Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Definitely another big plus. Anna Maria is a fantastic character and, in all honesty, she & Otto are one of my favorite comic book couples. Hopefully, we'll get an eventual reunion between them in the pages of "Superior Octopus". *crosses fingers*
    I certainly hope that whoever is writing this gives due attention to Otto's personal life, and gives a credible portrayal of Anna Maria and Otto's relationship. Even as comic book couplings go, it's complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the best new character Slott created, honestly.
    I'd agree.

the amoral man who ruined Peter's life for several months gets rewarded handsomely. classic. Pass.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the amoral man who ruined Peter's life for several months gets rewarded handsomely. classic. Pass.
    Umm, you know this is fiction, right? This announcement isn't about Otto being rewarded or punished for stealing Peter's body. Slott made Otto an intriguing anti-hero character in Superior, one the fans want to see more of. Giving Otto his own ongoing is about audience excitement and exploring a new creative avenue for a classic character, not make believe karma.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-12-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

As a fan of the original Superior Spider-Man, I have to agree with this. Doc Ock getting a job at Horizon University, the one Peter founded with funds from the company Ock destroyed, working under the man whose relationship with Peter was ruined by Ock is just a slap in the face to Peter.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    As a fan of the original Superior Spider-Man, I have to agree with this. Doc Ock getting a job at Horizon University, the one Peter founded with funds from the company Ock destroyed, working under the man whose relationship with Peter was ruined by Ock is just a slap in the face to Peter.
    In-universe I agree that sucks, but the new ongoing is another matter.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

In-universe I agree that sucks, but the new ongoing is another matter.
    Yeah, the ongoing seems pretty cool; I'll be picking it up either way. I meant that I hope Doc Ock gets his comeuppance, since I don't feel he's earned his redemption. It'd be nice to see him lose all his status and pedigree just like Peter did in ASM 1.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, the ongoing seems pretty cool; I'll be picking it up either way. I meant that I hope Doc Ock gets his comeuppance, since I don't feel he's earned his redemption. It'd be nice to see him lose all his status and pedigree just like Peter did in ASM 1.
    He did get off very easy, I'll concede that point. Who knows, maybe he will get some payback in the new series?

iMan 42s

All the reveal shown was the cover art unless I'm missing something. As far as his luck goes its entirely possible he gets punched in the groin by Galactus on the very first page. We just don't know.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

THE DIE IS CAST! I'll be reading this! Hopefully I can make it into the Spidey panel at SDCC.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Wasn't expecting this! Definitely looking forward to it!

He did get off very easy, I'll concede that point. Who knows, maybe he will get some payback in the new series?
    The ultimate comeuppance would be the book getting cancelled when you think about it .

glad that Anna Maria will have some place to show up.

Pete was already accomplished at ruining his own life. Otto actually showed him what it would be like to not lose all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    Calling it now, series ends with him fat lol
    I feel like the poor guy is gonna develop an eating disorder to keep his figure.

Someone should really take down that menace Spider-man for body-shaming in 2018.
    Last edited by Junco; 07-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.

While I absolutely hated Superior Spider-Man with a passion, I am interested in Otto’s current status with the clone body and after where Slott left him off with ASM 800, I’m interested in where this goes.