Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I really enjoyed this first issue. Tamaki nicely picks up where Tom Taylor left off. The Alchemax plot is still ongoing and I was growing tired of it for a while, but the inclusion of the Stepford Cuckoos has me interested again. The return of Esme and Sophie definitely shake things up a bit. If they're going to clash with X-23, it's bound to get personal. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I still wish we got some insight into why Laura is going by X-23 again. I'm hoping there's a reason behind that. Maybe it won't become clear until Logan is officially back with his new series. But I hope it comes up at some point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Exquisite.
    Top to bottom. Start to finish. My biggest concern is that Cabal and Woodard will be reassigned to some title I don't care about after the first arc, but I'm gonna REVEL in their collective glory until/if that time comes.

This. Ish. Was. So. Gorge
    My big question: Is it the ARTIST or the LETTERER who does the SFX? Because whomever it is, they are killing it too.

Cabal's mastery of body movement in these action sequences is so deftly rendered that I'm just losing my mind and the details -- the DETAILS -- are just incredible. And this speaks massively to Tamaki's consideration to the character -- the importance of showing that after Laura has taken down her falling/flying assailant, she then BINDS HIM before moving on to locate and aid Gabby. That is a terrific detail!
    Woodard continues to elevate Cabal's AMAZING LINE WORK -- applying and extracting temperature to create mood and incite just the right reaction from the viewer. I mean, the use of light to convey the POWER of Laura's elbow making contact with her opponent, to knock them unconscious, is just superb.

Assorted YES's:
    Laura's hair. YES.
    Achilles take down. YES.
    The new outfits: YES
    Cuckoo uniformity and X PONCHOS: I am LIVING FOR THESE LATEX BODY SUITS AND X-PONCHOS YOU CREEPY F**ING CUCKOOS!!!! YAAAAAS!
    The humor. The Hony Bdgr knucks. The emotional beats. The creepy ass cathedral looking hideout. SO. MUCH. YES.

I cannot wait for more.

Read it now, I thought this was really great reat. I love Laura, Gabby and the Cuckoos, and the plot is very intriguing and all the focus on the ~clone experience~ is really interesting. Tamaki's voice for Laura it's pretty good imo, I love her narration. I think the tone really feels like a middle ground between Taylor's ANW and the darker X-23 stuff, I hope it continues like that.

I kind of have a problem with Laura calling herself X-23(wouldn't mind if it was just the title of the book but she didn't use any codename in-story) again, but I find it really annoying that some people just keep talking about that instead of focusing on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    SO glad the cuckoos are back to being identical. The attempt to differentiate them made zero sense.
    This!

And she is X23 because she is x23. That’s here code name. Why would that be a problem?

Good start. It definitely felt like a continuation of Taylor’s work, to me anyway.

I just hope Tamaki expands the series, and we get more interaction with X characters going forward.

I’m all about “play the greatest hits”. But add new stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    And she is X23 because she is x23. That’s here code name. Why would that be a problem?
    The rest of your comment shows you read Taylor's ANW, so the real question here is how is that a question for you lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Because thematically it would be like Magneto going by his number from the camps. If she's "reclaiming" it, fine, but it's something that should be addressed in-story after how emphatically she rejected it in the past.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

For me personally i wish they would mention the change but at the same time i dont care lol. I always called her x23 anyway. Even when she was ANW.

On the issue. I thought it was ok. I wish there was memtion of the cuckoos re ent past. Its like tamaki on
    Y read morrisons stuff not bendis changing them. Thats a little irksome.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    For me personally i wish they would mention the change but at the same time i dont care lol. I always called her x23 anyway. Even when she was ANW.

On the issue. I thought it was ok. I wish there was memtion of the cuckoos re ent past. Its like tamaki on
    It's only the first issue, I'm sure we're going to learn more about why they changed back to their identical appearance and behavior as the arc progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post

Not the greatest expert on the cuckoos, but what was the impetus for their "individuality" anyway?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because thematically it would be like Magneto going by his number from the camps. If she's "reclaiming" it, fine, but it's something that should be addressed in-story after how emphatically she rejected it in the past.
    Can we not make that comparison? That’s a bit much. “Thematically” or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Can we not make that comparison? That’s a bit much. “Thematically” or not.
    ...Why? Do you not think what Laura has gone through was bad enough? LOL.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I might stick around for the Cuckoos and judge Tamaki on her second arc. The slight regression to them being in sync helps for this plot so I'll let it slide.

The art is pretty good but Marvel always pulls this crap with first arcs.

BANNED

It was good very creepy tho

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Why? Do you not think what Laura has gone through was bad enough? LOL.
    The differences should be obvious. I’m not going to get into it. I just find it a distasteful comparison, and I’m leaving it at that.