Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was actually mentioned in ASM #1. She's suing Peter because he stole the credit for her and other Parker Industries employees' inventions.
    So she claims, and given the plagiarism charge, it's pretty plausible in-universe, even if we in the audience (and anybody who actually knows Peter in-universe) know differently.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was actually mentioned in ASM #1. She's suing Peter because he stole the credit for her and other Parker Industries employees' inventions.
    I don't think we'll actually see that happen in the series itself, just because that seemed to me as an extra "pouring salt in the wound" for Peter rather than directly teasing her coming back. But who knows, I do agree that she would be perfect to make her return in Superior Octopus.

I'm so excited for this! I haven't really been keeping up since early in Secret Empire. Is there any required reading to get up to speed before this launches?

It's official now that Superior Octopus is just a one-shot issue that leads into Spider-Geddon, which is disappointing, but hopefully if it does well we can get a full series out it. Either way will be very interested to pick it up and see what little story they got for Otto.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I'm so excited for this! I haven't really been keeping up since early in Secret Empire. Is there any required reading to get up to speed before this launches?
    I would probably say Amazing Spider-Man #800, as its the first time Otto shows up since Secret Empire. It essentially sets up where Otto will be at the start of this issue.
    spoilers:
    Basically Peter and Otto part on "good-ish" terms (or as good as they both possibly can be) after Otto saves May from the Red Goblin, and then he moves to San Francisco to work at Horizon University, under the alias Dr. Elliot Tolliver, so he can be closer to Anna and use the resources to continue being a "Superior" hero.
    end of spoilers

Cool, thanks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's official now that Superior Octopus is just a one-shot issue that leads into Spider-Geddon, which is disappointing, but hopefully if it does well we can get a full series out it. Either way will be very interested to pick it up and see what little story they got for Otto.
    Even though it's listed as a one-shot, everyone involved has been talking about it like it's an ongoing so I think there's more to the story.

On his Twitter, artist Mike Hawthorne says "having Travis Charest on the covers for Superior Ock is pretty awesome!"

Why say covers, plural, when it's just a one-shot?

And he also thanks fans for following him to his new book. That, again, seems to indicate that it's more than a one-shot.

Hopefully someone at Marvel will make some kind of clarification on this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Even though it's listed as a one-shot, everyone involved has been talking about it like it's an ongoing so I think there's more to the story.

On his Twitter, artist Mike Hawthorne says "having Travis Charest on the covers for Superior Ock is pretty awesome!"

Why say covers, plural, when it's just a one-shot?

And he also thanks fans for following him to his new book. That, again, seems to indicate that it's more than a one-shot.

Hopefully someone at Marvel will make some kind of clarification on this soon.
    Ah really, that is very interesting. You would think that they would at least give him a mini-series, it feels like there's more you could do than just a one-shot. Yeah, hopefully we find out for sure sooner than later.

All caught up and ready to Superior once more! Now to just wait till October I guess...

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ah really, that is very interesting. You would think that they would at least give him a mini-series, it feels like there's more you could do than just a one-shot. Yeah, hopefully we find out for sure sooner than later.

I asked Christos Gage directly on Facebook if he could clarify if it was a one shot or series and he said he couldn't say, seemed to imply it was up to Marvel to say. So we'll have to wait and see...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I asked Christos Gage directly on Facebook if he could clarify if it was a one shot or series and he said he couldn't say, seemed to imply it was up to Marvel to say. So we'll have to wait and see...
    Hmm, interesting.

I wonder if the one-shot is going to lead into a series that they want to keep hidden for now, a series that may feature Doc Ock but also have other components that would be spoilers for Spider-Geddon at this point.

I guess I will be excited for this....