Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, but it also takes away what makes the Cuckoos unique from all the other telepaths out there. Their hive mind and identical appearance is what sets them apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I agree. I love the Cuckoos and didn't like the basic attempt to differentiate them with hair color. Their whole hook is that they're quintuplets or triplets; they should look the same.
    But even if it was what set them apart to begin with, undoing something that has been their character for the past few years and even carried over after Bendis left with no explanation is lazy. Now if there’s a plot point that explains it, say, Esme subtly manipulating her sisters to reunite as a hive mind to make the expansion of her powers that much easier, sure. But if it’s just left like it is, that’s just lazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But even if it was what set them apart to begin with, undoing something that has been their character for the past few years and even carried over after Bendis left with no explanation is lazy. Now if there’s a plot point that explains it, say, Esme subtly manipulating her sisters to reunite as a hive mind to make the expansion of her powers that much easier, sure. But if it’s just left like it is, that’s just lazy.
    And I'm sure that is the explanation, we're just not there yet (I suspect it won't be until later in the arc that Esme reveals what's really going on).

Astonishing Member

Wasn't that really the Shadow King all along?
    Who knows ? I lost the ability to follow that plot ?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Why?

Is it strange that clones have different personalities?
    They share a hive mind. They’re like onyx but instead of inorganic material, their brain shares five bodies each with a different aspect of telepathy. Not personality. They characters are way more interesting collectively than individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They are a hive-mind whether their hair colors are different or not.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They are a hive-mind whether their hair colors are different or not.
    I’m more so speaking of their individuality weakening it. After all, by definition, a hive mind is shared as a whole rather than individual.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book has no business looking as good as it does. If only the main books had an artist of this caliber. I was impressed
    Yes. I thought it was stellar!
    And this was an excellent first/introductory issue. I will definitely consider adding this to my pull-list.

Astonishing Member

No, but it also takes away what makes the Cuckoos unique from all the other telepaths out there. Their hive mind and identical appearance is what sets them apart.
    ...kinda agree with that...

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    They share a hive mind. They’re like onyx but instead of inorganic material, their brain shares five bodies each with a different aspect of telepathy. Not personality. They characters are way more interesting collectively than individually.
    Well I can not disagree three in one really makes them unique but somewhat scary . On the other hand think it is natural they mature and begin to differentiate more and more while grow as people through their experiences.

Loved this issue. Laura needed a break from Tom Taylor. Gabby finally feels like a real character. The Cuckoos are as creepy as ever. I prefer them this way. Much more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well I can not disagree three in one really makes them unique but somewhat scary . On the other hand think it is natural they mature and begin to differentiate more and more while grow as people through their experiences.
    On top of that, their evolution past Three in One I to individuals could be seen as them evolving past the fact that they were created as a weapon.

Spectacular Member

Didn't Esme redeem herself in Chaos War? Somebody didn't do their research...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Frankly, no one cares about Chaos War.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

After reading this comic for a second time in preparation for a review on my blog, I couldn't help but notice a whole bunch of easter eggs in the art. You've got a guy taking a selfie in front of the car that the rocket man landed on. At the Xavier Institute, there are two text books being carried by students, titled "William Blake" and "Nudism 101". People have already commented on all the falafel puns. And the doctor's laptop comes from the "Dull" brand of computers. I wouldn't be surprised if there's something else I'm missing.

Seriously, great art work all-round.

This was such a good issue! Great art, great writing! Yay!