Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Samurai Jack vs. Middle-Earth

How different would the Tolkien Universe events proceed if Samurai Jack replaced a few key forces?

1: He storms Isengard instead of the Ents

2: He has to defend Helms Deep solo until the Rohirim arrive

3: He fights Smaug solo in Lake Town. No Black Arrows.

4: He arrives to help Gondor instead of the Rohirim

5: vs. ALL the Nazgul

6: vs. The Balrog

7: vs ancient Silmarilion era opponents
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

He’ll kill the second scenario like it’s a bad joke.

Jack literally takes on armies of robots/mooks all the time. Nothing they have is going to stop him from stomping a hole in them something fierce.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

His sword may even do damage to the Nazgul/Balrog. It's specifically the counter of the most evil thing in the Samurai Jack universe.

Also y'know. He's so fast these fellas will never touch him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yep. Jack is a first era tier elf in terms of bad ass and I mean even better than their best. Plus the sword? Dear God The carnage he will bring.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not seeing much that would do much to hinder jack.

Eh, I actually think he might have issues with #2 and #4. Mostly that, while fast, Jack can only be in one place at a time, and the armies are not concentrating on him. I can see him holding a location just fine in #2, but have half-a-dozen holes open in the walls and the enemy forces simply bypassing him. And #4 is a matter of mass, I think. Jack would take out everything he runs into, but it is going to take time to do so. A single charging warrior will also not cause the Mordor army to pause and reposition itself like the Rohirim did, so the pressure they took off Gondor by charging will not be present in this case.

Slightly old saying but, "All the planes in the air don't matter if you don't have boots on the ground." Jack has the offensive capacity to cause great havok, but he lacks the quantity that the armies he is replacing have that lets them hold ground effectively.

Now, give him a few days to win over the locals, study the environment, prep for the attack, and inspire the locals to fight, and I can see him swinging things back in his and his allies' favor.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

If he got prep he could take the armies. He entrenched/fortified the battle ground against robot bugs in the first episode. It was brutal.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    If he got prep he could take the armies. He entrenched/fortified the battle ground against robot bugs in the first episode. It was brutal.
    giving how little time jack had to prep for that army and the available resources of helm's deep, he could do some damage to the urukai (sp) before they even hit the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Eh, I actually think he might have issues with #2 and #4. Mostly that, while fast, Jack can only be in one place at a time, and the armies are not concentrating on him. I can see him holding a location just fine in #2, but have half-a-dozen holes open in the walls and the enemy forces simply bypassing him. And #4 is a matter of mass, I think. Jack would take out everything he runs into, but it is going to take time to do so. A single charging warrior will also not cause the Mordor army to pause and reposition itself like the Rohirim did, so the pressure they took off Gondor by charging will not be present in this case.

Slightly old saying but, "All the planes in the air don't matter if you don't have boots on the ground." Jack has the offensive capacity to cause great havok, but he lacks the quantity that the armies he is replacing have that lets them hold ground effectively.

Now, give him a few days to win over the locals, study the environment, prep for the attack, and inspire the locals to fight, and I can see him swinging things back in his and his allies' favor.
    All of this would be valid points, if only he didn't have feats of soloing entire armies in minutes. Hell, vastly inferior people than him (i.e. Ashi) soloed armies in a very short period of time.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The moment they see him leap a few hundred feet into the air, crash into the middle of their command structure and kill everyone there, the rest of the army will understand they have made a terrible mistake.

I do realize he can’t be in two places at once, and if the army is hellbent for leather towards the fort, yeah, the outer edges can bypass him just fine.

Until they realize he’s coming up behind them.

Or he just jumps to the forefront and takes out those closest.

There is a somewhat limited amount of space for the Orcs to hit Helm’s Deep too, so the army actually will be clustered fairly close together.

Which is bad for them.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

2: He has to defend Helms Deep solo until the Rohirim arrive
    Probably at least as well as Batgirl

“Runs away from the half dozen people who even get the reference anymore”
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-13-2018 at 07:21 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

-_- x 10 000.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Ohoho!

[iunderstoodthatreference.jpg]

Same here........oh I wasted my life.

I don't get it?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral