Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    601

    Default

    What to stop Jack from picking up boulders or broken wall pieces and throwing them at the orcs? After all he lifted a 700 ton opponent in one episode.

  2. #17
    Cruel & Unusual Dawn Quixotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    45

    Default

    For #4, with Jack's mobility and destructive capabilities, he can easy hop around the battlefield and take out key targets.
    The gates were already destroyed at that point, but he could trash their other siege equipment, letting the city's forces focus on just defending the breached gate while Jack demolishes the forces outside.

    Another factor is, yeah, he's just one guy, but if you're an orc, and you see this crazy untouchable dude show up and judo flip a troll across the field, you're probably going to rout.
    ~ Previously known as Sound Silence

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    What to stop Jack from picking up boulders or broken wall pieces and throwing them at the orcs? After all he lifted a 700 ton opponent in one episode.
    He didn't lift the sumo. He tanked getting body slammed but was pretty well trapped until he tickled his way out iirc.

    The boulder he lifted in "jump good" was probably between 50-100 tons though.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  4. #19
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He didn't lift the sumo. He tanked getting body slammed but was pretty well trapped until he tickled his way out iirc.

    The boulder he lifted in "jump good" was probably between 50-100 tons though.
    Plenty good enough.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Plenty good enough.
    No arguments here
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Probably at least as well as Batgirl

    “Runs away from the half dozen people who even get the reference anymore”
    What does this reference?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What does this reference?
    There was a pre reboot thread where Cass Cain was involved in Helms Deep. It was gooood ^_^
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  8. #23
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What does this reference?
    Cassandra Cain VS Orich Horde Of Isengard I believe.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  9. #24
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    There was a pre reboot thread where Cass Cain was involved in Helms Deep. It was gooood ^_^
    Didn't we also have her fight like 10,000 Stormtroopers?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Didn't we also have her fight like 10,000 Stormtroopers?
    I dont remember! Sad i missed that one :P
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,196

    Default

    God I wish that thread wasn't more or less lost to the internet

    not that topics that invoked that kind of... passion... were confined to one thread. That was the kind that Soap Operus would eat, only for it to spawn into numerous other threads and derail completely different topics

  12. #27
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Didn't we also have her fight like 10,000 Stormtroopers?
    Yeah. Someone made a hilarious diagram for that, demonstrating the fact that she wasn't going to win against that kind of massed blaster-fire (and we still had ridiculous stuff like 'Cass makes a wall of dead stormtroopers'...I mean, come on).

    In return, we had 'Cass versus 10 000 cats' (complete with diagram, I have both somewhere). Then came 'Reverse Curbstomp Thread' where all curbstomps got turned on their head, which allowed me to monkey with the Cass Versus 10 000 Stormtroopers pic for giggles.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  13. #28
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah. Someone made a hilarious diagram for that, demonstrating the fact that she wasn't going to win against that kind of massed blaster-fire (and we still had ridiculous stuff like 'Cass makes a wall of dead stormtroopers'...I mean, come on).

    In return, we had 'Cass versus 10 000 cats' (complete with diagram, I have both somewhere). Then came 'Reverse Curbstomp Thread' where all curbstomps got turned on their head, which allowed me to monkey with the Cass Versus 10 000 Stormtroopers pic for giggles.
    I remember the diagrams. I think I have one of them at home.

    Good times.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •