Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Folks! We are two issues in. Calm! Down!

I know this is old school of me in the give-me-the-fan-what-you-should-have-guessed-what-I-wanted era, but let's at least give the crew four more issues to see what it is we got here.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It is?
    Could have fooled me.
    Is the "Carter Hall" we have based on the original Golden Age/JSA member of the past, or is he more of the post-Zero Hour "CARTER THE BARBARIAN" that seemed to be in the few Geoff Johns stories I read? (More savage than intellectual.)
    He seems much more thoughtful than the Geoff Johns version, thankfully. I like this Carter Hall quite a bit so far.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    He seems much more thoughtful than the Geoff Johns version, thankfully. I like this Carter Hall quite a bit so far.
    Well, that's good to know.
    I'm trade-waiting this because I'm not sure I trust Venditti/DC about this "direction".
    (Also, when I glanced through issue #1 at the store, I wasn't overly impressed by Hitch's art. It was "okay", and not terribly polarizing/off-putting, but really more mediocre than I expected.)

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Yeah this is definitely not the Savage Hawkman we’ve seen in the modern age. This Carter, while trouble about his mysterious past, seems much more calm and scholarly. Maybe like Orion, there’s a savage side that creeps up in the heat of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah this is definitely not the Savage Hawkman we’ve seen in the modern age. This Carter, while trouble about his mysterious past, seems much more calm and scholarly. Maybe like Orion, there’s a savage side that creeps up in the heat of battle.
    "Savage Hawkman" was the New52 version of Katar Hol, wasn't it?
    (And, again, if he just recently died, how can Carter be "reincarnated" again already?)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He's Carter Hall, but finds out about his life as Katar about halfway through. Thanks to... Rob Liefeld.

"Savage Hawkman" was the New52 version of Katar Hol, wasn't it?
    (And, again, if he just recently died, how can Carter be "reincarnated" again already?)

Because it is revealed that he reincarnate through time and space. So temporal or local or temporal and local reincarnations, I guess. While Carter's incarnation was trapped in the Dark Multiverse, his Katar incarnation still went going and then died.

Is she in Snyder's Justice League run?
    She is. It's Kendra, not Shay, but I'll take it.

My personal favorite Hawkgirls are from the JLU cartoons and the Hawkworld series, but Kendra's okay too. And so far I like what they're doing with this approach for Kendra, who remembers more of her past lives than the last version did and generally seems more useful.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    She is. It's Kendra, not Shay, but I'll take it.

My personal favorite Hawkgirls are from the JLU cartoons and the Hawkworld series, but Kendra's okay too. And so far I like what they're doing with this approach for Kendra, who remembers more of her past lives than the last version did and generally seems more useful.
    YES!!!! Me too!!! I wish only variations of this version was the main focus.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Loved this issue. Writing is great. Art is amazing. Best issue of the month so far for me and only series that I'm actually excited about these days.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Loved this issue. Writing is great. Art is amazing. Best issue of the month so far for me and only series that I'm actually excited about these days.
    It has been a fun book so far. I’m telling you though give Venom a chance! Hands down the best new series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    “Birrrrdman!”

yeah, I think there's room for everything.
    %#@! yeah, Birdman!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I kind of liked Carter Hall and kind of liked Katar Hol and have really liked them smooshed together as one character that takes what's best about Hawkman.

That said, Hawkgirl is cooler

I think Vendetti is off to a good start and Hitch seems like he's got something to prove here. I am enjoying the ride so far.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It has been a fun book so far. I’m telling you though give Venom a chance! Hands down the best new series.
    I felt like I was watching an Indiana Jones movie while reading it. So cool.

Lol. I read the first issue on your recommendation and it was pretty good. I gotta read the other issues now.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Loving this interpretation of Hawkman so far. I will be sticking with it for the first arc or two.