Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spoiler from Flash 50 ending and potential DC's future Huge Event

Be warned that I won't use the spoil function, since the title warns you, read the rest at your on risk. The picture only reveal the source of my reflection, nothing more, the text may be more impactful.

So, I want to talk about Inmate:Crisis, that character freed at the end of Flash #50. Someone on DC reddit said that his symbol could be taken as an hint for an Infinite Crisis II and it may be right, which would hint to Superboy-Prime being unleashed I guess. But his powers seemed to be more in line with the Anti-Monitor, who recently died in Darkseid War. So, if it is indeed an Anti-Monitor in Superboy-Prime body, how do you think it happened ?

Personally, my theory is that the last several massive events played into each other :
    • At the end of Darkseid War, the Equation of Anti-Life (EOAL) is left without an host, the Anti-Monitor (Mobius) being freed from it at the death of Darkseid, and then Grail losing her control over it when her resurrected Darkseid's puppet was defeated
    • At the end of Metal, the Source Wall was broken, which may have freed Superboy-Prime, but either sent it hurtling through time or it took him centuries to shake free of the Wall's powers
    • He found the EoAL and merged with it, but Eobard Thawne somehow found a way to contain him in spite of everything in the 25th Century, and he is now breaking free

Of course, one could wonder why Superboy-Prime would merge with the EoAL. My theory and that he still wants to rewrite the Universe as he deems it to be perfect, but his time in the Source Wall cured him of his madness and stupider impulses, allowing him the time to realize that he doesn't have the power to achieve his goal and no ally in the Multiverse. However, he learnt/discovered the EoAL and realized its potential : with it, he would have what it takes to reshape the Universe in his image, perhaps even the Multiverse. However, I don't think that DC would simply do a rehash of the original IC. I think that if they intent to do an IC:II, then Anti-Super will try to make use of the Dark Multiverse and the World Forge. My belief is that, if it is truly what DC has in mind, he'll try to drag in all of the normal Multiverse into the Dark to have enough fuel to create his Perfect World, and to achieve this goal, he'll free Barbatos or make use of the BWL and any other remnant of the Army of Darkness. His sole true opponent could very well end being the aloof and almost lost Doctor Manhattan...

Of course, I may be completely off the rails and Inmate:Crisis is a wholly different character, but since the last few years, Marvel has made use of its most famous events once more (Secret Wars , Civil War 2, Infinity Wars, etc.), so I can see D.C deciding to bank on the success of Metal and Doomsday Clock, at least sales-wise, and the household power of the Infinite Crisis name, in the future.

What do you think of this theory ?

What if the Breaking of the Source Wall gave Prime powers similar to ths Anti Monitor instead of just merging the two

Eh, I guess it could be true, but then again, Darkseid War stated that the Anti-Monitor powers came from the Anti-Life Equation, so I guess Superboy-Prime could have been force-fused with it when the Wall broke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Be warned that I won't use the spoil function, since the title warns you, read the rest at your on risk. The picture only reveal the source of my reflection, nothing more, the text may be more impactful.

So, I want to talk about Inmate:Crisis, that character freed at the end of Flash #50. Someone on DC reddit said that his symbol could be taken as an hint for an Infinite Crisis II and it may be right, which would hint to Superboy-Prime being unleashed I guess. But his powers seemed to be more in line with the Anti-Monitor, who recently died in Darkseid War. So, if it is indeed an Anti-Monitor in Superboy-Prime body, how do you think it happened ?

Personally, my theory is that the last several massive events played into each other :
    • At the end of Darkseid War, the Equation of Anti-Life (EOAL) is left without an host, the Anti-Monitor (Mobius) being freed from it at the death of Darkseid, and then Grail losing her control over it when her resurrected Darkseid's puppet was defeated
    • At the end of Metal, the Source Wall was broken, which may have freed Superboy-Prime, but either sent it hurtling through time or it took him centuries to shake free of the Wall's powers
    • He found the EoAL and merged with it, but Eobard Thawne somehow found a way to contain him in spite of everything in the 25th Century, and he is now breaking free

Of course, one could wonder why Superboy-Prime would merge with the EoAL. My theory and that he still wants to rewrite the Universe as he deems it to be perfect, but his time in the Source Wall cured him of his madness and stupider impulses, allowing him the time to realize that he doesn't have the power to achieve his goal and no ally in the Multiverse. However, he learnt/discovered the EoAL and realized its potential : with it, he would have what it takes to reshape the Universe in his image, perhaps even the Multiverse. However, I don't think that DC would simply do a rehash of the original IC. I think that if they intent to do an IC:II, then Anti-Super will try to make use of the Dark Multiverse and the World Forge. My belief is that, if it is truly what DC has in mind, he'll try to drag in all of the normal Multiverse into the Dark to have enough fuel to create his Perfect World, and to achieve this goal, he'll free Barbatos or make use of the BWL and any other remnant of the Army of Darkness. His sole true opponent could very well end being the aloof and almost lost Doctor Manhattan...

Of course, I may be completely off the rails and Inmate:Crisis is a wholly different character, but since the last few years, Marvel has made use of its most famous events once more (Secret Wars , Civil War 2, Infinity Wars, etc.), so I can see D.C deciding to bank on the success of Metal and Doomsday Clock, at least sales-wise, and the household power of the Infinite Crisis name, in the future.

What do you think of this theory ?
    Super Boy Prime Vs Doctor Manhattan anyone ?

BANNED

Very interesting, I'm really excited

Maybe this will return the multiverse to the "infinite earths" concept basically restoring everything

Intriguing theory.

Bleeding Cool broke rumor of an impending Crisis a while back so that was where my mind went when I saw that last panel. I'm all about the return of Superboy-Prime, especially if Johns is writing the series.

I'd only care to see Prime again if he were swiftly and violently killed off, or to eventually revert him to his pre-Crisis self.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Infinite Crisis II?

Another excuse for Geoff Johns to casually / heartlessly kill off more DC characters without any sort of dignity to their passing?

Or maybe it'll be an excuse for Brian Michael Bendis to put a DC-spin on his ever-"popular" Civil War II?

No matter what'll happen, I must say that a major Crisis is probably brewing, since we now have :
    -A being with a power similar to the Anti-Monitor apparently, whose nickname is (so far) Inmate:Crisis
    -Mandrakk the Dark Monitor making a move in The Unexpected (even if this book is supposed to prevent Crisis events from happening)
    -Tempus Fulginaut dealing with the aftermath of Metal in the boundaries between dimensions and Universes, but noticing how he is weakening compared to his prime
    -Darkseid aligning with the JL for reasons of convenience which are his alone and probably nefarious
    -Barbatos being simply chained in the Dark Multiverse
    -Hawkman having visions of an apocalyptic future with an unknown enemy
    -Doomsday Clock still having to reveal Manhattan and his influence on the DCU

And there is the effects of the Source Wall being broken, the Force Wall too with the new forces, what's happening in JL with the Totality, then with JL Dark and JLO probably beyond Darkseid...

Yeah, I definitively feel that DC is gearing to something really massive in the future.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-12-2018 at 12:48 PM.