Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I don't follow Ms. Marvel, but GWW's Air was an underrated gem. The tone (upbeat, quirky and adventurous) that she used in Air would be an appropriate fit for Wonder Woman. Diana's flagship book should never be grim and gritty, that's just not who the character is or should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I said this before when the rumors first came out, but I'm curious if she might do anything with the Wonder Girls.

I think she could probably do a great job revamping Cassie.
    Maybe a new Wonder Girl that's a minority or an undocumented migrant. I could see GWW making WW's world a little more ethnically diverse. I suppose BlackEtta can be considered a start if they utilize her more.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 07-15-2018 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Yes, Air was amazing.

I'm interested in seeing how she adjusts to writing WW and her mythos.

I believe G Willow Wilson will deliver (if not the best) one of the best Wonder Woman runs ever.
    She was born to write Wonder Woman like Walter Simonson was born to write Thor and
    Frank Miller was born to write Batman and Geoff John was born to write Green Lantern and
    Alan Moore was born to write Swamp Thing and Peter David was born to write Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I believe G Willow Wilson will deliver (if not the best) one of the best Wonder Woman runs ever.
    She was born to write Wonder Woman like Walter Simonson was born to write Thor and
    Frank Miller was born to write Batman and Geoff John was born to write Green Lantern and
    Alan Moore was born to write Swamp Thing and Peter David was born to write Hulk.
    ITA, I'm interested to see what she cooks up and hopefully it ends up being more than 1-2 arcs.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview with G. Willow Wilson and Cary Nord: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-comic-1135351

Yikes, those three panels of Steve during the dream sequence, smiling but getting further away, then the last one his face shrouded in shadow, was legit creepy. Great work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wilson name dropped Rucka and Marston as her two main influences. I like her already, especially by mentioning the latter.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wilson name dropped Rucka and Marston as her two main influences. I like her already, especially by mentioning the latter.
    Same here. A return of the embassy days would be pretty fun (although probably not feasible with Themyscira's current status).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Same here. A return of the embassy days would be pretty fun (although probably not feasible with Themyscira's current status).
    It may be possible actually. Solicits indicate this story is about Ares being suddenly free and what that means for Themyscira. Maybe regular access to it will be restored, and with it the return of the Embassy staff?

She mentioned Veronica Cale, which makes me hopeful we'll be seeing her. Following up with her is a natural thing to do considering access to Themyscira would lead to obvious plot points with her daughter. She also casually mentioned how fun it is to bring back old villains, though she was speaking generally not specific to WW. But I hope its an indication that she's willing to play with the rogues gallery.

A bit wary of Wilson bringing in Ares right off the bat. Never liked him as a villain, I prefer either Rucka's reformed prisoner or Azz's cynical mentor for Ares. Still I have hope that Wilson won't neglect the other rogues just to focus on the gods. After Robinson I'd like a long break from gods, so hopefully Ares won't dominate the story. I want a Circe arc and a Dr. Cyber arc, both need them.

And lmao that is straight-up Chris Pine as Trevor. I'm not complaining though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A bit wary of Wilson bringing in Ares right off the bat. Never liked him as a villain, I prefer either Rucka's reformed prisoner or Azz's cynical mentor for Ares. Still I have hope that Wilson won't neglect the other rogues just to focus on the gods. After Robinson I'd like a long break from gods, so hopefully Ares won't dominate the story. I want a Circe arc and a Dr. Cyber arc, both need them.
    Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Does not compute.
    Circe is one of those mythological characters who straddle the line between the mortal and the divine. If dropped into a tale of gods, she'd likely just be a minor side character.

A lot of discussion here about the villains, but I'd really like to see Wonder Woman's allies and associates get some spotlight and care. Find a happy fun sidekick, like Etta Candy used to be. A mature scholar like Julia Kapatelis or Helena Sandsmark. Maybe dig into some more with the relation to Artemis, now that Orlando has brought her onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Does not compute.
    WHats not to compute? Circe's a sorceress not a goddess. At least that's how it is in DC.