Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

But how long will this creative team be together though? For some reason Superman/Batman can have these long creative teams together that are able to help grow the world and really work on their core cast but WW seems like DC just uses her as a revolving door for writers/artists.

If she is on for the long run (50 issues) then yay! If she plans on working on WWs supporting cast that always gets thrown out then yay!

Yessss. I am very excited about this news. I was planning on dropping WW because of Jason until I heard that Robinson was about to leave. I thought that I'd give the new writer a chance, and, now that I know it's Wilson, I can't wait. I love Ms. Marvel, and think she'll bring a fresh, engaging take on Diana.

Also, I enjoy Orlando's stuff, so I was looking forward to his fill-in arc anyway.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 07-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Willow will actually be taking over in November with issue #58: https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/st...08646033948672

Can a mod edit the title?

Not familiar with her work but I've been waiting on a new creative team to pick up WW. Definitely will give it a shot. Hope it's great.

Incredible Member

Sounds good. It may be enough to make me purchase the WW title once again (although Orlando's upcoming issues do sound interesting too).

Ooh looks like I'm pulling Wonder Woman again.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fighting gods is as much "Big Super Hero Spectacle" as you can get. Thor does that and is considered a superhero.

For starters they have names like Sumo the Samurai.

Sure "Sumo the Samurai" isn't the best name but it's no worse than "First Born", "Moon", or "King Best".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Welcome to Diana's world G. Willow Wilson

I like how he says he made an effort to make sure the book wasn't just about Jason, but then all the interview questions were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sure "Sumo the Samurai" isn't the best name but it's no worse than "First Born", "Moon", or "King Best".
    Those names don't invoke racial stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm a bit concerned that she's starting out her run with Wonder Woman interacting with Ares. Since 2011, Diana has fought mostly gods(Old, New, Celtic, Dark, etc.). She has other villains but writers keep taking the easy road and having her fight gods instead of modernizing and developing her non-deity rogues such as Queen Clea, Osira, Baron Blitzkreig, Gundra, Red Panzer, Armegeddon, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, White Magician, The Mask, Hypnota aka Hypnotic Woman, Dark Angel, Nuclear, Red Dragon, Sharkeeta, and Baroness Paula Von Gunther.
    Unless those characters fit into the story a writer wants to tell, I don't see any reason a writer should have to use them. Let alone put the work into modernizing or developing them just for the sake of doing so.

Never mind that Baron Blitzkrieg/Red Panzer could probably stay in the "Discard" pile, and the world wouldn't be much worse off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Sounds good. It may be enough to make me purchase the WW title once again (although Orlando's upcoming issues do sound interesting too).
    Yeah I think I'm gonna check Orlando's issues out too, they all look and sound pretty good. Hopefully they're can give the title a little momentum leading into Willow.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless those characters fit into the story a writer wants to tell, I don't see any reason a writer should have to use them. Let alone put the work into modernizing or developing them just for the sake of doing so.

Never mind that Baron Blitzkrieg/Red Panzer could probably stay in the "Discard" pile, and the world wouldn't be much worse off for it.
    Some of them I agree will never be more than joke characters like Prankster for Supes or Condiment King for Bats. But that doesn't mean you can't tell a compelling story with them like King's Kite Man. Frankly new rogues that aren't gods or mythological monsters would also be fine.

Very happy for Wilson. I'm an avid Ms. Marvel reader and she plays a role in her success. If she'll bring that same kind of level of talent to WW, then it'll be interesting where the book and character will go.