Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Anyone else missing Reed Richards ?

Reed is the defining force of the Marvel universe. Always loved that he was sooo ahead of everyone. Can't believe he lost a game of Chess to Stark. It was so sad that they put the FF out to pasture after some REALLY bad FF series. (Hickman killed the francize) THEN the Foundation was a bad attempt to expand the FF. It didn't go well. They all were discontinued . Reed is the Smartest guy in the Earth world, Showcase him!

Kinda tough now that Ben and Jonny need the others now to keep their powers ! Reed will take care of it , as the other said .

That Said , I think Reed and Victor will come to a agreement.

BTW , The new Villain and her minions look to me like the 1st. Villain the FF faced = The Mole Man

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    Reed is the defining force of the Marvel universe. Always loved that he was sooo ahead of everyone. Can't believe he lost a game of Chess to Stark. It was so sad that they put the FF out to pasture after some REALLY bad FF series. (Hickman killed the francize) THEN the Foundation was a bad attempt to expand the FF. It didn't go well. They all were discontinued . Reed is the Smartest guy in the Earth world, Showcase him!

Kinda tough now that Ben and Jonny need the others now to keep their powers ! Reed will take care of it , as the other said .

That Said , I think Reed and Victor will come to a agreement.

BTW , The new Villain and her minions look to me like the 1st. Villain the FF faced = The Mole Man
    He lost more than one game to Stark. By the way. That in no way makes Tony smarter. It just means Tony is a little better at chess. So relax lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

I LOVED Hickman's FF. I also agree that losing in chess isn't a sign or lack of intelligence. It's about a type of thinking. Given that Stark has been an Avengers leader (think bigger organization with more parts than the FF), Director of SHIELD, and Secretary of Defensive, I can see him thinking more strategically than Reed. Reed is a scientist, Tony was at his core a military guy.

Hickman did not kill the franchise at all. His run is a modern classic for the series and a great read, the introduction of the Future Foundation was great too.
    The Fox films almost killed the franchise.

And I personally miss Sue much more than Reed. He got to go on break with a bang due to Secret Wars while she got nothing.

Plus he's coming back August 8th. So you won't miss him for much longer.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-12-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

No, I don't miss Reed Richards. If anything, I'd like to see him replaced on the FF for a while, so the other members can shine. I got really tired of the FF being Reed Richards and his dim-bulb assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No, I don't miss Reed Richards. If anything, I'd like to see him replaced on the FF for a while, so the other members can shine. I got really tired of the FF being Reed Richards and his dim-bulb assistants.
    Yeah, Reed got very introspective after Doom sent Franklin to Hell. After that, there was no more FF. It was all Reed was going to save the world, and everybody else helps. When Reed comes back, it’s hoped Doom has been castrated from his villainous ways, so Doom isn’t obsessed with driving Reeds family to Hell again.

At least there’s one thing Victor is looking forward too - His child being born, so that might change Victors perspective if he becomes a parent himself. The von Doom family has taken a long time to get started. If Hickman and Bendis didn’t do anything in Secret Wars and Infamous Iron Man, they did make Victor a father. It took the end of the world, the God Doom, and Iron Man Doom to make Victor a daddy. No other way.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-13-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This.
    Do not miss him at all.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Only serious exposure I have to Reed Richards (beyond the odd cameo in other books) is the ultimate version.

So no, not really.

he should come back but I'm not missing him. there's room for more than one 'big brain/science hero' in the Marvel world. black panther, Moon Girl, Amadeus Cho, Riri Williams etc.

as a long time FF reader, i can't even wrap my head around the accusation that hickman killed the franchise. i mean good lord do you remember the FF in the 90s?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He's coming home!!!

Astonishing Member

Missing him? I'd say that's kind of STRETCHING IT. Yeah. Yeah. I'm going. Calm down.

BANNED

Yes

He's a great character that hasn't been used right by a lot of people in recent years except Hickman.

Anyone who says he just makes the others look dumb haven't read a FF comic by Hickman, Waid, Claremont etc because the others always bring something else to the book.

He's the smartest on certain things but needs help with life.

Extraordinary Member

I certainly miss Reed, and will be glad for his return. I miss Reed being a major player during big events.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yes

He's a great character that hasn't been used right by a lot of people in recent years except Hickman.

Anyone who says he just makes the others look dumb haven't read a FF comic by Hickman, Waid, Claremont etc because the others always bring something else to the book.

He's the smartest on certain things but needs help with life.
    He doesn't make the others look dumb, he makes them seem much less important than him. It's meant to be a team of equals and most of the time it feels like a "Mr Fantastic and friends" book.

He's had a lot of development while the others haven't, especially Sue and Johnny. People say Secret Wars was a FF event and great sendoff, but it wasn't. It was a giant Reed vs Doom event, the others died in the beginning of it and the alternate versions were just there to further motivate Reed. It was only a good sendoff for Reed.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-13-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!