Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I'm hoping there will be no more rebooting and each of the writers built off each other. I want Diana to have a editor.

That Bleedingcool article sounds just like rumours, and there is a paragraph that just ends in thin air. There are also statements that I can't understand (what does he mean with "the interlinking that Rebirth began with"). Besides, both Orlando's and Tynion's short runs were well-received, so the "disquiet over quality" must have been over Robinson's run.

To me, it reads more like a game of telephone based on overheard bar conversations.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    To me, it reads more like a game of telephone based on overheard bar conversations.
    You mean "A typical article from that cesspit"?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You mean "A typical article from that cesspit"?
    Nah, I have more stringent demands for my cesspits.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That Bleedingcool article sounds just like rumours, and there is a paragraph that just ends in thin air. There are also statements that I can't understand (what does he mean with "the interlinking that Rebirth began with"). Besides, both Orlando's and Tynion's short runs were well-received, so the "disquiet over quality" must have been over Robinson's run.

I think the quality of Fontana's arc may be part of the above questioning as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What three different teams is he talking about? This article makes no sense. Are they supposed to be filler for Wilson or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What three different teams is he talking about? This article makes no sense. Are they supposed to be filler for Wilson or something?
    The manic ramblings of someone whose treating rumors as gospel with no information beyond 'oh theres other creative teams but nobody knows anyone else is working on the book and the other teams dont know about G Willow Wilson and its so secret that not even we know!'

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think the quality of Fontana's arc may be part of the above questioning as well.
    I thought Fontana's short run was decent. Not great, but at least it built up some of her old cast, featured Diana acting in Man's World, had some interesting premises, and it set up Orlando's stellar #51. Compared to Rucka it was only so-so, but to Robinson it was great.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I thought Fontana's short run was decent. Not great, but at least it built up some of her old cast, featured Diana acting in Man's World, had some interesting premises, and it set up Orlando's stellar #51. Compared to Rucka it was only so-so, but to Robinson it was great.

That's just it. We went from Rucka's run(great) to Fontana's run( so so - I thought it was "blah" personally) to Robinson's run(so so) to Orlando's run(great). I hope Willow takes this book to new heights but I'm not very optimistic with her using the public domain Olympians to kick off her run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fontana and Orlando were both just “ok”. I don’t hold it against them because they didn’t have much room to build up stories with their short runs. Neither was anything special though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fontana and Orlando were both just “ok”. I don’t hold it against them because they didn’t have much room to build up stories with their short runs. Neither was anything special though.
    I thought #51 was really good, but the stuff after that was just "fun/ok". Better than Robinson, but not exciting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Orlando would probably do better with a longer run, but he was just hired to do serviceable filler. I'd be ok if he took over a second ongoing like Sensation Comics. His use of obscure Bronze Age characters was fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Orlando would probably do better with a longer run, but he was just hired to do serviceable filler. I'd be ok if he took over a second ongoing like Sensation Comics. His use of obscure Bronze Age characters was fun though.
    That might be fun.

Wilson is on sick leave, but that isn't keeping her from Twitter:

The first issue in my Wonder Woman run (with the great Cary Nord on art, the Dodsons on covers, and a fantastic rotating cast of variant cover artists) lands next month! Can't believe it's almost here.

Several people have asked me if this run will be new reader friendly. The answer is: mostly. We're not changing up current continuity--in other words, we're not doing another origin story, because Diana's had plenty--but you don't need to know all the gritty details to enjoy.

I will be doing a History of Wonder Woman: GIF Edition thread the week Issue #58 comes out, so if you need a refresher before you jump on board, that will be available to you.

Another question I've been asked frequently is is whether this run will skew more high fantasy or more war-and-political-intrigue, and friends, all I can say is I spent my teen years reading nothing but British Invasion comics that did both. (SANDMAN, SHADE, PREACHER etc).

In fact, as I sat down to write the first issue, I told myself "Try not to make this into superhero SANDMAN" and I'm not entirely sure I succeeded BUT by that same token, if you like sassy talking pegasus type stuff with your superhero action, you are in for a treat

Not so much poor Cary, who has had to draw more horses than he probably bargained for

Wilson is on sick leave, but that isn't keeping her from Twitter:
    That encourages me. I hope she isn’t out sick long.