Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows#21

Another sound issue...art's a bit dodgy, but they can draw quite a decent MJ.

Every one of the family got something to do in the issue, Peter forced to ask Normie for info, Annie talked to Normie over the phone about her troubles, MJ opened up to Annie about losing her baby during the clone saga. Ben Reilly was confirmed to be dead too. And it looks like another Sinister Spider-Clone has joined the fray.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member

Good issue. Prefer Scott Kobish on art to the other artists since Jody Houser took the book over.

When she was telling the story of Ben Reilly to Annie, that was so heartbreaking. I am a fan of Scott Kobish's art from Deadpool, and I think his style with these characters works really well. The colours feel a bit muted, but I don't think it's too bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    When she was telling the story of Ben Reilly to Annie, that was so heartbreaking. I am a fan of Scott Kobish's art from Deadpool, and I think his style with these characters works really well. The colours feel a bit muted, but I don't think it's too bad.
    I am as well from Kobish on Deadpool.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Pretty good stuff. I hate to say it, but I really wish this title were selling better, so we could get an artist the quality of Stegman on it. Cause man. I love the writing of this issue - everyone got good stuff to do - but the art is really holding it back. And I know it's because the book isn't selling well enough to justify putting someone good on it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would agree with you there, millernumber1. Koblish isn't bad, but I do still wish Stegman was onboard with this series. That said, I greatly appreciated the scene between Mary Jane and Annie, not only for the mother-daughter bond, but also for confirming that the 90s Clone Saga was more-or-less canon to the world of RYV. Good on Peter to check out Normie and Oscorp as well, given Normie's grandfather's role in masterminding the situation to begin with, though with Mister Sinister pulling the strings behind this Clone Saga . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.