Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

I remember in that issue of Cable where she went with him to the mansion to see Scott and Jean and she likened it to meeting her boyfriends parents and she got really nervous for that, in the middle of a big firefight she's fine, but really personal stuff she gets flustered by, and earlier before a date with Cable her conversation with Siryn showed her nerves even though she knew Cable pretty well by that point...she usually has a dark sense of humor but isn't one to giggle or get all girly about much...

Enjoyable issue, but poor Outlaw and Diamondback
    "They NEED X-Men like me so they can go on their f*cking keyboards and make me bad guy... EMMA FROST"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I remember in that issue of Cable where she went with him to the mansion to see Scott and Jean and she likened it to meeting her boyfriends parents and she got really nervous for that, in the middle of a big firefight she's fine, but really personal stuff she gets flustered by, and earlier before a date with Cable her conversation with Siryn showed her nerves even though she knew Cable pretty well by that point...she usually has a dark sense of humor but isn't one to giggle or get all girly about much...
    Yeah. It'd be good if some writers didn't try to make characters "hip" for the young audience, and just let them act their age. Domino & her pals come off like 19-year-olds on a road trip sometimes, rather than the 35+ year-old killers they are.

Domino's character has taken a Deadpool-like turn in her silliness. And given how often Domino gets annoyed by DP, she shouldn't be as goofy as he is. Really, DP shouldn't be as goofy as he is, but he was flanderized too. lol

But I still give this series props for adding some story to her, unlike Weapon X where she's overly ditsy & teen-like but also lacking any kind of thing that could resemble depth or story that isn't about money.

Mighty Member

Deadpool-like? Is it the movie's fault, ie is this more like movie domino? (No I haven't seen Deadpool yet, I'm a slacker with too much stuff to do.)

I mean Deadpool-like as in a comedy relief character who's mostly about being silly. I think movie Domino was more serious than the one in the comics right now.

Domino has moved into Deadpool & Harley Quinn territory with being too silly and child-like.

Its just Gail Simone's style of humor. It reads the same as her Twitter feed. All her books read the same way.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Amazing Member

Holy crap, you’re absolutely right about the dojo, that is completely embarrassing!

Ultimate Member

That's it, twenty lashes with a wet noodle for you Miss Writer Lady!!!