Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    saving aunt may at the recent climax of slott's run doesn't give Octavius a pass in my book. he's still an arrogant, selfish crook, deep down, whatever his "nuances" that developed during his tenure in Peter's body (the first time around).
    Pardon me for speaking for others beyond myself, but I doubt anyone who is intrigued or excited to read more about Ock feel that way because they consider him traditionally heroic.

-Pav, who wants to read about some mad science...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Apparently this is just a one-shot according to Amazon.
    I hope not. An ongoing would be far better, but I'll take what I can get. Perhaps it is a test issue *crosses fingers if so that it sells well*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

So being he has a cloned partial body of peter/ben reilly, does he have spider powers like wall crawling and spider sense? Do you think he'll have webshooter or his body produces natural webbing? Or they could have him shoot black webbing as he might want to change the color of his web fluid to act more like an octopus secreting ink to blind its prey

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    So being he has a cloned partial body of peter/ben reilly, does he have spider powers like wall crawling and spider sense? Do you think he'll have webshooter or his body produces natural webbing? Or they could have him shoot black webbing as he might want to change the color of his web fluid to act more like an octopus secreting ink to blind its prey
    He has all of Peter's powers, including Spider-Sense, which he dubbed Octopus-Sense once.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I would be remiss if I didn't say I was very much looking forward to this. I'm hoping this is leading to a future for Otto after Spidergeddon. As far as why he's Superior Spider-man in that story I suspect his spider powers make him a target along with the other Spiders, and working with them as the Superior Spider-man would be more palatable to them than as the Superior Octopus. Anxious to see where this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Pardon me for speaking for others beyond myself, but I doubt anyone who is intrigued or excited to read more about Ock feel that way because they consider him traditionally heroic.

lol

10char
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I'm hoping that he's revealed to have powers of his own; from the mix of his dna with peter's. it's a shame that Miles already has the camoflauge ability. that's something that the octopus is known for. I also wonder what he's going to do with that stolen Pym particle. maybe he'll give himself some dimensional pockets to store gadgetry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Yes, I definitely don't want to read this because I consider Ock to be heroic. I want to read it because he's a complicated character who is capable of doing any number of unpredictable, morally shady, things.

I hope this is at least a mini and not just a one-shot, as some are saying. A one-shot would probably make sense, as a tie-in to Spider-geddon, but I'd like his new status quo to be explored a bit more.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Spider-Verse also started off with Doc Ock...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Spider-Verse also started off with Doc Ock...
    Yep, Superior Spider-Man got two post-finale issues to help kick off Spider-Verse alongside backup stories in the Amazing Spider-Man issues immediately preceding the formal beginning of Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While I absolutely hated Superior Spider-Man with a passion, I am interested in Otto’s current status with the clone body and after where Slott left him off with ASM 800, I’m interested in where this goes.
    Why? It was a great story. There was no reason to hate the series, especially in retrospect because everyone should have known it wasn't going to be a permanent change. They weren't gonna keep Spider-Man dead forever, just like they weren't going to keep Cap as a HYDRA agent forever.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Why? It was a great story. There was no reason to hate the series, especially in retrospect because everyone should have known it wasn't going to be a permanent change. They weren't gonna keep Spider-Man dead forever, just like they weren't going to keep Cap as a HYDRA agent forever.
    To be completely fair to it, it did have its problems like in the art department but in terms of pacing, issues 1-5 are fine as a story building on 700, but you can basically skip everything but 9-10 and still get everything you need to know in the first half. The Raft is unimportant, you don't need Age of Ultron, "Joking Hazard" doesn't amount to anything worse than what he did to start this whole mess, you can actually overlook a lot and still be ready to go for 14 on-wards. That isn't a problem for everybody on-board with the series from the word go, but 700 ending on the death of the book you had been reading, an advertisement for a new title nobody had asked for, and a milestone issue ending in spectacular failure, that's enough to disenfranchise people. And the people in-charge knew this and fanned the flames. Sure it wasn't permanent but people also don't like losing what they like and even getting shot down even when the book itself did have some legitimate problems.

From the time it was something of a nightmare to be a Spider-man fan, Peter wasn't around, everybody was a dick about it, narratives had to do mental gymnastics to justify itself, it was a mess. It is much better in hindsight, but I'm not surprised some still have grievances with it considering it's still a heap of unresolved plot points.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    saving aunt may at the recent climax of slott's run doesn't give Octavius a pass in my book.
    I wonder if "ElliOT TOlliver" will still keep tabs on her. Feels a bit stalkery to me if he will.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wonder if "ElliOT TOlliver" will still keep tabs on her. Feels a bit stalkery to me if he will.
    Well, it would be consistent with how he acted in the Living Brain...

Heck, his one line to her in 800 felt very stalker-ish to me.

BANNED

I wonder if it's going to be explained or referred to on why he doesn't look like peter.