!! She stands slowly with a new reserve. She will travel back from this land of colonizers and seek out the land of her birth. "He will be with me; or he will be with no one". She slowly walks out the door.

T'Challa lays on the massive mattress made of the soft grasses of the plains of Wakanda. He stares up through the "Moon roof" in his royal bedchambers. "Life is now perfect", he thinks. He dozes off knowing that nothing, from this point on, can go wrong in his kingdom.

End of Issue #7
    Issue 7? That witten imagery is too good to be left up to an artist. The first arc as I said should be animated, but this needs to be the opening pages to a novel. I'll need about 250 to 300 more pages. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And I will throw my hat in by removing Ayo and Aneka from the Dora Miljae because them being there makes no sense because apart from being the personal guard of the King of Wakanda they are also his potential wives so them being there to makes no sense at all.
    Maybe you should actually read the stories they're in before talking about them? Because in World of Wakanda, the two of them being potential wives was actually a source of conflict. Aneka felt it was inappropriate for them to be together because there was the possibility of the Black Panther marrying one of them. And then the two of them basically did leave the Dora Milaje when they openly rebelled against the Wakandan government. They still respect T'Challa, they still defend Wakanda, but they, and a bunch of other Dora Milaje, have basically rejected the potential wives thing, and have pretty much formed their own state within Wakanda.

So the thing you're saying you want to happen was pretty much exactly what happened with them.

In terms of what I'd do: Hmmm. Political marriage to Namorita to formalize a peace treaty between Wakanda and Atlantis? Entirely political, like I said, with the two respecting each other but having no actual romantic interest, and no romantic interest would develop. Maybe also have T'Challa hunt a Wakandan murderer across Africa, getting involved in other stuff along the way. A run in with the Sinister Six robbing banks in Lagos, for example. But also some more serious stuff.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Maybe you should actually read the stories they're in before talking about them? Because in World of Wakanda, the two of them being potential wives was actually a source of conflict. Aneka felt it was inappropriate for them to be together because there was the possibility of the Black Panther marrying one of them. And then the two of them basically did leave the Dora Milaje when they openly rebelled against the Wakandan government. They still respect T'Challa, they still defend Wakanda, but they, and a bunch of other Dora Milaje, have basically rejected the potential wives thing, and have pretty much formed their own state within Wakanda.

So the thing you're saying you want to happen was pretty much exactly what happened with them.

In terms of what I'd do: Hmmm. Political marriage to Namorita to formalize a peace treaty between Wakanda and Atlantis? Entirely political, like I said, with the two respecting each other but having no actual romantic interest, and no romantic interest would develop. Maybe also have T'Challa hunt a Wakandan murderer across Africa, getting involved in other stuff along the way. A run in with the Sinister Six robbing banks in Lagos, for example. But also some more serious stuff.
    All I know is what Coates worked on was artificial conflict and after a while thing changed after the Dora Milaje were established.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Well...

Since Hudlin's initial run was meant to be a standalone story arc that eventually got merged into full blown canon I would say follow the MCU movie version and just retcon Nakia as is and lose the whole "Malice" thing from way back when!

Stalking ex-girlfriends or scorned lovers might not play as well in today's MeToo era... Besides that kiss T'challa gave Nakia after saving him and his family should ooze all up in the comic book panels itself!

Killmonger via Michael B. Jordan is considered one of if not the best ever MCU villain I would bring him back from the dead straight up as is and keep that 1.3 billion dollar gravy train running all the way to the bank!

Comics are not limited to standard issue canon but since the Black Panther comic always reaches a point of low sales toward cancellation numbers you might as well make it plug and play for future writers to ease the stress!

I would also bring back Andy Serkis Klaw (I mean it's comics with magic bring me back to life pixie dust everywhere) and capitalize on Golum and Bilbo Baggins hanging out some more on panel!

Basically... As the paid for hire mercenary writer of Black Panther I would make it easy on myself and just give the people what 1.3 billion dollars says they already wanted and stop trying to reinvent the wheel pretending to be smarter than the fans!

And just say "NO" to Man-ape... After Winston Duke's excellent performance the black dude dressed as a gorilla is dead up in da streets for good!

My Precious...

All I know is what Coates worked on was artificial conflict and after a while thing changed after the Dora Milaje were established.
    The whole wives in training thing sort of came then went then came again then went again.

T'CHalla obviously stopped needing wives in training once he got married. So that role for the DM was pretty moot. By by the time Coates started writng the book his marriage was over and he was a king again, so on paper at least the DM became potential wives in training again. And for 2 Doras who have fallen in love, that's obvious an issue given they roles they have. The whole wives in training isn't the reason they (and the rest of the DM) rebelled... but obviously not being a wife in training when you're in love with someone else is a burden they're likely very happy is off their back.

Astonishing Member

I remember making a stupidly long post about a few ideas I had for some BP arcs

Overall, my Black Panther run would focus on techno-horror and highlighting Wakandan culture. It'd feature palace intrigue and the role of T'Challa as a pan-African leader, while giving him a large support cast who readers can also appreciate. There'd be an emphasis on T'Challa's scientific knowledge and diplomatic skill, though he'd still be incredibly capable in combat. He'd basically have his regular powerset, with the regular usage of the energy gauntlets and an upgraded soul spear.

Probably renovate some villains and other unique settings, like the Djalia, the metahuman school, and the techno-organic forest. Meanwhile Shuri will be set up to get her own series out in space exploring/protecting Wakandan colonies, with T'Challa eventually having kids who get their powers from Wakandan alchemy or the x-gene.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The whole wives in training thing sort of came then went then came again then went again.

T'CHalla obviously stopped needing wives in training once he got married. So that role for the DM was pretty moot. By by the time Coates started writng the book his marriage was over and he was a king again, so on paper at least the DM became potential wives in training again. And for 2 Doras who have fallen in love, that's obvious an issue given they roles they have. The whole wives in training isn't the reason they (and the rest of the DM) rebelled... but obviously not being a wife in training when you're in love with someone else is a burden they're likely very happy is off their back.
    Either way since Storm had left the Dora Milaje are now filled with potential candidates for T'Challa's wife so those two shouldn't even exist if they cannot fulfill that function so them being there makes no sense.

Either way since Storm had left the Dora Milaje are now filled with potential candidates for T'Challa's wife so those two shouldn't even exist if they cannot fulfill that function so them being there makes no sense.
    Yes and no.

Theoretially yes... if they are suppose to be wives in training then you obviously don't want them dating other people (or each other). That's why there were established rules against them dating.

But realistically T'CHalla has never going to marry any of them anyways, as it was obvious he wanted to get back with Storm. So practically speaking it didn't really matter.

But the Doras all rebelled anyways. None of them are brides in training anymore, so it's all moot.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes and no.

Theoretially yes... if they are suppose to be wives in training then you obviously don't want them dating other people (or each other). That's why there were established rules against them dating.

But realistically T'CHalla has never going to marry any of them anyways, as it was obvious he wanted to get back with Storm. So practically speaking it didn't really matter.

But the Doras all rebelled anyways. None of them are brides in training anymore, so it's all moot.
    That only happened under Coates but before him it wasn't too big a deal. Nevertheless even if T'Challa wasn't going to marry any of them things going the way they did under Coates didn't sound right to me when much of the conflict was artificial.

That was addressed! World of Wakanda addressed it explicitly! I just told you that it was addressed. I just told you that the Dora Milaje being potential wives was a big part of the conflict in World of Wakanda. You responded to my post so I know you read it, and it wasn't hard to understand, so I don't know why you're complaining about something that was actually explicitly addressed in-story.

Aneka was reluctant to begin a relationship with Ayo because they were potential wives, so Aneka thought it was inappropriate. Aneka eventually decided she didn't care if they were potential wives, she loved Ayo, so they started a relationship. And then not too long after that, they actually did leave T'Challa's service, though for an unrelated reason.

That was addressed! World of Wakanda addressed it explicitly! I just told you that it was addressed. I just told you that the Dora Milaje being potential wives was a big part of the conflict in World of Wakanda. You responded to my post so I know you read it, and it wasn't hard to understand, so I don't know why you're complaining about something that was actually explicitly addressed in-story.

Aneka was reluctant to begin a relationship with Ayo because they were potential wives, so Aneka thought it was inappropriate. Aneka eventually decided she didn't care if they were potential wives, she loved Ayo, so they started a relationship. And then not too long after that, they actually did leave T'Challa's service, though for an unrelated reason.
    If this helps...

Black Panther - World of Wakanda (2016-) 003-010.jpg

The easy moves for this is

1. I don't care it how it happens even if you have go Nick Fury Jr "Battle Scars" style of silly story or time travel. Make Killmonger the movie version they pulled off an amazing feat with him and that version of Killmonger can be a compelling opponent for years to come. The movie gifted black panther basically his "Joker" they better utilize it .

2. Steal what you can from movie Shuri but avoid what the movie did slight down playing of Black Panther intelligence at the cost her intelligence boost

3. Change M'Baku to match the movie

Other than I have been enjoying what I have been seeing from Black Panther and the actual attempts at pushing the character.The only small gripe is put a big time artist on the book I can't say the books that I have read have bad art but I can't exactly praise it either
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Sure anything you say. But I don't take kindly to artificial conflict it's offensive to me as a writer.

Sure anything you say. But I don't take kindly to artificial conflict it's offensive to me as a writer.
    It's fiction, all conflict is created by the writer, and the conflict for Aneka and Ayo was perfectly reasonable. They both agreed to become Dora Milaje, and in the process, to make themselves available as wives in the event that the Black Panther chose one of them. Then the two of them fell in love. Ayo wanted to pursue a relationship, Aneka felt it was inappropriate, and it created conflict between them. Eventually, Aneka decided she wanted to be with Ayo, and the two began a relationship, which was encouraged by their superior, who presumably knew the odds were against T'Challa choosing to marry either of them anyway. Had he chosen to marry one of them, there would've been another conflict, but as it happened, they both got fed up with some of the things that were happening in Wakanda and chose to instead leave Black Panther's service. And some other Dora Milaje went with them.

I'm not sure what's especially "artificial" about the conflict. What, are Dora Milaje not allowed to have emotions? They're not supposed to be actual people, just accessories for the Black Panther? Because I actually kinda figure that a Dora Milaje falling in love with someone else and being torn between her heart and her duty is a pretty reasonable conflict. From a logical standpoint, it's probably something that's happened a whole lot through Wakanda's history. In fact, Dora Milaje falling in love with each other is probably pretty common in Wakandan history.

So I really don't get your complaint about them.