Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I can't say that I'm excited about the news because I'm not really familiar with the writer outside of the 2 fillers she wrote for Superman during the Grounded arc.

I can give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to writing filler for Grounded.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Haven't read anything by her, but she has a good reputation it seems. I'm open to giving it a try for a few issues at least. And I'm glad that they've nailed down a creator and a direction finally and we can stop wondering.

Building off of Rucka's run (and thankfully Robinson hasn't caused too much damage so she can have an easy time of it) and talking about the 75 years of history she wants to pour over are very encouraging.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wu9GWenzXEE

According to this video, Wilson is going to be building on Rucka's run...which is exactly what I want to hear! Now I just want to know two things:

1) Monthly or twice monthly?

2) Artists!
    Christmas is coming early apparently!

I'm really happy we're getting more of a return to Rucka's work, because I felt like he left some really great foundation for WW with the mythology and the supporting cast.

I love Ms. Marvel; it's one of the few Marvel titles I steadily read anymore, so I'm really excited to see her write for Diana!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ahah! Wilson posted that art will be by Cary Nord. Must go do research...

RESEARCH DONE! He did two issues of Deathstroke with Priest. Not my favorite of the guest artists on that run, but his stuff was very appealing. I kinda hope they go monthly and give him the book for at least a year. I want artistic continuity so bad...
    I know him mostly for his brilliant work on Kurt Busiek's Conan run at Dark Horse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can't say that I'm excited about the news because I'm not really familiar with the writer outside of the 2 fillers she wrote for Superman during the Grounded arc.
    Those two issues kept Grounded from being 100% of a train wreck.

This is great news. Wilson is a fantastic writer and I can't wait to see her write Diana.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm a bit concerned that she's starting out her run with Wonder Woman interacting with Ares. Since 2011, Diana has fought mostly gods(Old, New, Celtic, Dark, etc.). She has other villains but writers keep taking the easy road and having her fight gods instead of modernizing and developing her non-deity rogues such as Queen Clea, Osira, Baron Blitzkreig, Gundra, Red Panzer, Armegeddon, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, White Magician, The Mask, Hypnota aka Hypnotic Woman, Dark Angel, Nuclear, Red Dragon, Sharkeeta, and Baroness Paula Von Gunther.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've been a pretty big fan since Air and yeah, Nord's fan since Conan. Despite liking very many creators and properties, it's very rare that I get the feeling I will get into a book for the long haul, but that's really what I'm expecting.

And so...

Tom King - writer of the Vision, now writing Batman
    Brian Bendis - writer of Daredevil, now writing Superman
    G. Willow Wilson - writer of Ms. Marvel, now writing Wonder Woman

This sounds like great news to me. Glad to hear she's using Steve, although Ares doesn't send me.
    On the other hand, if the Ares story is a means of getting Diana interacting with Themiscyra again that would be great.
    I'd like to see her interacting with Hippolyta and the other Amazons now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I don't mind that ether to be honest. I just want to see a Big Super Hero Spectacle. I'm tired of her battling gods etc. Give me space monsters or other Super Power Villians. I'd even take seeing Circe again.
    Fighting gods is as much "Big Super Hero Spectacle" as you can get. Thor does that and is considered a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm a bit concerned that she's starting out her run with Wonder Woman interacting with Ares. Since 2011, Diana has fought mostly gods(Old, New, Celtic, Dark, etc.). She has other villains but writers keep taking the easy road and having her fight gods instead of modernizing and developing her non-deity rogues such as Queen Clea, Osira, Baron Blitzkreig, Gundra, Red Panzer, Armegeddon, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, White Magician, The Mask, Hypnota aka Hypnotic Woman, Dark Angel, Nuclear, Red Dragon, Sharkeeta, and Baroness Paula Von Gunther.
    For starters they have names like Sumo the Samurai.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think it would be a cool twist if Ares is revealed to have reformed Grail, she becomes an anti-hero/strained ally to Wonder Woman, only for Ares to tragically fall back to villainy again. I don't want Ares permanently reformed. He should be 1a to Circe's 1b in regards to Diana's arch-nemesis.
    So I take it that makes Cheetha 1c ?

That is a total G. Willow Wilson line .

Her Vixen mini was quite good iirc. Starting out with Ares disappoints me a little, especially because I liked his redemption at the end of Rucka's run and am sick of all the gods. I hope Wilson uses more of Diana's classic rogues after Ares.

Still I'm excited for her, and I hope she does well.

That is so delightfully dorky. :P

This is fantastic news, I literally screamed when I saw it on twitter. She is great for Wonder Woman and knowing she will build from Rucka's foundation is everything I need.

I read three volumes of her Ms. Marvel series and loved 2 of them. Wasn't particularly fond of the way villains were treated (maybe because of the teenage focus) but her character work for Kamala and her family and friends is just great. I HOPE she gets a chance to work with the Wonder family. And by that I mean return to Themyscira and use Donna and Cassie.

Oh gods. I'm feeling great. Today is a great day, guys. This will likely become one of the best WW runs for a lot of people.