Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 241 to 249 of 249
  1. #241
    Fantastic Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Oooo~ Superhero Sandman is something ive long wanted to see with Wonder Woman!

  2. #242
    Amazing Member WonderSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Oooo~ Superhero Sandman is something ive long wanted to see with Wonder Woman!
    Ooooh me too, I've been dreaming about that, I am so excited about her run

  3. #243
    Marston > Kirby Vaffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You mean "A typical article from that cesspit"?
    Erm, he's usually got the goods. And he publishes follow-ups when the stories change or his sources change their tune.

    He called the New 52, Rebirth, let's see what else....

  4. #244
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Erm, he's usually got the goods. And he publishes follow-ups when the stories change or his sources change their tune.

    He called the New 52, Rebirth, let's see what else....
    He's called a bunch of stuff that didn't happen, too. He has admitted as much, but understandably doesn't bring as much attention to it.

    But being right or wrong isn't why I call it a cesspit. It's the general scumminess of the writing and attitudes of the staff, trolling fans.

    I should also say if he shows up here to demand I tell him why I don't like him, I won't respond.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  5. #245
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Wait a minute.......... back up a few lines.
    A talking pegasus?....... That's sassy ...................... YES !
    Last edited by My Two Cents; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.

  6. #246
    Incredible Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Wait a minute.......... back up a few lines.
    A talking pegasus?....... That's sassy ...................... YES !
    Reading that again, it's possible that Wilson chose to use the Pegasus.

    Heck, she can go back to the origin myth about Pegasus, and have him "birthed" by Medusa after Diana decapitated her in Rucka's Stoned. If you want Greek mythology with your Wonder Woman, that's the way to go: all-in and bring all the weird and goofy things there into your stories.

  7. #247
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,849

    Default

    The Percy Jackson novels also featured a sassy, talking Pegasus.

  8. #248
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Oooo~ Superhero Sandman is something ive long wanted to see with Wonder Woman!
    I liked that too. The character lends herself to that kind of storytelling very well. I'm disappointed we never got Gaiman himself on her.

    I can't wait to see how Wilson combines the mythological aspects of WW with her the more standard superhero stuff. It makes me hopeful that she's going to revamp some of the property's original villains by tying them into myth related stuff. It honestly shouldn't be that hard to do for a lot of them.

    And the big elephant in the room for me is what the new status quo for Themyscira means for Veronica Cale and Izzy. Wilson mentioned Veronica in one of her interviews, that's pretty telling.

  9. #249
    Fantastic Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I liked that too. The character lends herself to that kind of storytelling very well. I'm disappointed we never got Gaiman himself on her.

    I can't wait to see how Wilson combines the mythological aspects of WW with her the more standard superhero stuff. It makes me hopeful that she's going to revamp some of the property's original villains by tying them into myth related stuff. It honestly shouldn't be that hard to do for a lot of them.

    And the big elephant in the room for me is what the new status quo for Themyscira means for Veronica Cale and Izzy. Wilson mentioned Veronica in one of her interviews, that's pretty telling.
    Its especially easy since the golden age had established that the gods would simply select champions amongst the mortals and empower them into the role with special abilities. With the most notable of them being Doctor Psycho who was the champion of the Duke of Deception.
    This was also the rationale behind later villain Silver Swan and hero Bombardier who were empowered by Ares.

    Hmm...Makes me wonder if Mercy Graves might pop up with her Amazon origin. It would be interesting if she worked for Cale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •