Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hunt For Wolverine : Adamantium Agenda #3 Recap/Review

The issue begins again with the same flashback we got in the previous issues. Logan tells Stark he knows something about him and about this bomb and he tells him to make sure no one can hear them talk because Stark wouldn't want the others to know what Logan found.

In the present, Sinister blasts Laura away and he tries to kill the guy who stole from him again. While Stark warn the others to be careful about about Sinister's telepathy, Jess punched Sinister and Laura is able to to cut Sinister's other hand but despite his injuries Sinister managed to teleport away. Stark managed to lift the submarine and save everyone from drowning, at the same time the South Korea's National Intelligence Service helicarrier pop up in the sky (thanks to Stark who called them earlier) and all the villains present at the auction are taken into custody by the Korean's army.

Laura, Luke and Jessica wants to interrogate the guy who stole from Sinister about why Logan's body is missing and how he managed to get Danielle DNA. Jessica is the one who's going to interrogate him, she's pissed off and she warned him she can kill him easily if she wants to. We learned that the guy's name is Declan Fay, he used to work for Sinister and he reveals that Sinister created a DNA database in a big complex in the Kergueleen Islands. Stark revealed that those islands are in one the most isolated places on the planet and it's almost impossible to infiltrate Sinister's base by any conventional means without triggering any alarm.

So in order to infiltrate Sinister's base, Stark gives to each member of the team a special Iron Man suit (the designs of those suits are really hit and miss imo) and thanks to those armors they managed to infiltrate Sinister's base. The team finally find Sinister's big secret, Sinister doesn't have a database he has a physical collection of not only the DNA of every super hero but of every single person on the planet.

To be continued...

So as you can see from this recap, not a lot happened unfortunately. The dialogues are great with some funny jokes (the plug a hole joke was nice) but the pacing is too slow and it's really annoying. We still have no clues about what Logan big secret is (the secret that is going to break the Internet as Taylor said) and we still have no idea how Sinister is related to the whole Hunt saga or to the Soteira project.

Frankly between this, X-Men Red, All New Wolverine and Injustice I'm seeing a pattern with Taylor's writing, either his stories read too fast or too slow. He should really put more work on the pacing because it's really a problem if you're not reading his stories in TPB.

The art is good for most of the issue, some faces are really weird and some panel are rushed but in the end it's not that bad.

All in all not a bad issue but not a great one either and it's really disappointing especially after the great cliffhanger from the last issue. I hope Logan's big secret next issue is worth it.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-11-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    All in all not a bad issue but not a great one either and it's really disappointing especially after the great cliffhanger from the last issue. I hope Logan's big secret next issue is worth it.
    I second this!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I did by like thos issue. The team being susprised sinister has all rhose samples really? Thats his whole M.O. the treatment of luke cage is awfull. This series will have nothing to do with logans return its a waste of a mini.
    X-Men Forever

This does seem the least involved in the Wolverine mystery of the four minis, but I’m curious about Sinisters plans.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I did by like thos issue. The team being susprised sinister has all rhose samples really? Thats his whole M.O. the treatment of luke cage is awfull. This series will have nothing to do with logans return its a waste of a mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This does seem the least involved in the Wolverine mystery of the four minis, but I’m curious about Sinisters plans.

I agree with both of you this mini is really strange, I'm sure the final reveal will have something to do with both Logan's return and the Soteira project but frankly for now the mini doesn't add anything to the mystery surrounding Logan's return. Judging by the sollicit the big revelation has something to do with a "deep-state conspiracy that leads to a shocking DNA discovery and metallurgic miracle in the Marvel Universe" so who knows what that means but maybe Sinister is connected to the Soteira project and he did something with Logan DNA.

I just hope the final reveal won't be another "Tony is a monster who did a terrible thing in the past" similar to what happened in Civil War and what he did with Thor DNA. Let's hope Taylor and the X-Editors know what they're doing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Frankly, I'm only reading this for Spider-Man (and now Laura). That said, it looks like Sinister is pulling from the Jackal's (both Miles Warren spoilers:
    and Ben Reilly
    end of spoilers) playbook of repopulating the planet with clones after wiping out the human (and superhuman) population.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah, this has been decent. I like the New Avengers vibe, the art's great, and Sinister's plan is intriguing. Cool cliffhanger in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Frankly, I'm only reading this for Spider-Man (and now Laura). That said, it looks like Sinister is pulling from the Jackal's (both Miles Warren spoilers:
    and Ben Reilly
    end of spoilers) playbook of repopulating the planet with clones after wiping out the human (and superhuman) population.
    Well you got that right, Sinister clearly love Jackal's work. He even made a lot of clones of Ben Reilly during the Wolverines serie lol :

Well you got that right, Sinister clearly love Jackal's work. He even made a lot of clones of Ben Reilly during the Wolverines serie lol :

I always thought it was his way of giving Jackal the finger after Jackal swiped from his labs to help his own mad geneticist work in Chris Yost's Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. That said, I'm guessing Sinister got Ben's DNA from back when they encountered each other in X-Men/Spider-Man #3 (of 4) by Christos Gage, set in the mid-90s during the point in the Clone Saga when Ben was acting as Spider-Man. On that note, it'd be really cool if one of Sinister's Ben Reilly clones survived, after all, and popped up in the current Scarlet Spider series, assuming it lasts long enough.

I always thought it was his way of giving Jackal the finger after Jackal swiped from his labs to help his own mad geneticist work in Chris Yost's Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. That said, I'm guessing Sinister got Ben's DNA from back when they encountered each other in X-Men/Spider-Man #3 (of 4) by Christos Gage, set in the mid-90s during the point in the Clone Saga when Ben was acting as Spider-Man. On that note, it'd be really cool if one of Sinister's Ben Reilly clones survived, after all, and popped up in the current Scarlet Spider series, assuming it lasts long enough.

Ah I didn't know about that (I haven't read the Scarlet Spider serie by Yost), you're right I could see Sinister creating some Ben clones just to piss off Jackal, thanks for the info

I remember that Spider-Man/X-Men mini where that crazy Carnage ate Wolverine's claws lol and indeed I wouldn't be surprised if Sinister took some DNA from Ben on that day. I'm not following his current serie so I'm not sure what the current Ben would do if he meets one of these clones.

By the way are you following the Ben Reilly ongoing? Is he still trying to be a hero again?

Ah I didn't know about that (I haven't read the Scarlet Spider serie by Yost), you're right I could see Sinister creating some Ben clones just to piss off Jackal, thanks for the info

I remember that Spider-Man/X-Men mini where that crazy Carnage ate Wolverine's claws lol and indeed I wouldn't be surprised if Sinister took some DNA from Ben on that day. I'm not following his current serie so I'm not sure what the current Ben would do if he meets one of these clones.

By the way are you following the Ben Reilly ongoing? Is he still trying to be a hero again?
    You're welcome, and yes, I've been faithfully following the Ben Reilly ongoing since its first issue. He's had some rough patches, but he is still trying his best to become a hero again.

You're welcome, and yes, I've been faithfully following the Ben Reilly ongoing since its first issue. He's had some rough patches, but he is still trying his best to become a hero again.
    Thank you I lost interest in Spidey after Sins Past, The Other and One More Day but I still tried to see what was happening with webhead during the Slott run and I liked the Renew your vows serie.

I was a little disappointed by Ben's charaterization during the Clone Conspiracy but I found the first issue of the Ben Reilly serie by PAD interesting. After reading the recent Amazing Spider-Man issue by Spencer/Ottley (I loved it) I'm now in a good mood for some Spidey goodness so I might give the Ben Reilly serie another try.

Thinking about it I should post a little more in the Spider-Man board
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Thank you I lost interest in Spidey after Sins Past, The Other and One More Day but I still tried to see what was happening with webhead during the Slott run and I liked the Renew your vows serie.

I was a little disappointed by Ben's charaterization during the Clone Conspiracy but I found the first issue of the Ben Reilly serie by PAD interesting. After reading the recent Amazing Spider-Man issue by Spencer/Ottley (I loved it) I'm now in a good mood for some Spidey goodness so I might give the Ben Rilly serie another try.

Thinking about it I should post a little more in the Spider-Man board
    Small warning about doing that, OMD pops up a lot i the disscussions, i remember at least 10 threads that devolved into that. Step carefully

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Small warning about doing that, OMD pops up a lot i the disscussions, i remember at least 10 threads that devolved into that. Step carefully
    Thanks for the warning Since the serie take place in Las Vegas I wouldn't be surprised if Mephisto is somewhat involved, I just hope Ben will kick his ass for what he did in OMD

Thanks for the warning Since the serie take place in Las Vegas I wouldn't be surprised if Mephisto is somewhat involved, I just hope Ben will kick his ass for what he did in OMD
    Glad to see that we are in agreement about that .