Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

I hope no one reboots Diana. I mean so far all the rebirth writers hasn’t started at ground zero. Just growing the foundation or stepping away and touching once some of Diana’s other mythos. I really hope she gets her own editor

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Rucka established no such thing, we didn’t actually see the Gods bestow gifts on Wonder Woman did we, what happened in that holding cell is therefore open to debate. What we do know beyond the shadow of a doubt is that Diana is still the daughter of Zeus and if her brother was born with powers, it stands to reason that she was too
    Politely, we are talking about a Greek god fathering an Amazon's twins.

Whatever you think "Stands To Reason..."?

Probably a non-issue once I factor in the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

There's something like 50 children Zeus had with mortals, with varied (or no) powers. Hercules could hold up the heavens, Perseus got all the cool toys, Helen was just hot

There has never really been any rhyme or reason to what Zeus's children could do.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...oman-58-movie/

From that review, I'm maybe not thinking so much of the movie as about the opening of Pérez's run with Diana's first adventure in Man's WorldThis sounds rather similar, though based on the experiences from Yugoslavia or Rwanda rather than the Cold War. That's not a bad approach to starting a new run.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

And yet it’s all but certain that Wonder Woman inherited her powers from Zeus as far as Geoff Johns and Robinson are concerned, I’d bet the farm on it. You don’t need Zeus just for baby gravy...

And yet it’s all but certain that Wonder Woman inherited her powers from Zeus as far as Geoff Johns and Robinson are concerned, I’d bet the farm on it. You don’t need Zeus just for baby gravy...
    Bet a farm, a box of Jellybeans, whatever...

Even if we have other Demigods that we could maybe base an assumption on, we have exactly one set of twins who have one god and one Amazon for parents.

Trying to make any assumption involving that singularity is pointless. You are talking about something that you have no other examples of to base anything on.

Never mind being able to decide anything is actually a "Certainty".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

If you're right about Comics Diana, it's all the more reason for me to loathe the Zeus origin.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Bet a farm, a box of Jellybeans, whatever...

Even if we have other Demigods that we could maybe base an assumption on, we have exactly one set of twins who have one god and one Amazon for parents.

Trying to make any assumption involving that singularity is pointless. You are talking about something that you have no other examples of to base anything on.

Never mind being able to decide anything is actually a "Certainty".
    Trying to make an assumption is pointless.

It all depends of what G. Wilson and DC plan for the character.

- If they want Wonder Woman to have her powers inherited from Zeus, that would happen.

- If they want her powers being gifts from the gods, that would happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...oman-58-movie/
    I like what I read in that review. The Wonder Woman title has gone through so much in this past decade or so, and with each run her mythos becomes more and more self-contraditory (and, dare I say, it is non-existent right now). Not ignoring what came before is a great first step.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear she was blessed by the godly menagerie that showed up while she was imprisoned.
    It was. Diana says to Barbara: "my patrons came to my cell and they gave me gifts", then she showcases powers she didn't have before. How there could be any doubt about what happened there?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    It was. Diana says to Barbara: "my patrons came to my cell and they gave me gifts", then she showcases powers she didn't have before. How there could be any doubt about what happened there?

Right? It's not like Diana had a new iPad or tupperware set in her cell after the gods left.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right? It's not like Diana had a new iPad or tupperware set in her cell after the gods left.
    TUPPERWARE OF THE GODS! Look, I can fit my ambrosia sandwich in it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That tends to be my take.

If Diana is aware that there was some other possibility for what those "Gifts" were, nothing in the story has pointed to that. If anything it has pointed towards Diana's powers being those gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I kinda wish this was an actual thing just for the sheer whimsy. XD