Default A good story with Silver Swan

We have Silver Swan but she is still MIA now. Is there any good arc you would like to see her in?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We have Silver Swan but she is still MIA now. Is there any good arc you would like to see her in?
    Greg Rucka did great things with her in his first run.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The best Silver Swan story was the first pre-crisis one, second is Jimenez, third Rucka who basically picked up from Jimenez, fourth Perez.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 07-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

The best Silver Swan story is still her original first appearance in the early ‘80s by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan in WW vol. 1 #288-290. Rebirth was a perfect opportunity to return to that, but for some reason Robinson went with Vanessa. I never liked Vanessa as the Swan. Perez did an interesting arc in his run and we actually got a pretty developed character arc for Valerie through her various appearances in his run. The WW ‘77 comic had an interesting take on the character too.
    If a future writer decides to use the Swan, I’d like to them go back to the original concept. Although with the version of Ares Rucka left, I’m not sure if the original Swan would work unless she’s an agent of his sons.

Each Swan had her own powers. I hope someone actually takes the time to have one swan has all of those powers. If Ares didn't give the silver her powers in some origin what would be a interesting version of the character? I guess Perez's

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    The best Silver Swan story is still her original first appearance in the early ‘80s by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan in WW vol. 1 #288-290. Rebirth was a perfect opportunity to return to that, but for some reason Robinson went with Vanessa. I never liked Vanessa as the Swan. Perez did an interesting arc in his run and we actually got a pretty developed character arc for Valerie through her various appearances in his run. The WW ‘77 comic had an interesting take on the character too.
    If a future writer decides to use the Swan, I’d like to them go back to the original concept. Although with the version of Ares Rucka left, I’m not sure if the original Swan would work unless she’s an agent of his sons.
    The original would get my vote. I particularly liked her ability to charm men, which nobody but WW seemed to realize was happening.

I'm not too familiar with Silver Swan besides the post-crisis versions and I think we're better off without them for now. Cause, well, we already have the Cheetah with a similar friend-gone-wrong story.

In the original, she was never friends with Diana, not even with Valarie version was she a friend with Diana. So we don't need a friendship gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I'm not too familiar with Silver Swan besides the post-crisis versions and I think we're better off without them for now. Cause, well, we already have the Cheetah with a similar friend-gone-wrong story.
    No, I prefer a Silver Swan story over Cheetah any day. Ugly duckling to beauty queen, deranged cybernetic monstrosity or classic Dazzler rip-off like in Sensation, she's always interesting.

I've read about it, but never read the first Silver Swan's adventure. I've kind of idealized Helena as a foe, because of her anger issues.

Valerie was good and definitely fit the role of the villain getting redeemed, which is very much a part of Wonder Woman's origins. That might be a fun path to go down again, especially if we ever get a Transformation Island back with Amazonian doctors, psychologists, and therapists staffing it. It'd be interesting to see a place that worked compared to Arkham Asylum and other mental health/prison-like facilities in the DCU.

I got the emotional vibe we were supposed to get when Vanessa was transformed into the Silver Swan by Circe from Jimenez. My issues with Vanessa becoming Silver Swan are my own. I guess I just like too much that Vanessa's pre-Swan-isizing character is an earnest, underdog with self-confidence issues and found that interesting when she was in scenes with other characters. I'm also not someone who likes all the villains so directly connected to Wonder Woman. Sometimes, it starts to feel a little Spider-Man-y when that happens too much. For Helena or Valerie, they were new characters that came out of left field that broadened the Wonder mythos and still had stories full of anguish, heartache, and triumph that I connected too.

The original storyline back in pre crisis. That take on Silver Swan was essentially a modernized Priscilla Rich and she had a fun storyarc building up to her developing a thing for Captain Wonder. On top of that I just like the idea of Ares empowering rogues for Wonder Woman to tangle with.

True if not Ares maybe like Valerie it’s from surgery. Or maybe due to nuclear radiation