Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Fleicher Studio's Superman.

I recently watched Fleicher's Superman on YT and i can't help but to feel impressed with how good those cartoon shorts actually were.
    Atmospheric, scary and quite dark at times. The dialogue is limited but it doesn't hurt the show, it actually improves it.
    It is hardly to imagine that these came out when our grandparents were teens!
    The spirit of the forties were depicted excellent and the animation quality is simply spectacular, it can easily eat today's 2d animated attempts for breakfast. The only negative aspect of it was the anti japanese propaganda in a certain episode.
    It was a real same that they didn't made a Batman cartoon, they would have nail it.

My favourite episodes were...
    The Mad Scientist: Lex Luthor's prototype develops a deadly ray and blackmails the city to obey his demands.
    Terror In Midway: Chaos rises in a circus when a gigantic gorilla escapes from captivity.
    Man... the scene were everybody are realising that the gorilla is out for blood is probably the scariest moment in animated history!
    Mechanical Monsters: Giants robots are terrorizing Metropolis.
    The Mummy Strikes: The death of an archaiologist and the wrongly accused assistant for the late doctor brings Clark face to fist with super human giant mummies.
    Excellent dark and scary atmosphere...
    Last edited by Minerboh; 07-12-2018 at 06:26 AM.