Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Wow, this is looking SUPER good, both art and plot wise.

I'm not a huge fan of the ponchos, but I LOVED the fractioned X-logo, and how it gave away from the beginning that it was not actually complete with just the 3 of them. I love those kind of details.

Only thing I'm not a fan of is the Cuckoos going back to being the same, BUT, I guess it makes sense considering the situation. Also Esme is back to her evil femme fatale self from Morrison's era. Also, funny how little detail they gave when talking about Sophie's and specially Esme's death. "Killed by a pair or metal earrings" LOL, yeah... and by whom?
    Not even them know for sure who did it. At first it was Magneto, but then it wasn't lol

Astonishing Member

I really liked this issue, and I say it as someone who disliked the Taylor run.
    I don't have a problem with the Cuckoos looking the same, that is what made them unique. They have different personalities when they interact with each other, but they act as the same person with other people.

On the outfit, in Morrison' New X-Men Here Comes Tomorrow, the Cuckoos are revealed to be Weapon XIV version 1/3/4 (which obviously implies Esme and Sophie were 2 and 5) Fantomex was Weapon XIII and Wolverine Weapon X. The Cuckoos also don't age, which is normal for Weapon X subjects, they either have healing factors or age supression ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Not even them know for sure who did it. At first it was Magneto, but then it wasn't lol
    I think Laura is trying to protect Gabby's innocence by not giving her all the gory details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I really liked this issue, and I say it as someone who disliked the Taylor run.
    I don't have a problem with the Cuckoos looking the same, that is what made them unique. They have different personalities when they interact with each other, but they act as the same person with other people.

On the outfit, in Morrison' New X-Men Here Comes Tomorrow, the Cuckoos are revealed to be Weapon XIV version 1/3/4 (which obviously implies Esme and Sophie were 2 and 5) Fantomex was Weapon XIII and Wolverine Weapon X. The Cuckoos also don't age, which is normal for Weapon X subjects, they either have healing factors or age supression ones.
    Weapon + were also usually more powerful than previous versions...since the Cuckoos come after Fantomex I've always considered them far more powerful. Weapon XV was an uber powerful robot wasn't/isn't he?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Weapon + were also usually more powerful than previous versions...since the Cuckoos come after Fantomex I've always considered them far more powerful. Weapon XV was an uber powerful robot wasn't/isn't he?
    XV was Ultron mixed with magneto. He was cool and I wish he could return.

THESE are the Cuckoos I want. If they're not creepy, keep them.