Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Oooo~ Superhero Sandman is something ive long wanted to see with Wonder Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Ooooh me too, I've been dreaming about that, I am so excited about her run

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You mean "A typical article from that cesspit"?
    Erm, he's usually got the goods. And he publishes follow-ups when the stories change or his sources change their tune.

He called the New 52, Rebirth, let's see what else....

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Erm, he's usually got the goods. And he publishes follow-ups when the stories change or his sources change their tune.

He called the New 52, Rebirth, let's see what else....
    He's called a bunch of stuff that didn't happen, too. He has admitted as much, but understandably doesn't bring as much attention to it.

But being right or wrong isn't why I call it a cesspit. It's the general scumminess of the writing and attitudes of the staff, trolling fans.

I should also say if he shows up here to demand I tell him why I don't like him, I won't respond.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Wait a minute.......... back up a few lines.
    A talking pegasus?....... That's sassy ...................... YES !
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 10-19-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Wait a minute.......... back up a few lines.
    A talking pegasus?....... That's sassy ...................... YES !
    Reading that again, it's possible that Wilson chose to use the Pegasus.

Heck, she can go back to the origin myth about Pegasus, and have him "birthed" by Medusa after Diana decapitated her in Rucka's Stoned. If you want Greek mythology with your Wonder Woman, that's the way to go: all-in and bring all the weird and goofy things there into your stories.

The Percy Jackson novels also featured a sassy, talking Pegasus.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I liked that too. The character lends herself to that kind of storytelling very well. I'm disappointed we never got Gaiman himself on her.

I can't wait to see how Wilson combines the mythological aspects of WW with her the more standard superhero stuff. It makes me hopeful that she's going to revamp some of the property's original villains by tying them into myth related stuff. It honestly shouldn't be that hard to do for a lot of them.

And the big elephant in the room for me is what the new status quo for Themyscira means for Veronica Cale and Izzy. Wilson mentioned Veronica in one of her interviews, that's pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I liked that too. The character lends herself to that kind of storytelling very well. I'm disappointed we never got Gaiman himself on her.

I can't wait to see how Wilson combines the mythological aspects of WW with her the more standard superhero stuff. It makes me hopeful that she's going to revamp some of the property's original villains by tying them into myth related stuff. It honestly shouldn't be that hard to do for a lot of them.

And the big elephant in the room for me is what the new status quo for Themyscira means for Veronica Cale and Izzy. Wilson mentioned Veronica in one of her interviews, that's pretty telling.
    Its especially easy since the golden age had established that the gods would simply select champions amongst the mortals and empower them into the role with special abilities. With the most notable of them being Doctor Psycho who was the champion of the Duke of Deception.
    This was also the rationale behind later villain Silver Swan and hero Bombardier who were empowered by Ares.

Hmm...Makes me wonder if Mercy Graves might pop up with her Amazon origin. It would be interesting if she worked for Cale.

I want them to bring Amazon Training back...

Hmm...Makes me wonder if Mercy Graves might pop up with her Amazon origin. It would be interesting if she worked for Cale.
    I'd be fine with that. I also don't much care for the iterations of Lex Luthor that allow Mercy to be associated with him, much as I might like her herself. Cale can fill the "evil business person" niche Lex sometimes fills and can borrow Mercy, while he goes back to being a supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I want them to bring Amazon Training back...
    They should, and they should establish that all Amazons are super human and can get pretty close to Diana's level of power without a demigod boost. In fact, I think it should be the Amazon training that makes Diana the mightiest of Zeus's offspring. He has plenty of bastards, and not all of them get super strength like Hercules, no reason it should automatically be true for her.

Unfortunately, Rucka already established the "diving gifts from the patrons" thing.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Rucka established no such thing, we didn’t actually see the Gods bestow gifts on Wonder Woman did we, what happened in that holding cell is therefore open to debate. What we do know beyond the shadow of a doubt is that Diana is still the daughter of Zeus and if her brother was born with powers, it stands to reason that she was too

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Rucka established no such thing, we didn’t actually see the Gods bestow gifts on Wonder Woman did we, what happened in that holding cell is therefore open to debate. What we do know beyond the shadow of a doubt is that Diana is still the daughter of Zeus and if her brother was born with powers, it stands to reason that she was too
    Did we see it?

No.

Did Diana lie to us?

No.

"Our gods, yes! They who protect and care for us. She of the grain, Demeter, and he of the forge, Hephaestus, he was as a mouse! A white mouse. He sat in my palm, Barbara Ann Minerva! And heavenly Aphrodite adn fleet-footed Hermes. He wore a tortoise! And they gave me gifts..."

Next panel is her casually ripping the bars off of her cell and she repeats.

"They gave me gifts."

It was exceedingly clear that her strength was such a gift, and that the other gods who visited her in the cell also gave her such gifts.

I don't need to see such things when the main character describes them in detail and then demonstrates the 'gifts.'

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Did we see it?

No.

Did Diana lie to us?

No.

"Our gods, yes! They who protect and care for us. She of the grain, Demeter, and he of the forge, Hephaestus, he was as a mouse! A white mouse. He sat in my palm, Barbara Ann Minerva! And heavenly Aphrodite adn fleet-footed Hermes. He wore a tortoise! And they gave me gifts..."

Next panel is her casually ripping the bars off of her cell and she repeats.

"They gave me gifts."

It was exceedingly clear that her strength was such a gift, and that the other gods who visited her in the cell also gave her such gifts.

I don't need to see such things when the main character describes them in detail and then demonstrates the 'gifts.'
    Well for all we know, they might've unblocked her inborn superpowers which to her seemed like divine gifts
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 10-21-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Well for all we know, they might've unblocked her inborn superpowers which to her seemed like divine gifts
    Until it's further clarified, we have no reason to think that that's the case. As it is now, she either didn't have any divine strength before Year One or didn't have enough to create a significant gap between her and the other Amazons, and then Athena lead the patrons in granting her powers.

Jason may have had inherent powers due to his connection with Zeus. But I'm fine with quietly pretending Jason never existed, so...