Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Some more tweets from Wilson:

I've written 8 issues of Wonder Woman thus far and I have only juuuussst gotten comfortable enough with her voice to start incorporating more 'internal monologue' captions (formerly thought bubbles).

It's so easy to overdo the gravitas with a character like this that I've been finding other ways to imply her thoughts. But I think I'm finding a happy medium now.
    Q: I want to interview you about how your internal conversation has shifted, Ms Marvel to WW.

A: IT'S SO DIFFERENT! Ms Marvel is constantly chatting to the reader in a way that almost breaks the 4th wall. Wonder Woman is a lot more somber. No, somber is the wrong word. Restrained.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Solid writing things for Diana!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

What do you guys think she will retcon ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think she will retcon ?
    Lmao has that become such a time-honored Wondy tradition that we gotta ask it of each new writer? I honestly don’t expect her to retcon much. I’d be happy to see Jason erased, but I also don’t want any more changes or retellings of Diana’s origin for a loooong time. So I hope Wilson just does the Marvel Method of not talking about him long enough that everyone forgets him and he gets retconned out that way.

She looks like she’s set to heavily follow up what Rucka was doing in Rebirth and that’s interesting to me. She doesn’t have to clean up any of Johns dropped plot threads, and Robinson’s run was mercifully rather forgettable overall. She’s got a wide open sandbox to play in, and with Cheetah and Circe being used elsewhere, she looks set to focus on Cale. I hope she doesn’t focus on the gods for the entire run and she gets a new artist because Nord is really bad here imo.

To be honest right now I hope most of the rebirth writers keep doing what they are doing. By that I mean even not touch upon was said or touch or it briefly. If she does retcon it should be done tastefully. When other writers have done retcon it never made sense and took away so many good aspects.

BANNED
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-14-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Hopefully Marvel will be completing her run with Ms Marvel Omnibus vol.2

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Interesting.

There seems to be a general idea these days that it has to suck to be a super hero. I mean you literally can’t have any fun at all, unless your in your teens and are just waiting for tragedy to shatter you and turn you into a brooding mess.
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-25-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Interesting.

There seems to be epa general idea these days that it has to suck to be a super hero. I mean you literally can’t have any fun at all, unless your in your teens and are just waiting for tragedy to shatter you and turn you into a brooding mess.
    I don't get where in her tweet she says it has to suck to be a superhero. She admits somber isn't the right word, and says restrained fits better. That's not a word that tells us Wonder Woman's life sucks.

Interesting.

There seems to be epa general idea these days that it has to suck to be a super hero. I mean you literally can’t have any fun at all, unless your in your teens and are just waiting for tragedy to shatter you and turn you into a brooding mess.
    Gotta try to rope the Batman & Spider-Man fanboys in and the way DC/Marvel heads think they can do that is by making them miserable. Least they haven’t killed Hippolyta yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't get where in her tweet she says it has to suck to be a superhero. She admits somber isn't the right word, and says restrained fits better. That's not a word that tells us Wonder Woman's life sucks.
    Yeah, but why restrained? Makes her sound like she should be in an episode of “ Downton Abbey”.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta try to rope the Batman & Spider-Man fanboys in and the way DC/Marvel heads think they can do that is by making them miserable. Least they haven’t killed Hippolyta yet.
    As a mother, Polly is relatively safe , statistically speaking. There are warehouses of refrigerators stuffed with heroes’ fathers/father figures.

Yeah, but why restrained? Makes her sound like she should be in an episode of “ Downton Abbey”.
    *shrug* Even if she's a professional writer, even they sometimes have a hard time finding the right words, especially in a short exchange (perhaps especially in a short exchange). And restrained is not that bad a word, especially when done in comparison to another character like Ms Marvel.

restrained: adjective: characterized by reserve or moderation; unemotional or dispassionate

Now, Diana's certainly not unemotional. But dispassioned certainly fits, especially for her outward manners. She has plenty of emotions, but she is always aware of them and does not let them rule her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    *shrug* Even if she's a professional writer, even they sometimes have a hard time finding the right words, especially in a short exchange (perhaps especially in a short exchange). And restrained is not that bad a word, especially when done in comparison to another character like Ms Marvel.

restrained: adjective: characterized by reserve or moderation; unemotional or dispassionate

Now, Diana's certainly not unemotional. But dispassioned certainly fits, especially for her outward manners. She has plenty of emotions, but she is always aware of them and does not let them rule her.
    That is ONE interpretation; and frankly, I think, more in keeping with Batman.

The Amazons are not a dispassionate group. The entire point of their culture is as a counterpoint to exactly that kind of thinking. It is articulated quite clearly here...

That is ONE interpretation; and frankly, I think, more in keeping with Batman.

The Amazons are not a dispassionate group. The entire point of their culture is as a counterpoint to exactly that kind of thinking. It is articulated quite clearly here...

Well it is an interpretation that is keeping in line with how Diana has been written, so Wilson isn't off the mark. And as pointed our by seige, it doesn't mean Diana's life sucks.