Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why wasn't Doctor Octopus invited to join the Intelligencia?

Otto would seem to be smarter than Doc Samson and Red Ghost. and he's at least as smart as Egghead. is it just his temperament?

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I don't think Ock would much care to be on a team with guys even approaching his own level of intelligence. His Sinister Sixes were pretty much him leading five high-school dropouts.

BANNED

His planet sized ego is the answer you seek.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Well,in Marvel Heroes game,he was a part of it.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

I'm going with... because the Intelligencia isn't ALL of the best super-genius villains. If it was it'd probably include Doom. Yes, we all know Doom isn't a team player, but still, he is a super-genius.

If I was to write an in-universe reason, they either didn't think to ask him, or couldn't find him when they were getting together.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm going with... because the Intelligencia isn't ALL of the best super-genius villains. If it was it'd probably include Doom. Yes, we all know Doom isn't a team player, but still, he is a super-genius.

If I was to write an in-universe reason, they either didn't think to ask him, or couldn't find him when they were getting together.
    Doom was in the original lineup. He betrayed the others. They later retaliated in a small event.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Well,in Marvel Heroes game,he was a part of it.
    Hmmm, interesting. It would seem that the characters were chosen to somewhat mirror the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Otto would seem to be smarter than Doc Samson and Red Ghost. and he's at least as smart as Egghead. is it just his temperament?

Doc Samson isn't a villain. What would he be doing with the Intelligencia? Do you mean The Leader?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Doc Samson isn't a villain. What would he be doing with the Intelligencia? Do you mean The Leader?
    there was a period where he became basically the savage version of himself.