Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could the Immortal Hulk actually be the devil Hulk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Hulk

Just a thought. He kind of has a more maleovalent personality than usual, it seems.

Sure, he isn't exactly all reptilian as represented in Bruce Banner's mind, but we never saw this personality physically be the Hulk; only attempt to trap Banner in a "For the man who has everything"-style dream until the other Hulks snapped him out of it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There were some disturbing aspects of Bruce Banner in this. Bruce seems have overly a low self-esteem, unable to believe reality, or have a backbone (confidence?).

As you say, this Hulk is far too menacing to be anything we’ve seen before. He seems to enjoy threatening people, and injuring them like a bully, and I think that’s very cowardly for a Hulk. Devil Hulk doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Banner looks like he is being possessed by this Hulk, much like Cyttorak and the Juggernaut.

iMan 42s

Hulk has a lot of personas but a thing worth mentioning is that it tends to come back around to Maestro. At least three personas could directly lead to that (barring Grey/Joe because it's the basis for pretty much all Hulks).
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

I think Immortal Hulk would be a good "elseworlds" type of alternate universe Hulk, but I don't really care for it as 616 Hulk. The series is decent so far, and an interesting take, but it just seems too distant from prior version of Banner and the Hulk to be considered mainstream MU.

The idea that it might be Devil Hulk might help make it a bit more palatable (although I didn't much care for Jenkins' run.)

He’s hurting people that deserve it. His anger is focused and precise, not too destructive and random. I’m liking this Hulk.

I wouldn't mind that. I've always loved Devil Hulk, and Ewing, being the continuity nerd that he is, could totally make that reveal compelling and believable.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

I would not say so.
    Gray Hulk had a more maleovant personality as well,so maybe itīs a combination of the Gray Hulk with the Green Hulk?

Last time I read Hulk. Tony and Arno was putting Extremis in his brain. Has that had any effect recently?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I hope not. i hope this Hulk only goes after bad people and is not an outright murderer. But I would like to see this Hulk seek out revenge against Nightmare for all of his harassment over the years. Nightmare deserves to be scared by the Hulk.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It can't be Devil Hulk. That persona wouldn't be concerned about avenging a murdered teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Last time I read Hulk. Tony and Arno was putting Extremis in his brain. Has that had any effect recently?
    That was the Doc Green saga. Secret Wars got rid of that (and Arno).

Yeah, basically the extremis affect was temporary, with the Doc Green Hulk realizing he was losing intelligence towards the end.

By the time of "Totally Awesome Hulk" when he was 'cured' it wasn't really clear what persona he was, although it definetly wasn't the savage version.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Honestly, I've never liked the idea of there being several different Hulk personalities. I understand that it's a consequence of writers after Stan Lee's run turning the character into an idiot and then making the the grey Hulk canon even though he was retconned as always being green. The less Hulk personalities, the better IMO.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I would not say so.
    Gray Hulk had a more maleovant personality as well,so maybe itīs a combination of the Gray Hulk with the Green Hulk?
    Maybe it’s just me, but I saw Gray Hulk (Joe Fixit) as more Tony Soprano than Hannibal Lecter, a garden variety street thug, not a menacing psychopath.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That was the Doc Green saga. Secret Wars got rid of that (and Arno).
    Thanks. Arno is still going to be around.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark